Dior names Jin Xing as a fragrance ambassador, and Milan Fashion Week designers are doing physical shows. Stay up to date with all of the hottest international fashion news stories of the week.
Dior has made history by naming Jin Xing as the face of JAdior. Notably, Xing is a transgender ballerina, author, and activist and was a former army colonel she was the first to publically undergo gender reassignment surgery in China in 1995. Xing features in the fragrances campaign, explaining how she felt at the time of her transition. When I chose to become a woman, to become a mother, a wife and face society anew, at the time 80 percent was worry, doubt, and even contempt, she said.
A few days after sharing mysterious images on his Instagram account removing the bio, avatar and uploading a post that said The End Jean Paul Gaultier has finally revealed what is going on. The French designer is hiring a series of designers to take turns in leading the brand. Gaultier is enlisting the tattoo artist Dr. Woo, French footwear designer Pierre Hardy, German brand Ottolinger and stylist Georgia Pendlebury.
This comes as the designer revealed he was bringing back RTW after six years. Supermodel Bella Hadid fronted the campaign, featuring many iconic Gaultier Marinire tops, corsetry, and a rendition of its 1996 Cyberbaba (now Morphing) dress. The collection hits stores and online on 28 May.
The Italian fashion house, Trussardi, has named the duo behind GmBH its Creative Directors. The Co-Founders, Serhat Ik and Benjamin A. Huseby will introduce their first collection in Fall 2022. The two will work together to redevelop the brands image to fit a younger and fresher demographic.
GmBH is referred to as a Modern Day Berlin Fairytale. It offers menswear and womenswear with fresh interpretations of workwear with a mix of underground influences and experiments with new and sustainable textures. The air will use their sharp and contemporary creative vision founded in [Trussardis] values when entering the new roles.
Christian Siriano is bringing back his bridal collection for 2021. The new collection will reflect his underlying theme of inclusivity, with sizes going up to 28. Pieces include a mixture of traditionally masculine and feminine elements, including a tuxedo blended with ballgowns, black wedding dresses, and bold pantsuits.
Weve been having multiple conversations with all of these brides that are coming into our studio lately we didnt see brides for a year and now have brides almost every single day coming in, said Siriano. What my team and I tell them is, Go for your ultimate, complete dream, fantasy everything, whatever that is! If its a slip dress, fine! If its a humongous, 10-foot ballgown, you have to do it because you never know whats going to happen. I think everybody needs to live to the fullest that they can because we all see what can happen in our world.
Milan Fashion Week has announced its calendar for this year several fashion houses are hosting their new collections in person. MFW will run from June 18-22, featuring live runways from Giorgio Armani, Dolce & Gabanna, and Etro. There will be a mix of both physical and digital shows throughout the event due to the pandemic.
We are approaching this new fashion week with a positive and optimistic attitude. The fact that the government has accepted our requests placed during the MISE Textile and Fashion Table, authorizing the holding of fairs in attendance from June 15, has allowed us to confirm the dates of Milan Fashion Week, giving an important signal to restart, explained Carlo Capasa, the President of National Chamber of Italian Fashion.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
See the rest here:
Top International Fashion News of the Week | 30.05.21 - The Trend Spotter
- Applications open for Christian and Dewitt county families in need of toys this Christmas - WAND - October 20th, 2021
- October art exhibitions, events, pop-ups and shows in L.A. - Los Angeles Times - October 20th, 2021
- 'Black Ink Crew: Chicago': Don Brumfield shuts down Apex Universe on its opening day - MEAWW - October 20th, 2021
- The TAT Studio celebrates grand opening - Pleasanton Express - October 20th, 2021
- Tony Fitzpatrick returns to College of DuPage for one last museum show, but 'it's not the end of anything' - Daily Herald - October 20th, 2021
- Oh, the horror! 'Halloween Kills,' 'The Black Phone' and 'Scream' highlight talent of local special effects group - Port City Daily - October 20th, 2021
- The Winners Of The 2021 Readers' Choice Awards Are Here - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 20th, 2021
- The tattoo artist helping breast cancer survivors to reclaim their sexuality and process their trauma - Independent.ie - October 9th, 2021
- Utah tattoo artist helps breast cancer survivors regain confidence through art - ABC 4 - October 9th, 2021
- Beats by Beat: WISER gives us a mix that's outer-worldly yet down-to-earth - Beat Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- NJ woman who went on a road trip with her boyfriend has been missing for months - WTRF - October 9th, 2021
- Here are all the winners in the 2021 Best of the Upstate contest - Greenville News - October 9th, 2021
- Carr Centers 30th season brings new space and the return to live performance - The Detroit News - October 9th, 2021
- Police investigation launched after vehicle reverses into Durham tattoo shop and house in 'targeted attacks' - ChronicleLive - September 5th, 2021
- Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention is a big draw, but is ink still taboo in the mainstream? - Bucks County Courier Times - September 5th, 2021
- 9 Fun Activities To Do In Binghamton Over Labor Day Weekend - Blog - Binghamton University - September 5th, 2021
- Is there a right age to get a tattoo or can anyone get one? - Euro Weekly News - September 5th, 2021
- Scot gets epic roll and square sausage tattoo to cover up ex's name - Daily Record - August 24th, 2021
- Kitty Hawk Planning Board reviews tattoo studio request - The Coastland Times | The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - August 24th, 2021
- Indian Motorcycle reveal second of three tattoo-inspired motorcycle designs - Visordown - August 24th, 2021
- An Italian student got a COVID-19 vaccine pass tattooed on his arm, and showed it works with scanners - Yahoo News - August 24th, 2021
- People using tattoos as powerful therapy to recover from trauma and help mental health - The Mirror - August 24th, 2021
- Second Tattoo Artist Revealed in the Indian Motorcycle X No Regrets Collaboration - Motorcycle.com - August 24th, 2021
- Stoke-on-Trent's first tattoo convention set to be ink-credible - Stoke-on-Trent Live - August 24th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 24th, 2021
- Missoula's 15TH Annual River City Roots Fest | 827-282021 - Grateful Web - August 24th, 2021
- Anderson .Paak Gets His Dying Wish in the Form of an Explicit Tattoo Regarding His Music - Atlanta Black Star - August 24th, 2021
- Safe House Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- 27 Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- Professional Tattoo & Piercing Studio Liverpool - August 10th, 2021
- Shooting Stars - The Five Best Watches To Wear During Perseids Meteor Shower - Trends and style - WorldTempus - August 10th, 2021
- Who is Joel Kinnaman's ex-wife Cleo Wattenstrm? Actor's wedding to tattoo artist cost $435 - MEAWW - August 10th, 2021
- Hair stylist and cosmetic tattoo artist moves studio to larger space in Easton - The Morning Call - June 1st, 2021
- 'USA Ink': How tattoos have left their mark on our history, culture - Fox News - June 1st, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- Penticton tattoo artist has dedicated his life to the craft - Penticton News - Castanet.net - June 1st, 2021
- Where Was Ninja Assassin Filmed? 2009 Movie Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 1st, 2021
- Red Table Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow and Gammy Get Matching Tattoos - TooFab - June 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh Pride Events Are Back, And There's No Shortage Of Ways To Celebrate - 90.5 WESA - June 1st, 2021
- Developments in Development: A new cafecito spot, La Muerte in the Mission, and affordable housing waitlist - Mission Local - June 1st, 2021
- Helping those who ensure dignity to the Covid dead - The Tribune India - June 1st, 2021
- Fantasy Island Reboot Teaser Arrives, a New Adventure Begins on Fox This Summer - TVweb - June 1st, 2021
- Briana DeJesus introduces her fiance Javi Gonzalez to Teen Mom 2 fans - Monsters and Critics - June 1st, 2021
- 15 places to check out on Sterling Road in Toronto - blogTO - June 1st, 2021
- Tattoo beauty strips in tiny tank top snap to show off hundreds of inkings - Daily Star - June 1st, 2021
- The CW Fall 2021-22 Schedule: The Flash & Riverdale Unite, 4400 Lands On Monday, Batwoman, Nancy Drew & Legends Of Tomorrow On The Move &... - June 1st, 2021
- Reality TV show focused on North-East salon returns for third season - The Northern Echo - May 20th, 2021
- Lil Uzi Vert and JT Appear to Have Gotten Tattoos of Each Others Names - Complex - May 20th, 2021
- Angels of the North series 3 confirmed as BBC show expands to to feature tattoo studio and gym - Chronicle Live - May 20th, 2021
- The dos and don'ts of aftercare to ensure your tattoo looks its best - Euro Weekly News - May 20th, 2021
- What's Open, What's Closed: Avoca Coffee, Italian cafe among new businesses headed to Denton this summer - Denton Record Chronicle - May 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Studios On Central, South Coasts Among Businesses Hard Hit By Pandemic, But Artists Excited To Be Back To Work - kclu.org - May 8th, 2021
- I got a hideous tattoo while on holiday. 20 years later, I've covered it up - CNN - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? You're not alone. Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic. - Detroit Free Press - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic - USA TODAY - May 8th, 2021
- Sacramento County businesses are still expanding in the midst of a pandemic - American River Current - May 8th, 2021
- Drake Reveals Custom Rolls-Royce Cullinan And It Looks Mean - CarBuzz - May 8th, 2021
- Bloke gets tattoo of lawnmower inked on his head as tribute to tragic brother - Daily Star - May 8th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 8th, 2021
- Inklanation Custom Tattoos & Piercings' 5 year anniversary with the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce - Cape Fear Business - May 8th, 2021
- See Dundee graffiti artists impressive 50-metre waterfront mural of the Tay Whale - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- The Best of the South Sound 2021 - southsoundmag.com - May 8th, 2021
- Everything is Temporary at Ephemeral Tattoo - INKED - April 23rd, 2021
- Tattoo addiction: Is it real? - The New Indian Express - April 23rd, 2021
- People think theyre better than me or assume Im stupid because Im a single mum with 95% of my body cover... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market 2021 by Production, Trends, Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2028 Clark County Blog - Clark... - April 23rd, 2021
- In the Mix: Amy Leavell Bransford will expand Aviary to Summerhill - Atlanta Intown - April 23rd, 2021
- Find the best ink for you - Lithgow Mercury - April 23rd, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 5th, 2021
- A Conversation With Medusa Tattoo Studio: COVID-19 and Ithaca Tattooing - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - April 5th, 2021
- See how tattoo artwork has modified because the 18th century - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - April 5th, 2021
- 5 Best Tattoo Artists in Indianapolis - Kev's Best - April 5th, 2021
- Get Inked At 12 Of Auckland's Best Tattoo Studios | Urban List NZ - The Urban List - April 5th, 2021
- Electric Tattoo: Love of art and 'forbidden fruit' drives Asbury Park studio - Asbury Park Press - April 5th, 2021
- The Vikings have invaded - but this time swapping swords for ink and tattoos - The Northern Echo - April 5th, 2021
- RIGHTEOUS TATTOO STUDIO - Home - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoos Utica, NY - Tattoo U Studio - March 9th, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market is anticipated to grow at a strong CAGR by 2025 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - March 9th, 2021
- Who is Elle Kings husband? Know everything about the tattoo artist - Republic TV - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoo Studio Software Market Technology Progress, Business Opportunities and Analysis 2021 to 2027 The Courier - The Courier - March 9th, 2021