IF you have decided to get a tattoo, you now need to take care of it properly, read these tips on aftercare to avoid complications and ensure your tattoo looks its best.
A tattoo is a reflection of your life, your tastes and your personal style; you have gone through the process of choosing which tattoo you want and where to have it, found a reputable tattoo studio and undergone the procedure, now what you need to do is make sure that it heals nicely without scars or infection.
Having chosen a reputable tattoo artist who maintains proper hygiene procedures you have already have taken a huge step to avoid complications, now it is up to you to care for your tattoo at home. Once you have your tattoo, make sure your talk to the tattooist about aftercare before you go and ask about products they recommend, while also taking into account your skin type.
Step 1 Before you leave
The tattooist should put antibiotic cream on your tattoo before covering it with a bandage or plastic wrap to prevent bacteria getting into it as well as preventing it getting rubbed by your clothes. They will probably recommend that you keep it on for several hours.
Step 2 First wash
DO: After the recommended time, which will vary depending on the size and type of the tattoo, wash your hands with soap and water, and remove the bandage or plastic.
Gently wash the tattoo with warm water and soap, preferably with no fragrance, then gently pat the area dry with a soft towel or cloth. Apply moisturiser and leave uncovered to let the skin breathe. Some people recommend using coconut oil on tattoos to moisturise.
DONT: Use moisturiser with ethanol alcohol, because it dries the skin, nor fragranced creams or ointments. Dont use Vaseline or petroleum-based products to moisturise, as they can cause ink to fade. However, a thin layer over the tattoo while you shower can be useful as it will prevent water from getting on it. You can also use it on the area around the tattoo if its dry.
DONT WORRY: If you notice fluid coming from the tattoo, thats normal. It is a mixture of blood, plasma and some ink. You shouldnt worry either if it is red, slightly warm and a little painful to touch.
Step 3 Wait with care
DO: While you wait for it to heal, which will depend on the size, keep your tattoo protected from the sun. You can have showers, and gently wash and moisturise the tattoo as explained above at least once a day. After about five days, the redness should be fading.
DONT: use sunscreen on it or tight clothing. Remember not to swim or bathe. Do not scratch the tattoo or pick off scabs.
WORRY: If anything appears to be infected, contact the tattooist or your doctor.
DONT WORRY: If you have had a large tattoo, remember that it will be red and swollen for longer. If you see some ink running away while washing, its just the excess. Dont worry if the scabs are slightly raised.
Step 4 The week after
DO: To ensure your tattoo looks its best, about a week after you get it done you should continue to moisturise it and let the scabs fall off.
DONT: Its very important not to pick or pull the scabs off as you can take out the ink and leave scars.
WORRY: If skin is still red and swollen it may be infected, so speak to the tattooist or doctor.
DONT WORRY: If your skin feels very itchy, just keep moisturising.
Step 5 Final healing
DO: Between two weeks and a month after your tattoo is done, continue to moisturise your skin until it recovers its normal appearance.
DONT: If your tattoo still doesnt look quite how you expected, dont worry, it can take up to three months.
WORRY: If your skin is still red, swollen or painful, get it checked out.
DONT WORRY: If there are still a few scabs or dead skin, they will clear up. By the third week the outer layers of skin will have healed, but it can take up to four months for other layers to heal.
Some people prefer not to use moisturiser for tattoo aftercare, which is known as dry healing, as they believe it eliminates the possibility of irritation or allergic reaction. However, some believe that it can worsen itchiness. If you do decide not to use moisturiser, it is even more important not to go out in the sun.
These tips to ensure your tattoo looks its best will help you to understand how long the healing process is likely to take and what to expect, but it is always best to talk to the tattoo artist about how your own tattoo is likely to heal and how to proceed if there are any complications.
Where is the best place to get a tattoo in Fuengirola
If you are thinking of getting a tattoo on the Costa del Sol, then check out Jaganath Tattoos and Piercing, Calle Ramon y Cajal 42, Fuengirola
See designs by Jaganath Tattoos on Facebook and Instagram.
View original post here:
The dos and don'ts of aftercare to ensure your tattoo looks its best - Euro Weekly News
- The tattoo show returns to Wrexham this weekend - North Wales Live - November 13th, 2021
- These 8 Michigan Tattoo Shops Are All Women/Non-Binary Owned - wkfr.com - November 13th, 2021
- 100 Professionals Mingle With Middle Schoolers On Career Day - Reverb MSN Music - November 13th, 2021
- Lincoln Square Hairstylist Combines Love Of Death Metal Music With Cutting Hair: 'I Wanted To Start Something Unique' - Block Club Chicago - November 13th, 2021
- Virgin Voyages Adds Athlete Investment Group to Brand - Cruise Hive - November 13th, 2021
- 5 songs guitarists need to hear by Rory Gallagher - MusicRadar - November 13th, 2021
- Tattoo apprentice gets Greggs tattoo to celebrate her love of vegan sausage rolls - The Tab - November 2nd, 2021
- They Inked Their Dream in Eight Thousand Square Feet Asheville Made - Asheville Made - November 2nd, 2021
- All or Nothing Tattoo and Arts Studio - November 2nd, 2021
- A tattooed Halloween that will be hard to forget for a big queue of Wellingtonians - Stuff.co.nz - November 2nd, 2021
- Applications open for Christian and Dewitt county families in need of toys this Christmas - WAND - October 20th, 2021
- October art exhibitions, events, pop-ups and shows in L.A. - Los Angeles Times - October 20th, 2021
- 'Black Ink Crew: Chicago': Don Brumfield shuts down Apex Universe on its opening day - MEAWW - October 20th, 2021
- The TAT Studio celebrates grand opening - Pleasanton Express - October 20th, 2021
- Tony Fitzpatrick returns to College of DuPage for one last museum show, but 'it's not the end of anything' - Daily Herald - October 20th, 2021
- Oh, the horror! 'Halloween Kills,' 'The Black Phone' and 'Scream' highlight talent of local special effects group - Port City Daily - October 20th, 2021
- The Winners Of The 2021 Readers' Choice Awards Are Here - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 20th, 2021
- The tattoo artist helping breast cancer survivors to reclaim their sexuality and process their trauma - Independent.ie - October 9th, 2021
- Utah tattoo artist helps breast cancer survivors regain confidence through art - ABC 4 - October 9th, 2021
- Beats by Beat: WISER gives us a mix that's outer-worldly yet down-to-earth - Beat Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- NJ woman who went on a road trip with her boyfriend has been missing for months - WTRF - October 9th, 2021
- Here are all the winners in the 2021 Best of the Upstate contest - Greenville News - October 9th, 2021
- Carr Centers 30th season brings new space and the return to live performance - The Detroit News - October 9th, 2021
- Police investigation launched after vehicle reverses into Durham tattoo shop and house in 'targeted attacks' - ChronicleLive - September 5th, 2021
- Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention is a big draw, but is ink still taboo in the mainstream? - Bucks County Courier Times - September 5th, 2021
- 9 Fun Activities To Do In Binghamton Over Labor Day Weekend - Blog - Binghamton University - September 5th, 2021
- Is there a right age to get a tattoo or can anyone get one? - Euro Weekly News - September 5th, 2021
- Scot gets epic roll and square sausage tattoo to cover up ex's name - Daily Record - August 24th, 2021
- Kitty Hawk Planning Board reviews tattoo studio request - The Coastland Times | The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - August 24th, 2021
- Indian Motorcycle reveal second of three tattoo-inspired motorcycle designs - Visordown - August 24th, 2021
- An Italian student got a COVID-19 vaccine pass tattooed on his arm, and showed it works with scanners - Yahoo News - August 24th, 2021
- People using tattoos as powerful therapy to recover from trauma and help mental health - The Mirror - August 24th, 2021
- Second Tattoo Artist Revealed in the Indian Motorcycle X No Regrets Collaboration - Motorcycle.com - August 24th, 2021
- Stoke-on-Trent's first tattoo convention set to be ink-credible - Stoke-on-Trent Live - August 24th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 24th, 2021
- Missoula's 15TH Annual River City Roots Fest | 827-282021 - Grateful Web - August 24th, 2021
- Anderson .Paak Gets His Dying Wish in the Form of an Explicit Tattoo Regarding His Music - Atlanta Black Star - August 24th, 2021
- Safe House Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- 27 Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- Professional Tattoo & Piercing Studio Liverpool - August 10th, 2021
- Shooting Stars - The Five Best Watches To Wear During Perseids Meteor Shower - Trends and style - WorldTempus - August 10th, 2021
- Who is Joel Kinnaman's ex-wife Cleo Wattenstrm? Actor's wedding to tattoo artist cost $435 - MEAWW - August 10th, 2021
- Hair stylist and cosmetic tattoo artist moves studio to larger space in Easton - The Morning Call - June 1st, 2021
- 'USA Ink': How tattoos have left their mark on our history, culture - Fox News - June 1st, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- Penticton tattoo artist has dedicated his life to the craft - Penticton News - Castanet.net - June 1st, 2021
- Where Was Ninja Assassin Filmed? 2009 Movie Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 1st, 2021
- Red Table Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow and Gammy Get Matching Tattoos - TooFab - June 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh Pride Events Are Back, And There's No Shortage Of Ways To Celebrate - 90.5 WESA - June 1st, 2021
- Developments in Development: A new cafecito spot, La Muerte in the Mission, and affordable housing waitlist - Mission Local - June 1st, 2021
- Top International Fashion News of the Week | 30.05.21 - The Trend Spotter - June 1st, 2021
- Helping those who ensure dignity to the Covid dead - The Tribune India - June 1st, 2021
- Fantasy Island Reboot Teaser Arrives, a New Adventure Begins on Fox This Summer - TVweb - June 1st, 2021
- Briana DeJesus introduces her fiance Javi Gonzalez to Teen Mom 2 fans - Monsters and Critics - June 1st, 2021
- 15 places to check out on Sterling Road in Toronto - blogTO - June 1st, 2021
- Tattoo beauty strips in tiny tank top snap to show off hundreds of inkings - Daily Star - June 1st, 2021
- The CW Fall 2021-22 Schedule: The Flash & Riverdale Unite, 4400 Lands On Monday, Batwoman, Nancy Drew & Legends Of Tomorrow On The Move &... - June 1st, 2021
- Reality TV show focused on North-East salon returns for third season - The Northern Echo - May 20th, 2021
- Lil Uzi Vert and JT Appear to Have Gotten Tattoos of Each Others Names - Complex - May 20th, 2021
- Angels of the North series 3 confirmed as BBC show expands to to feature tattoo studio and gym - Chronicle Live - May 20th, 2021
- What's Open, What's Closed: Avoca Coffee, Italian cafe among new businesses headed to Denton this summer - Denton Record Chronicle - May 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Studios On Central, South Coasts Among Businesses Hard Hit By Pandemic, But Artists Excited To Be Back To Work - kclu.org - May 8th, 2021
- I got a hideous tattoo while on holiday. 20 years later, I've covered it up - CNN - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? You're not alone. Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic. - Detroit Free Press - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic - USA TODAY - May 8th, 2021
- Sacramento County businesses are still expanding in the midst of a pandemic - American River Current - May 8th, 2021
- Drake Reveals Custom Rolls-Royce Cullinan And It Looks Mean - CarBuzz - May 8th, 2021
- Bloke gets tattoo of lawnmower inked on his head as tribute to tragic brother - Daily Star - May 8th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 8th, 2021
- Inklanation Custom Tattoos & Piercings' 5 year anniversary with the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce - Cape Fear Business - May 8th, 2021
- See Dundee graffiti artists impressive 50-metre waterfront mural of the Tay Whale - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- The Best of the South Sound 2021 - southsoundmag.com - May 8th, 2021
- Everything is Temporary at Ephemeral Tattoo - INKED - April 23rd, 2021
- Tattoo addiction: Is it real? - The New Indian Express - April 23rd, 2021
- People think theyre better than me or assume Im stupid because Im a single mum with 95% of my body cover... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market 2021 by Production, Trends, Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2028 Clark County Blog - Clark... - April 23rd, 2021
- In the Mix: Amy Leavell Bransford will expand Aviary to Summerhill - Atlanta Intown - April 23rd, 2021
- Find the best ink for you - Lithgow Mercury - April 23rd, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 5th, 2021
- A Conversation With Medusa Tattoo Studio: COVID-19 and Ithaca Tattooing - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - April 5th, 2021