Detectives investigating the murder of a man knifed to death in Huyton today launched a bid to trace two shoppers they believe may have witnessed the sickening street execution.
Connor Dockerty, 23, was stabbed to death in Kingsway, just before 8pm, on Monday, April 19.
A post-mortem examination revealed the 23-year-old, from Litherland, died from multiple stab wounds.
Police said Mr Dockerty was riding his black Ghost bike along Kingsway, Huyton shortly before he was stabbed.
He was in or close to Gentwoods News and Convenience Store when police said he had a conversation with a group of "males and females".
It is believed that Mr Dockerty then became involved in an argument before the fatal incident.
And today officers investigating his death said they would like to speak to two men who are believed to have left Gentwoods News, also on Kingsway, at around 8pm that night.
The Liverpool Echo sends newsletters on a wide range of topics - including our daily news bulletin, now going out three times a day.
There are others on what's on, politics, court news, Knowsley, Wirral, and arts & culture, as well as both Liverpool FC and Everton FC.
Signing up is free and it only takes a minute for you to get the biggest stories, sent straight to your inbox.
How to sign up for an Echo Email Update
1) Go to our dedicated newsletter page at this link.
2) Put your email in the box where indicated
3) Tick as many boxes as you like, for each newsletter you want.
4) Press Save changes and that's it!
One of the men was wearing a distinctive black and yellow Moschino T-shirt and had tattoos on his arms.
Both men were stood outside the shop when the incident occurred and it is believed they may have witnessed the incident.
The men are not suspects - police have stressed.
Detective Chief Inspector Siobhan Gainer said: I would like to stress that there is no suggestion that these men were in anyway involved in the incident but we would like to speak to them as we believe they could help with our investigation.
I would encourage them to come forward to speak to detectives as soon as possible as their information could be vital to our enquiries.
This has obviously been a traumatic time for Connors family and friends and we have been pursuing a number of lines of enquiry since his death in order that we can bring whoever is responsible to justice.
Connor's death has sparked an outpouring of grief.
Bouquets, candles and a photo of Mr Dockerty were later placed outside Liver Launderette, at the corner of the shopping parade, in tribute to the young man.
One tribute simply said: "You'll never be forgotten my bro x."
A 14-year-old boy has been charged with murder.
A 15-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl arrested on suspicion of murder have both been released on conditional bail.
The 14-year-old boy who is charged with Mr Dockerty's murder has previously appeared at Liverpool Crown Court.
Due to the boy's age, he cannot be named for legal reasons.
The boy was not asked to enter any plea and spoke only to confirm his name, before sitting in silence for the remainder of the hearing on April 27..
Michael Stephenson, prosecuting, said police investigations into the incident were ongoing.
Judge Andrew Menary, QC, set a provisional trial, estimated to last 10 days, for October 20 this year.
He said the boy would next appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing on July 19.
Julian Nutter, defending, made no application for bail and the 14-year-old was remanded to a youth detention facility.
Anyone with information can DM @MerPolCC on Twitter, call 101, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 21000249425.
Anyone who would like to upload CCTV or mobile phone footage to help with the investigation can use the police's Major Incident Portal by clicking on 'Merseyside Police' and the 'Kingsway murder Huyton' icon.
They can also message police in confidence via the portal: Public Portal ( mipp.police.uk )
See the article here: