The CW is going seven days a week and is tinkering with its fall schedule to celebrate.
Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders
The youth-skewing network will program the entire week for the first time and is going for a bumper unscripted slate across the weekend as it has originals on Saturday nights for the first time.
The broadcaster is moving a slew of shows to new nights for the upcoming season including new spots for Riverdale, which is being paired with The Flash, Batwoman and Nancy Drew, with DCs Legends of Tomorrow moving back to the fall after a midseason experiment.
New scripted series Naomi and All American: Homecoming will debut in midseason, while Sunday night, which was a haven for scripted superhero series, is going alternative with new unscripted formats Legends of the Hidden Temple and Killer Camp.
The CWs Schedule Release Day: Deadlines Full Coverage
Obviously, last seasons schedule was impacted by Covid-19 with The CW launching its fall schedule in January 2021 so the definition of fall and midseason might have blurred as a result of the pandemic.
The 2021/22 season will begin in earnest in mid-October but the pandemic will continue to impact the networks schedule with truncated episode orders expected across the board.
Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The CW Network, said, This year, as we begin to return to more normalized production schedules, The CW is firing on all cylinders.The CW dares to defy by expanding our primetime schedule to include Saturday night and becoming a full 14 hour, seven-day-a-week broadcast network for the first time in its history, offering more original series on both our linear and digital platforms, providing more opportunities for our advertisers and affiliates.
2021-22 The CW New Series
THE CW FALL 2021 SCHEDULE(New programs in UPPER CASE)
SUNDAY8-9 PM LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE9-10 PM KILLER CAMP
MONDAY8-9 PM All American9-10 PM 4400 (New)
TUESDAY8-9 PM The Flash9-10 PM Riverdale
WEDNESDAY8-9 PM DCS Legends of Tomorrow9-10 PM Batwoman
THURSDAY8-9 PM Walker9-10 PM Legacies
FRIDAY8-9 PM Penn & Teller: Fool Us9-10 PM Nancy Drew
SATURDAY8-8:30 PM Whose Line Is It Anyway?8:30-9 PM Whose Line Is It Anyway?9-9:30 PM Worlds Funniest Animals9:30-10 PM Worlds Funniest Animals
Sunday nights have previously been the preserve of superhero series such as Batwoman, as well as Charmed, last season, and Batwoman and Supergirl for the 2019/20 season. The network is now going all in on unscripted fare to close out the weekend with a reboot of Nickelodeons Legends of the Hidden Temple and a U.S. version of ITV2 reality series Killer Camp.
Pedowitz told Deadline that it went with unscripted programming on Sunday nights because of the pandemic-related knock-on effect. We went alternative primarily because Covid caused great havoc in production this year so some series were not finishing until June or July so couldnt be ready for the fourth quarter, he said.
He admitted that it will see it compete with ABC, which also runs unscripted shows on Sunday nights, but also sees it as a temporary fix. Some point well come back to scripted programming. At this point in time, its just a production issue.
All American keeps its Monday night slot with the reboot of sci-fi drama 4400 a property that has long interested Pedowitz replacing Black Lightning at 9pm.
The Flash keeps its Tuesday night slot and will be paired with another Greg Berlanti series Riverdale, which moves from Wednesdays at 8pm to Tuesdays at 9pm. This is the slot that was previously occupied by Superman & Lois this past season and Arrow the year before that. The network said that the eighth season of The Flash and the sixth season of Riverdale will begin their seasons with special five-episode events that will include a number of superheroes from across the universe appearing in the former.
Berlanti has two nights of series on The CW this fall with DCs Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman moving to Wednesday. Batwoman previously aired on Sundays and Legends of Tomorrow is essentially moving up from midseason. Season six of the DC property premiered at the start of May and its fifth season premiered in January 2020, while its previous three seasons were traditional fall players.
The CW is sticking with Walker and Legacies on Thursday nights, while Nancy Drew, which was paired with Riverdale on Wednesdays will move to Friday night at 9pm, alongside Penn & Teller: Fool Us.
The networks Saturday night plans will start with the iHeartRadio Music Festival, which will kick off on October 2 before moving to regularly scheduled programming featuring hour blocks of Whose Line Is It Anyway, which is moving from Fridays and the second season of Worlds Funniest Animals.
Nine series are being kept for midseason including All American: Homecoming and Naomi as well as the fourth season of Charmed, the third season of DCs Stargirl, season five of Dynasty, season four of In The Dark, the second seasons of Kung Fu and Superman & Lois, and season four of Roswell, New Mexico.
A renewal decision on Republic of Sarah, the Stella Baker-fronted small town drama that launches in June, will be made after its premiere, while its U.S. reboot of BBC format Would I Lie To You, exec produced by The Good Fights Robert and Michelle King, is not ready yet.
NEW FALL 2021 SERIES
4400 Over the last century at least, four thousand four hundred people who were overlooked, undervalued, or otherwise marginalized vanished without a trace off the face of the planet. Last night, inexplicably, they were all returned in an instant to Detroit, MI, having not aged a day and with no memory of what happened to them. As the government races to understand the phenomenon, analyze the potential threat, and contain the story, an empathetic social worker (Joseph David-Jones, Arrow) and hardened community corrections officer (Ireon Roach, Candyman) are among the civil servants called upon to deal with the uncanny refugees. The new partners clash in ideology and approach, but gradually find they have more in common than they thought as they become familiar with those under their care, including: a lawyer and resilient young mother from the early aughts (Brittany Adebumola, Grand Army), whose unexpected reunion with her estranged husband (Cory Jeacoma, Jersey Boys) and suddenly teenaged daughter is immediately rocky; a WWI Army surgeon fresh from the Harlem Renaissance (TL Thompson, Broadways Straight White Men); an influential hidden figure from the Mississippi civil rights movement (Jaye Ladymore, Empire); a black sheep reverend-scion born to a notable televangelist family in 1990s Chicago (Derrick A. King, Call Your Mother); a seemingly shallow but misunderstood D-list reality TV star (newcomer Khailah Johnson) from Miami, circa 2015; and two wildly different unaccompanied teens, a vibrant girl (newcomer Autumn Best) whose bell bottoms give away her 1970s upbringing, and an introspective, prescient boy (Amarr Wooten, Liv and Maddie) whose origin remains a mystery. These unwilling time travelers, collectively the 4400, must grapple with their impossible new reality, the fact that theyve been returned with a fewupgrades, and the increasing likelihood that they were brought back now for a reason theyre only beginning to understand. Based on the original TV series created by Scott Peters and Renee Echevarria, 4400 is from CBS Studios and is executive produced by Ariana Jackson, who wrote the pilot, Sunil Nayar, and Anna Fricke and Laura Terry of Pursued By a Bear.
LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE This supersized, adult version of LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE is taken out of the studio into a jungle and scaled up with tougher challenges and much bigger prizes on the line. It preserves the original Nickelodeon series favorite elements including: Olmec (the giant talking Mayan head), theMoat Crossings, The Steps of Knowledge, the Temple Run, and of course, the iconic team names: Purple Parrots, Blue Barracudas, Orange Iguanas, Red Jaguars, Silver Snakes and Green Monkeys. Every episode is a heros journey through a mysterious jungle. Five teams begin the journey, but only one is strong enough and smart enough to enter the ominous Olmecs Temple, avoid the dreaded Temple Guards, retrieve a lost treasure, and return it to its rightful owner. Based on the original game show created by David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and Stephen R. Brown, LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE is produced by Stone & Company Entertainment and Nickelodeon. The series is executive produced by Scott A. Stone and Marcus Fox (Paradise Run).
KILLER CAMP The new U.S. version of KILLER CAMP will return to Camp Pleasant as a mix of 13 unlucky American and British campers navigate through new deadly twists and surprises while competing to expose the killer among them for a share of the $50,000 cash prize. Each night, one of them will be viciously dispatched by camp handyman Bruce, whos back with counselor Bobby (comedian Bobby Mair), and a whole host of surprises and hilariously elaborate new murders. Executive produced by Karen Smith and Steph Harris with Ben Wilson as Showrunner, Killer Camp is produced by Tuesdays Child Television and distributed by Keshet International.
NEW MIDSEASON 2022 SERIES
ALL AMERICAN: HOMECOMING From the executive producers of ALL AMERICAN, ALL AMERICAN: HOMECOMING is a young adult sports drama set against the backdrop of the HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) experience at Bringston University, where Black excellence is a way of life. The series follows Simone (Geffri Maya, All American), a young tennis hopeful from Beverly Hills who is trying to fight her way back to great after some time away from the court, and Damon (Peyton Alex Smith, Legacies), an elite baseball player from Chicago who is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. After Simones aunt Amara Patterson (Kelly Jenrette, Manhunt), a journalism teacher and activist, exposes a scandal that threatens to derail the schools beloved baseball program, new coach Marcus Turner (Cory Hardrict, The Outpost) is determined to bring a championship back to Bringston the honest way with Damons help. Damon will adjust to his new normal with fellow baseball player and childhood friend JR (Sylvester Powell, Five Points) by his side. Meanwhile, as Simone struggles to find her footing, she will get a little guidance from Thea (Camille Hyde, Katy Keene), the super-competitive queen bee of the Bringston tennis team, and Keisha (Netta Walker, Come as You Are), the schools unofficial mayor, who will help Simone learn how to live her best life. As they contend with the high stakes of college sports, Simone and Damon will also navigate the highs, lows, and sexiness of unsupervised early adulthood at a prestigious HBCU. ALL AMERICAN: HOMECOMING is written and executive produced by Nkechi Okoro Carroll, and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, David Madden, and Robbie Rogers. Michael Schultz (All American, Black Lightning) directed the pilot episode. The series is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
NAOMI From Oscar nominee/Emmy winner Ava DuVernay and Jill Blankenship (Arrow), and starring Kaci Walfall (Army Wives, Power, The Lion King on Broadway) in the title role, the DC drama NAOMI follows the journey of a cool, confident, comic bookloving teenager as she pursues her hidden destiny. When a supernatural event shakes her small hometown of Port Oswego, Naomi sets out to uncover its origins, with a little help from her fiercely loyal best friend Annabelle (Mary-Charles Jones, Kevin Can Wait). She also has the support of her adoptive, doting parents, veteran military officer Greg (Barry Watson, 7th Heaven, The Loudest Voice) and linguist Jennifer (Mouzam Makkar, The Fix). After an encounter with Zumbado (Cranston Johnson, Filthy Rich), the mysterious owner of a used car lot, leaves her shaken, Naomi turns to tattoo shop owner Dee (Alexander Wraith, Orange Is the New Black), who becomes her reluctant mentor. While unraveling the mystery of herself, Naomi also navigates her high school friendships with both military kids and local townies, including ex-boyfriend and high school jock Nathan (Daniel Puig, The System); Annabelles longtime, loyal boyfriend Jacob (Aidan Gemme, Deliver Us From Evil); proud townie Anthony (Will Meyers, Bad Education); and fellow comic book enthusiast Lourdes (newcomer Camila Moreno). As Naomi journeys to the heights of the Multiverse in search of answers, what she discovers will challenge everything we believe about our heroes. Based on the characters from DC, NAOMI is written and executive produced by Ava DuVernay and Jill Blankenship, and executive produced by Sarah Bremner and Paul Garnes of ARRAY Filmworks. Amanda Marsalis (Echo Park, Queen Sugar) directed and co-executive produced the pilot episode. The series is from ARRAY Filmworks in association with Warner Bros. Television.
Go here to see the original:
The CW Fall 2021-22 Schedule: The Flash & Riverdale Unite, 4400 Lands On Monday, Batwoman, Nancy Drew & Legends Of Tomorrow On The Move &...
- The tattoo show returns to Wrexham this weekend - North Wales Live - November 13th, 2021
- These 8 Michigan Tattoo Shops Are All Women/Non-Binary Owned - wkfr.com - November 13th, 2021
- 100 Professionals Mingle With Middle Schoolers On Career Day - Reverb MSN Music - November 13th, 2021
- Lincoln Square Hairstylist Combines Love Of Death Metal Music With Cutting Hair: 'I Wanted To Start Something Unique' - Block Club Chicago - November 13th, 2021
- Virgin Voyages Adds Athlete Investment Group to Brand - Cruise Hive - November 13th, 2021
- 5 songs guitarists need to hear by Rory Gallagher - MusicRadar - November 13th, 2021
- Tattoo apprentice gets Greggs tattoo to celebrate her love of vegan sausage rolls - The Tab - November 2nd, 2021
- They Inked Their Dream in Eight Thousand Square Feet Asheville Made - Asheville Made - November 2nd, 2021
- All or Nothing Tattoo and Arts Studio - November 2nd, 2021
- A tattooed Halloween that will be hard to forget for a big queue of Wellingtonians - Stuff.co.nz - November 2nd, 2021
- Applications open for Christian and Dewitt county families in need of toys this Christmas - WAND - October 20th, 2021
- October art exhibitions, events, pop-ups and shows in L.A. - Los Angeles Times - October 20th, 2021
- 'Black Ink Crew: Chicago': Don Brumfield shuts down Apex Universe on its opening day - MEAWW - October 20th, 2021
- The TAT Studio celebrates grand opening - Pleasanton Express - October 20th, 2021
- Tony Fitzpatrick returns to College of DuPage for one last museum show, but 'it's not the end of anything' - Daily Herald - October 20th, 2021
- Oh, the horror! 'Halloween Kills,' 'The Black Phone' and 'Scream' highlight talent of local special effects group - Port City Daily - October 20th, 2021
- The Winners Of The 2021 Readers' Choice Awards Are Here - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 20th, 2021
- The tattoo artist helping breast cancer survivors to reclaim their sexuality and process their trauma - Independent.ie - October 9th, 2021
- Utah tattoo artist helps breast cancer survivors regain confidence through art - ABC 4 - October 9th, 2021
- Beats by Beat: WISER gives us a mix that's outer-worldly yet down-to-earth - Beat Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- NJ woman who went on a road trip with her boyfriend has been missing for months - WTRF - October 9th, 2021
- Here are all the winners in the 2021 Best of the Upstate contest - Greenville News - October 9th, 2021
- Carr Centers 30th season brings new space and the return to live performance - The Detroit News - October 9th, 2021
- Police investigation launched after vehicle reverses into Durham tattoo shop and house in 'targeted attacks' - ChronicleLive - September 5th, 2021
- Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention is a big draw, but is ink still taboo in the mainstream? - Bucks County Courier Times - September 5th, 2021
- 9 Fun Activities To Do In Binghamton Over Labor Day Weekend - Blog - Binghamton University - September 5th, 2021
- Is there a right age to get a tattoo or can anyone get one? - Euro Weekly News - September 5th, 2021
- Scot gets epic roll and square sausage tattoo to cover up ex's name - Daily Record - August 24th, 2021
- Kitty Hawk Planning Board reviews tattoo studio request - The Coastland Times | The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - August 24th, 2021
- Indian Motorcycle reveal second of three tattoo-inspired motorcycle designs - Visordown - August 24th, 2021
- An Italian student got a COVID-19 vaccine pass tattooed on his arm, and showed it works with scanners - Yahoo News - August 24th, 2021
- People using tattoos as powerful therapy to recover from trauma and help mental health - The Mirror - August 24th, 2021
- Second Tattoo Artist Revealed in the Indian Motorcycle X No Regrets Collaboration - Motorcycle.com - August 24th, 2021
- Stoke-on-Trent's first tattoo convention set to be ink-credible - Stoke-on-Trent Live - August 24th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 24th, 2021
- Missoula's 15TH Annual River City Roots Fest | 827-282021 - Grateful Web - August 24th, 2021
- Anderson .Paak Gets His Dying Wish in the Form of an Explicit Tattoo Regarding His Music - Atlanta Black Star - August 24th, 2021
- Safe House Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- 27 Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- Professional Tattoo & Piercing Studio Liverpool - August 10th, 2021
- Shooting Stars - The Five Best Watches To Wear During Perseids Meteor Shower - Trends and style - WorldTempus - August 10th, 2021
- Who is Joel Kinnaman's ex-wife Cleo Wattenstrm? Actor's wedding to tattoo artist cost $435 - MEAWW - August 10th, 2021
- Hair stylist and cosmetic tattoo artist moves studio to larger space in Easton - The Morning Call - June 1st, 2021
- 'USA Ink': How tattoos have left their mark on our history, culture - Fox News - June 1st, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- Penticton tattoo artist has dedicated his life to the craft - Penticton News - Castanet.net - June 1st, 2021
- Where Was Ninja Assassin Filmed? 2009 Movie Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 1st, 2021
- Red Table Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow and Gammy Get Matching Tattoos - TooFab - June 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh Pride Events Are Back, And There's No Shortage Of Ways To Celebrate - 90.5 WESA - June 1st, 2021
- Developments in Development: A new cafecito spot, La Muerte in the Mission, and affordable housing waitlist - Mission Local - June 1st, 2021
- Top International Fashion News of the Week | 30.05.21 - The Trend Spotter - June 1st, 2021
- Helping those who ensure dignity to the Covid dead - The Tribune India - June 1st, 2021
- Fantasy Island Reboot Teaser Arrives, a New Adventure Begins on Fox This Summer - TVweb - June 1st, 2021
- Briana DeJesus introduces her fiance Javi Gonzalez to Teen Mom 2 fans - Monsters and Critics - June 1st, 2021
- 15 places to check out on Sterling Road in Toronto - blogTO - June 1st, 2021
- Tattoo beauty strips in tiny tank top snap to show off hundreds of inkings - Daily Star - June 1st, 2021
- Reality TV show focused on North-East salon returns for third season - The Northern Echo - May 20th, 2021
- Lil Uzi Vert and JT Appear to Have Gotten Tattoos of Each Others Names - Complex - May 20th, 2021
- Angels of the North series 3 confirmed as BBC show expands to to feature tattoo studio and gym - Chronicle Live - May 20th, 2021
- The dos and don'ts of aftercare to ensure your tattoo looks its best - Euro Weekly News - May 20th, 2021
- What's Open, What's Closed: Avoca Coffee, Italian cafe among new businesses headed to Denton this summer - Denton Record Chronicle - May 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Studios On Central, South Coasts Among Businesses Hard Hit By Pandemic, But Artists Excited To Be Back To Work - kclu.org - May 8th, 2021
- I got a hideous tattoo while on holiday. 20 years later, I've covered it up - CNN - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? You're not alone. Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic. - Detroit Free Press - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic - USA TODAY - May 8th, 2021
- Sacramento County businesses are still expanding in the midst of a pandemic - American River Current - May 8th, 2021
- Drake Reveals Custom Rolls-Royce Cullinan And It Looks Mean - CarBuzz - May 8th, 2021
- Bloke gets tattoo of lawnmower inked on his head as tribute to tragic brother - Daily Star - May 8th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 8th, 2021
- Inklanation Custom Tattoos & Piercings' 5 year anniversary with the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce - Cape Fear Business - May 8th, 2021
- See Dundee graffiti artists impressive 50-metre waterfront mural of the Tay Whale - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- The Best of the South Sound 2021 - southsoundmag.com - May 8th, 2021
- Everything is Temporary at Ephemeral Tattoo - INKED - April 23rd, 2021
- Tattoo addiction: Is it real? - The New Indian Express - April 23rd, 2021
- People think theyre better than me or assume Im stupid because Im a single mum with 95% of my body cover... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market 2021 by Production, Trends, Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2028 Clark County Blog - Clark... - April 23rd, 2021
- In the Mix: Amy Leavell Bransford will expand Aviary to Summerhill - Atlanta Intown - April 23rd, 2021
- Find the best ink for you - Lithgow Mercury - April 23rd, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 5th, 2021
- A Conversation With Medusa Tattoo Studio: COVID-19 and Ithaca Tattooing - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - April 5th, 2021