The Timmins woman competed in Ms. Galaxy Canada pageant where she placed in the Top 5
Competing in a pageantmade Natalie Levesque realize how strong, intelligent and confident she is.
Levesque, 30,recently participated in the Ms.GalaxyCanada pageant held in Toronto where she placed fourth overall.Out of 15 contestants, she also scored the highest in the Best Evening Gown category.
This was her very first pageant experience.
When I got called for Top 5, I started crying and freaking out because I was so excited, she says. I really wanted to try to make Top 5. Im honestly very impressed withmyself, I think I did really well.
Taking part in a pageant has been her dream since she was a kid but she never had the confidence, Levesque says.
Born and raised in Timmins, Levesque has always had a passion for the arts including dancing, singing and community theatre. She was involved with a choir for 15 years and plays the guitar, piano and ukulele.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience for Levesque, who was involved with the Canadian Cancer Society for over a decade, made hygiene kits for the marginalized population and did a Facebook live concert for a South Porcupine Food Bank that suffered from a fire in June.
Ive always been very interested in volunteering and just giving my time. Ive just always done that, Levesque says. Ever since she started doing community service as a high school student, she has never stopped. I realized I loved helping, so I kept doing it.
Levesques friend, whos competed in pageants worldwide, told her about the GalaxyCanada pageants. This system has no age, size, height restrictions and allows girls and women regardless of their marital status or whether they have tattoos or children to compete.
As a single mother of two children, withtattoos, Levesque felt thesystem was tailored specifically for her. She signed up in January of this year and had several months to prepare, although with the uncertainty around the pandemic, she didnt have her hopes up.
Levesque recalls feeling nervous at the finals, but everyone was very welcoming and there was a sense of camaraderie. The finalists were helping each other backstage, and the amount of bonding that happened within that short time frame was insane.
Its just a huge weekend of girl-time bonding where we all hang out in each others hotel rooms, practising the dance number, showing each other our gowns and pumping each other up, she says. Its honestly one of the most uplifting experiences.
One of the key takeaways shes learned from her experience is to put your phone away and be in the moment. On the first day, Levesque was getting used to the atmosphere and wasnt fully present. On Sunday, she started bonding with people, creating friendships and just having a good time.
She has already signed up for next years competition. The experience has 100 per cent boosted her confidence, Levesque says laughing.
Levesque is currently in the fourth year of pursuing a bachelors degree in nursing.
Shes always wanted to go into the medical field because it fascinates her. But she wasnt sure if shed be able to do it because for a single mother, going to school is a big change.
You have kids, you have a life, and then kids go to school, youre working. Then, one day I was, Im going to try it, well see how it goes. And I tried. So far, so good, she says. I do love it.
Being francophone is very important to her.French is Levesque'sprimary language and up until university, all of hereducation was in French. Her children also go to a French school.
"My knowledge in French has helped me in life. I have gotten a multitude of job opportunities because I am bilingual and it has helped me gain a leg up in employment," she says. "It also allows me to reach and connect the French population in my nursing education."
Levesque encourages anyone interested in participating in a pageant to go for it and enjoy the journey.
Ive learned so much about myself onthis journey. Its crazy and its so positive, she says.How strong I am, how confident I am, how intelligent I am ...I've come quite a long way."
Levesque, who plans to stay in Timmins, looks forward to graduating and starting her nursing career.
The rest is here:
National pageant one of the most uplifting experiences for Natalie Levesque - TimminsToday
- Savannah Kondratyev helping young women find their confidence with new lip blush tattoos - CelebMix - September 5th, 2021
- Tatted in Testimonies: Growing number of Christians using ink to proclaim their faith - The Messenger - September 5th, 2021
- USJ unifies dress code for male and female park employees | The Asahi Shimbun: Breaking News, Japan News and Analysis - Asahi Shimbun - September 5th, 2021
- Tattoo artist who inks nipples onto breast cancer survivors perfects her craft by practising on her own legs - Surrey Live - August 24th, 2021
- News to note : Women in Afghanistan fear for their lives and futures, trouble at Times Up & more - Boss Betty - August 24th, 2021
- 35 needles, black sesame dye and a prayer for the tiger god the Baiga tribe's godna art - Gaonconnection | Your Connection with Rural India - Gaon... - August 10th, 2021
- Bikers Gather For The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally As Experts Fear A COVID Spread - NPR - August 10th, 2021
- Worlds most horrific body modification as rapper rips flesh off face to give demon smile... - The US Sun - July 26th, 2021
- Female surfers ride the wave to China's Hainan island - The Economist - July 26th, 2021
- Mary Koms Olympic ring tattoo draws attention during her first win in Tokyo - The Bridge - July 26th, 2021
- UNM Professor Precious tough in the weight room - Albuquerque Journal - July 26th, 2021
- Police Blotter: Officers Referee Aunt/Nephew Spat On 11th Street; Man In Orange Shirts Is Trash Can Overturn Suspect - The Chattanoogan - July 26th, 2021
- Japans Yuto Horigome wins first ever Olympic gold medal in skateboarding - The Guardian - July 26th, 2021
- Skateboarder Annie Guglia's whirlwind few days: From Olympic alternate to getting a spot in the women's street event - National Post - July 26th, 2021
- TV best bets with the Olympics, Jungle Cruise, Bob Costas, Behind the Music reboot - Atlanta Journal Constitution - July 26th, 2021
- Supervision considered for woman in court, jail or on bail 'nearly every day' - Stuff.co.nz - July 26th, 2021
- 109 Small Hand Tattoos for Men and Women (2020) - July 10th, 2021
- 101 Gorgeous Foot Tattoos For Women With Significant Meanings - July 10th, 2021
- Beyond Motherhood: Powerful Women in Science - Armenian Weekly - Armenian Weekly This link opens in a new - Armenian Weekly - July 10th, 2021
- My summer of love: As a practising Muslim, my soulmate checklist didnt include lapsed-Catholics covered in tattoos - The Guardian - July 10th, 2021
- The Future of Breast Cancer Surgery Is Here - OncLive - July 10th, 2021
- Story Behind the Song: Meghan Patrick, 'Mama Prayed For' - The Boot - June 30th, 2021
- BTS: When Suga was worried after Jungkook revealed he wanted a tattoo like women have on their bodies - Bollywood Life - June 30th, 2021
- Who Needs Nipples Anyway? The Impacts of Breast Cancer Surgery - Curetoday.com - June 30th, 2021
- Netflix's Fear Street and why slasher movies will never die - BBC News - June 30th, 2021
- Police reports | News, Sports, Jobs - The Daily Times - June 13th, 2021
- Tattoos: a medium of artistic expression throughout the millennia (2) - Times of Malta - May 20th, 2021
- 125 Best Thigh Tattoos For Women: Cute Design Ideas (2021 ... - April 23rd, 2021
- 155 Trendy Ankle Tattoos for Women - Wild Tattoo Art - April 23rd, 2021
- 50 Best Chest Tattoos for Women in 2021 - The Trend Spotter - April 23rd, 2021
- 25 Symbolic Japanese Tattoo Ideas (2021) - The Trend Spotter - April 23rd, 2021
- The Nipple Nurse Is In: Breast Cancer and Double Mastectomy Survivor, Middletown's Stephanie Wagner, Shares Her Personal Journey and Healing Art of... - March 9th, 2021
- 900+ Unique Tattoos for Women ideas | tattoos for women ... - March 9th, 2021
- Orono, Ont., woman competes to be on cover of Inked Magazine - Global News - March 9th, 2021
- 'We are a misunderstood place': New MP Carrie Tan on Yishun, politics and her tattoos - CNA - March 9th, 2021
- Covid: Southend beautician fined after police discover her working | Echo - Echo - February 20th, 2021
- Thanks to Rawiri Waititi, Wearing a Tie Is Now Optional in New Zealands Parliament - Teen Vogue - February 13th, 2021
- I talk about Botox as a gateway drug: the changing face of the beauty business - Sydney Morning Herald - February 13th, 2021
- SA tattoo artist to the stars on taking his skill abroad - News24 - February 13th, 2021
- Summerside, P.E.I. woman competing to be Inked Magazine cover girl - The Journal Pioneer - February 10th, 2021
- I was fired 30 mins into my dream job because of my tattoos my family hate them & people shout abuse but I w - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Man arrested after drugging and tattooing four sex slaves with his name before forcing them into prost - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Capitol Riot Prompts A Reckoning Over Extremism In The Ranks - NPR - February 10th, 2021
- With Pastel Devil Studio, these artists are reimagining today's tattoo parlor - St. Louis Magazine - February 6th, 2021
- Brisbane sex slave ring accused face court over allegations of prostitution - 7NEWS.com.au - February 6th, 2021
- ED'S DESK: Bogan Evil-Doers With Tenuous Links To Ivan Milat Thrill Court Watchers With 'Matching White Forensic Jumpsuits' And 'Forlorn Expressions'... - February 4th, 2021
- 2 Green Country Women Share Stories Through Tattoo Ink; Competing In National Contest - News On 6 - February 2nd, 2021
- Cops investigated kidnappings, extortions, teen runaways across California. Victims all ended up at same motel, forced into sex trafficking, feds say... - January 30th, 2021
- Face tattoos give Indigenous woman a chance to reclaim traditional form of self-expression - CBC.ca - January 24th, 2021
- Dustin Poiriers 27 tattoos and their meanings after getting his first aged 14 ahead of UFC fight with Conor M - The Irish Sun - January 24th, 2021
- Holly Willoughby winces in horror as UKs most tattooed woman reveals inking in intimate area on This Morni - The Sun - January 20th, 2021
- The mum looking to fully cover her body in tattoos by the time she is 40 - Lancs Live - January 20th, 2021
- Cape Cod people of color have renewed hope with Biden-Harris inauguration - Cape Cod Times - January 20th, 2021
- Why the far-right and white supremecists have embraced the Middle Ages and their symbols - The Conversation AU - January 15th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal (English) - January 9th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal.com - January 5th, 2021
- Walker's Point women-led tattoo shop spends grand opening giving away proceeds to charity - WTMJ-TV - January 5th, 2021
- Women Get Tattoos of Stefon Diggs Name on Their Bodies, But He Doesn't Claim Any of Them - BlackSportsOnline - January 5th, 2021
- 25 Feather Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - December 27th, 2020
- Tattoo artist raped vulnerable client and sexually assaulted five others - Cheshire Live - December 25th, 2020
- 'Depraved' tattoo artist raped woman and sexually assaulted five others while performing work on them - Manchester Evening News - December 23rd, 2020
- The Interview Gift Guide That Gives Back - Interview - December 23rd, 2020
- Kalie Shorr Is as Bad as She Wants to Be In My Voice Video - Sounds Like Nashville - December 16th, 2020
- The Women Faced Off to Play Soccer. One Team Lost Because of Hair Dye. - The New York Times - December 11th, 2020
- Three Oaks wants INKED to raise awareness - Toronto Star - December 10th, 2020
- Meet the new couples of '90 Day Fianc' - CNN - December 9th, 2020
- Sunday Funday Moment: Local woman-owned business celebrating 10th anniversary with virtual Loteria party. - KVIA El Paso - November 30th, 2020
- The day my Indian mother confronted me about my tattoo - SBS - November 26th, 2020
- Women and Minorities Value, Perceive, and Experience Professionalism Differently than Their Peers - Newswise - November 26th, 2020
- I studied 5,000 phone images: objects were more popular than people, but women took way more selfies - The Conversation AU - November 25th, 2020
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals Why She Doesn't Have Any Tattoos - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 23rd, 2020
- Gassed in their cells, begging for food at Auckland Womens prison - RNZ - November 23rd, 2020
- Watch Lindsey Vonn Talk About Tattoos, Body Image, And Her Worst Injury In This 'Body Scan' Video - Women's Health - November 21st, 2020
- Pike River Mine: The women still bonded by tragedy a decade on - Newshub - November 18th, 2020
- OPINION: Tattoos are a way to express creativity - The Daily Evergreen - November 12th, 2020
- Fox Maxy discusses land and Indigenous people in his films - Daily Northwestern - November 12th, 2020
- Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. says to reach out to hear veterans stories at Madison County, NY Veterans Day ceremony - Utica Observer Dispatch - November 12th, 2020
- 50 Best Hand Tattoos For Women - Inspiration From Rihanna To Cara - elle.com - November 12th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 8th, 2020
- Meet the Artist Behind the Lighting Bolt Design That Has Become the Symbol of Womens Rights in an Increasingly Oppressive Poland - artnet News - November 5th, 2020