This summer is bringing lots of bustle to downtown with businesses expanding and relocating and several new concepts making their way to Denton.
The Mugowner Amie Melton and staff pose for a photo at the coffee bar's new location, a station inside the Chestnut Tree Bistro.
The Mug coffee trailer has partnered with the Chestnut Treehouse Tea Room & Bistro to open a stand inside the restaurant. The coffee bar, which opened last weekend, offers The Mugs full coffee menu as well as grab-and-go breakfast and lunch items prepared by Chestnut Tree. The station will operate from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., opening before the bistro. The Mugs drive-thru location in front of Metzlers Food & Beverage on University drive remains open as usual.
Speaking of existing Denton businesses expanding to downtown, Soma Massage Therapy is moving from its Malone Street location to a bigger space at 531 N. Elm St. The roughly 2,000-square-foot space will feature seven treatment rooms to the former locations four and a large lobby. Soma closed Monday to prepare for the move. There will be an open house Thursday from 5-8 p.m., and pending a final city inspection, the studio plans to open for business Friday.
Twisted Bodies fitness studio also plans to relocate when its current lease is up in the fall, from its 5,000-square-foot studio at 709 S. Elm St. to a 2,400-square-foot space at 1706 N. Elm St. COVID-19 has hit the business hard, and increasing rent prompted Twisted to relocate, though it will offer the same classes and amenities in the new space, co-owner Khristen Pahler said. The owners expect the new location to open around August.
And for those on the south side looking to decompress, Relax Spa opened in Teasley Town Square early last month. The massage parlor, at 1776 Teasley Lane, Suite 104, moved into the roughly 1,500-square-foot space in early April after a remodel. The business is open MondaySaturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
At Golden Triangle Mall, shoppers can look forward to a new retailer coming to the north side of the former Sears space. Flooring and tile outlet Floor & Decor will inhabit about 75,000 square feet next to Conns HomePlus, and while a solid opening date has not been set, the store is expected to open around October.
In other new business news, Patchouli Joes Books & Indulgences is relocating from Leander to the Denton Square this month. The store will open in the former Green Botica space at 221 W. Hickory St. and sell new books, candles, Austin-roasted coffee and gift items. Owners Diane and Joe Mayes, who recently moved back to the Denton area, plan to have a soft opening at the end of May.
Also coming to the Denton Square is Italian bistro and cafe Two Gentlemen of Verona. Owned by father-and-son team Maurizio and Renato Pozzi, who hail from Verona, the cafe will offer authentic Italian pastries including Sacher torte as well as croissants, chocolate bonbons and, of course, coffee. The bistro is located at 120 W. Oak St. The Pozzis hope to open as early as six weeks from now or by the end of the summer.
When the historic house at 815 N. Locust St., now known as The Brownlow House, went on sale in 2020, Whitney and Cuong Mai knew the time had come to start and run their own bed-and-breakfast.
Another addition to central Denton is The Brownlow House, a historic Victorian home Denton couple Whitney and Cuong Mai restored to operate as a bed-and-breakfast and event venue. Located at 815 N. Locust St., the Brownlow House offers four bedrooms including a bridal and groom suite, private bathrooms and flexible event bookings. The B&B is expected to open Aug. 1.
Also coming to Denton is L-Evated Chiropractic, which will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony May 27 from 4-4:30 p.m. The chiropractic office is located at 625 Dallas Drive, Suite 150.
A new appointment-only tattoo studio, Quill Arcana, opened at 1010 N. Elm St., Suite 104, in early May. The three-person studio does custom work, specializing in color and realism. Appointments can be made via the artists Instagram accounts at @Chai.Sun.Lee, @RobertLuckyArt or @ShilohIvyRose.
At Rayzor Ranch, Chick-fil-A reopened in late April after a two-month remodel to serve more customers with a double drive-thru. The location at 2410 W. University Drive features an updated kitchen as well as more outdoor amenities including more canopies, heaters and lighting.
Also reopening soon is Dentons Alamo Drafthouse, which is expected to return in July after a monthslong pandemic closure. The cinema closed in March 2020 and tried to open again in August before shuttering as part of consolidation efforts in the Dallas-Fort Worth region. The theater will open with COVID-19 protocols including masks and a new filtration system.
And Les Muses Vintage, formerly at 209 W. Hickory St., reopened in a bigger location after a three-month closure of its own. The vintage clothing shop is now in a 3,000-square-foot space at 121 N. Elm St., where it offers an expanded selection, including a new designer section that features new and vintage pieces from designers such as Dior and Yves Saint Laurent, co-owner Dawn Gaston said.
Construction on the exterior of AVOCA Coffee Roasters on Fort Worth Drive continues Monday afternoon. The coffeehouse is located inside a commercial strip at The Viridian student-apartment complex.
In good news for coffee lovers, Fort Worth-based Avoca Coffee Roasters is coming to Denton in the form of a 2,711-square-foot storefront at 510 Fort Worth Drive, Suite 150. The space is part of a mixed-use retail development in The Viridian student apartment complex and will feature a drive-thru. Owner Craig Morgan said he hopes to open in late June.
In departures, Mi Casitas drive-thru location on West University Drive shuttered permanently in early May. The Mexican restaurants primary location at 110 N. Carroll Blvd., which offers dine-in and to-go service, will remain open normal hours, co-owner Lilly Kohandani confirmed Tuesday.
And downtown eatery Drunchies Tacos, located at 1115 W. Hickory St., Suite 113, appears to have closed its doors quietly in early May. Downtowners in the Denton subreddit group noticed a closed sign on the door May 12, and although no updates have been posted to Drunchies social media accounts, the restaurants number has been disconnected.
AMBER GAUDET can be reached at 940-566-6889 and via Twitter at @amb_balam.
Continue reading here:
What's Open, What's Closed: Avoca Coffee, Italian cafe among new businesses headed to Denton this summer - Denton Record Chronicle
- Hair stylist and cosmetic tattoo artist moves studio to larger space in Easton - The Morning Call - June 1st, 2021
- 'USA Ink': How tattoos have left their mark on our history, culture - Fox News - June 1st, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- Penticton tattoo artist has dedicated his life to the craft - Penticton News - Castanet.net - June 1st, 2021
- Where Was Ninja Assassin Filmed? 2009 Movie Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 1st, 2021
- Red Table Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow and Gammy Get Matching Tattoos - TooFab - June 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh Pride Events Are Back, And There's No Shortage Of Ways To Celebrate - 90.5 WESA - June 1st, 2021
- Developments in Development: A new cafecito spot, La Muerte in the Mission, and affordable housing waitlist - Mission Local - June 1st, 2021
- Top International Fashion News of the Week | 30.05.21 - The Trend Spotter - June 1st, 2021
- Helping those who ensure dignity to the Covid dead - The Tribune India - June 1st, 2021
- Fantasy Island Reboot Teaser Arrives, a New Adventure Begins on Fox This Summer - TVweb - June 1st, 2021
- Briana DeJesus introduces her fiance Javi Gonzalez to Teen Mom 2 fans - Monsters and Critics - June 1st, 2021
- 15 places to check out on Sterling Road in Toronto - blogTO - June 1st, 2021
- Tattoo beauty strips in tiny tank top snap to show off hundreds of inkings - Daily Star - June 1st, 2021
- The CW Fall 2021-22 Schedule: The Flash & Riverdale Unite, 4400 Lands On Monday, Batwoman, Nancy Drew & Legends Of Tomorrow On The Move &... - June 1st, 2021
- Reality TV show focused on North-East salon returns for third season - The Northern Echo - May 20th, 2021
- Lil Uzi Vert and JT Appear to Have Gotten Tattoos of Each Others Names - Complex - May 20th, 2021
- Angels of the North series 3 confirmed as BBC show expands to to feature tattoo studio and gym - Chronicle Live - May 20th, 2021
- The dos and don'ts of aftercare to ensure your tattoo looks its best - Euro Weekly News - May 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Studios On Central, South Coasts Among Businesses Hard Hit By Pandemic, But Artists Excited To Be Back To Work - kclu.org - May 8th, 2021
- I got a hideous tattoo while on holiday. 20 years later, I've covered it up - CNN - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? You're not alone. Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic. - Detroit Free Press - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic - USA TODAY - May 8th, 2021
- Sacramento County businesses are still expanding in the midst of a pandemic - American River Current - May 8th, 2021
- Drake Reveals Custom Rolls-Royce Cullinan And It Looks Mean - CarBuzz - May 8th, 2021
- Bloke gets tattoo of lawnmower inked on his head as tribute to tragic brother - Daily Star - May 8th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 8th, 2021
- Inklanation Custom Tattoos & Piercings' 5 year anniversary with the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce - Cape Fear Business - May 8th, 2021
- See Dundee graffiti artists impressive 50-metre waterfront mural of the Tay Whale - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- The Best of the South Sound 2021 - southsoundmag.com - May 8th, 2021
- Everything is Temporary at Ephemeral Tattoo - INKED - April 23rd, 2021
- Tattoo addiction: Is it real? - The New Indian Express - April 23rd, 2021
- People think theyre better than me or assume Im stupid because Im a single mum with 95% of my body cover... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market 2021 by Production, Trends, Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2028 Clark County Blog - Clark... - April 23rd, 2021
- In the Mix: Amy Leavell Bransford will expand Aviary to Summerhill - Atlanta Intown - April 23rd, 2021
- Find the best ink for you - Lithgow Mercury - April 23rd, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 5th, 2021
- A Conversation With Medusa Tattoo Studio: COVID-19 and Ithaca Tattooing - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - April 5th, 2021
- See how tattoo artwork has modified because the 18th century - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - April 5th, 2021
- 5 Best Tattoo Artists in Indianapolis - Kev's Best - April 5th, 2021
- Get Inked At 12 Of Auckland's Best Tattoo Studios | Urban List NZ - The Urban List - April 5th, 2021
- Electric Tattoo: Love of art and 'forbidden fruit' drives Asbury Park studio - Asbury Park Press - April 5th, 2021
- The Vikings have invaded - but this time swapping swords for ink and tattoos - The Northern Echo - April 5th, 2021
- RIGHTEOUS TATTOO STUDIO - Home - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoos Utica, NY - Tattoo U Studio - March 9th, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market is anticipated to grow at a strong CAGR by 2025 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - March 9th, 2021
- Who is Elle Kings husband? Know everything about the tattoo artist - Republic TV - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoo Studio Software Market Technology Progress, Business Opportunities and Analysis 2021 to 2027 The Courier - The Courier - March 9th, 2021
- Making grief visible: When tattoos help cope with the loss of a loved one - CBC.ca - March 9th, 2021
- Rachit Jadoun - A Professional Tattoo Artist Is All Set To Make His Name In The Industry - Social News XYZ - March 9th, 2021
- These Miley Cyrus Tattoos Are Dedicated to Her Exes - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - March 9th, 2021
- Ink Evolution - Flathead Beacon - February 20th, 2021
- Review: In a Promising Debut Feature, Test Pattern Chronicles the Search for Care After Sexual Assault - thirdcoastreview.com - February 20th, 2021
- The 50 Best Tattoo Parlours in America Big 7 Travel - February 17th, 2021
- Los Angeles Tattoo Shop Studio City Tattoo Los Angeles ... - February 17th, 2021
- Inkies Tattoo - February 17th, 2021
- Las Vegas BEST friendly and professional Tattoo Studio 21 - February 17th, 2021
- World Tattoo Studio Custom Tattoo Shop in Denver, Colorado - February 17th, 2021
- The Pittsburgh Tattoo Studio - Dormont Pa - Tattoo and ... - February 17th, 2021
- Vivid Skin Tattoo Studio - Home - February 17th, 2021
- Paramount Tattoo Studio - Piercings, Tattoos - February 17th, 2021
- Auckland Tattoo Studio | Otautahi - Unique Tattoos New Zealand - February 17th, 2021
- Tattoo Shop in Houston | Houston Tattoo Shop | Tattoo Shop ... - February 17th, 2021
- Home | InkBook Tattoo Software - February 17th, 2021
- Kenan Thompson says words were 'twisted' in controversial 2013 interview about the lack of Black women on 'SNL' - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 17th, 2021
- Charlie Cartwright: The Godfather of Black-and-Grey Fine Line Tattooing - Scene 360 - February 17th, 2021
- Tributes paid in memory of talented Blood Rush tattoo artist - Leighton Buzzard Observer - February 17th, 2021
- Artist and Influencer Mikey B Made It is legally trappin art from the hood to Hollywood - Press Release - Digital Journal - February 17th, 2021
- 14 up-and-coming queer Irish creatives to support in 2021 - http://gcn.ie/ - February 17th, 2021
- The Canvas Tattoo & Piercing Studio A tattoo and body ... - February 15th, 2021
- Tattoo Studio Game - Play online at Y8.com - February 15th, 2021
- Tattoo Studio | Virginia Beach | Whiskey River - February 15th, 2021
- REV23 - Tattoo & Body Piercing Studio Software, Apps ... - February 15th, 2021
- Firme Copias Tattoo & Art Studio - Best Tattoo Shop San ... - February 15th, 2021
- Aliens Tattoo | Best Tattoo Studio in Mumbai /India | Best ... - February 15th, 2021
- Tattoo artists share the common request many of them will refuse to do - Mirror Online - February 15th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 15th, 2021
- Fire in tattoo studio in Husthwaite near Thirsk | York Press - York Press - February 15th, 2021
- Frosted Flakes: Kusche Sets Mile Record, Neanderthal Poop and a Very Good Dog - Corn Nation - February 15th, 2021
- 'My girlfriend thinks my tattoo is for her - I don't have the heart to tell her the truth' - Mirror Online - February 15th, 2021