A REALITY TV show set in the North-East is returning for a third season.
Angels of the North, the BBC Three series that gives viewers a candid insight into life at a real-life Gateshead super salon,is back and producers say it isbigger than ever before.
As well as following the stylists who work at asalon in Gateshead, the series is expanding to feature friends and family within the region.
Over two series, Angels of the North fans have got to know the hair experts at Longlox salon and now they willmeet thefriends and boyfriends who work in other businesses across the North-East.
This includes a tattoo studio in Newcastle city centreand a Jarrow boxing gym.
The third series centres around the salon, which isrun by Sammyjo Pearson, 33, and tattoo studioPure Ink Studios, run by Shane Guttridge, 28.
Shane runs three tattoo studios in Newcastle with his dad while his sister is training to be a piercer.
It also featuresBilton Hall ABC Boxing club in Jarrow.
Among the young boxers is Ewan, 23, the boyfriend of Longlox hair extensionist Kallie, 20.
Ewan is hoping to turn pro and being coached by Callum Larson, 29.Callum is a personal trainer and the third generation of his family to train boxing talent at Bilton Hall.
Filming is expected to start soon.
Producers hope to highlight what life is like in the North-Eastand capture what it takes for businesses to succeed.
Made by Twenty Six 03 Entertainment, Angels Of The North will premiere on BBC iPlayer as an eight-part boxset later this year.
The first two series have been streamed 7.1 million times on BBC iPlayer. Angels of the North is a co-commission between BBC Three and BBC England.
Rachel Ashdown, Entertainment Commissioner for BBC Three, said: Angels of the North has been a massive success for the last two series so were really happy to be developing and expanding its scope and scale.
"Were growing the Angels of the North universe; bringing in more people who are connected to the salon to offer a real snapshot of life in the North East for ambitious young people. The series is fun, relatable and full of brilliant personalities and surprising stories.
Here is the original post:
Reality TV show focused on North-East salon returns for third season - The Northern Echo
- The tattoo show returns to Wrexham this weekend - North Wales Live - November 13th, 2021
- These 8 Michigan Tattoo Shops Are All Women/Non-Binary Owned - wkfr.com - November 13th, 2021
- 100 Professionals Mingle With Middle Schoolers On Career Day - Reverb MSN Music - November 13th, 2021
- Lincoln Square Hairstylist Combines Love Of Death Metal Music With Cutting Hair: 'I Wanted To Start Something Unique' - Block Club Chicago - November 13th, 2021
- Virgin Voyages Adds Athlete Investment Group to Brand - Cruise Hive - November 13th, 2021
- 5 songs guitarists need to hear by Rory Gallagher - MusicRadar - November 13th, 2021
- Tattoo apprentice gets Greggs tattoo to celebrate her love of vegan sausage rolls - The Tab - November 2nd, 2021
- They Inked Their Dream in Eight Thousand Square Feet Asheville Made - Asheville Made - November 2nd, 2021
- All or Nothing Tattoo and Arts Studio - November 2nd, 2021
- A tattooed Halloween that will be hard to forget for a big queue of Wellingtonians - Stuff.co.nz - November 2nd, 2021
- Applications open for Christian and Dewitt county families in need of toys this Christmas - WAND - October 20th, 2021
- October art exhibitions, events, pop-ups and shows in L.A. - Los Angeles Times - October 20th, 2021
- 'Black Ink Crew: Chicago': Don Brumfield shuts down Apex Universe on its opening day - MEAWW - October 20th, 2021
- The TAT Studio celebrates grand opening - Pleasanton Express - October 20th, 2021
- Tony Fitzpatrick returns to College of DuPage for one last museum show, but 'it's not the end of anything' - Daily Herald - October 20th, 2021
- Oh, the horror! 'Halloween Kills,' 'The Black Phone' and 'Scream' highlight talent of local special effects group - Port City Daily - October 20th, 2021
- The Winners Of The 2021 Readers' Choice Awards Are Here - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 20th, 2021
- The tattoo artist helping breast cancer survivors to reclaim their sexuality and process their trauma - Independent.ie - October 9th, 2021
- Utah tattoo artist helps breast cancer survivors regain confidence through art - ABC 4 - October 9th, 2021
- Beats by Beat: WISER gives us a mix that's outer-worldly yet down-to-earth - Beat Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- NJ woman who went on a road trip with her boyfriend has been missing for months - WTRF - October 9th, 2021
- Here are all the winners in the 2021 Best of the Upstate contest - Greenville News - October 9th, 2021
- Carr Centers 30th season brings new space and the return to live performance - The Detroit News - October 9th, 2021
- Police investigation launched after vehicle reverses into Durham tattoo shop and house in 'targeted attacks' - ChronicleLive - September 5th, 2021
- Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention is a big draw, but is ink still taboo in the mainstream? - Bucks County Courier Times - September 5th, 2021
- 9 Fun Activities To Do In Binghamton Over Labor Day Weekend - Blog - Binghamton University - September 5th, 2021
- Is there a right age to get a tattoo or can anyone get one? - Euro Weekly News - September 5th, 2021
- Scot gets epic roll and square sausage tattoo to cover up ex's name - Daily Record - August 24th, 2021
- Kitty Hawk Planning Board reviews tattoo studio request - The Coastland Times | The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - August 24th, 2021
- Indian Motorcycle reveal second of three tattoo-inspired motorcycle designs - Visordown - August 24th, 2021
- An Italian student got a COVID-19 vaccine pass tattooed on his arm, and showed it works with scanners - Yahoo News - August 24th, 2021
- People using tattoos as powerful therapy to recover from trauma and help mental health - The Mirror - August 24th, 2021
- Second Tattoo Artist Revealed in the Indian Motorcycle X No Regrets Collaboration - Motorcycle.com - August 24th, 2021
- Stoke-on-Trent's first tattoo convention set to be ink-credible - Stoke-on-Trent Live - August 24th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 24th, 2021
- Missoula's 15TH Annual River City Roots Fest | 827-282021 - Grateful Web - August 24th, 2021
- Anderson .Paak Gets His Dying Wish in the Form of an Explicit Tattoo Regarding His Music - Atlanta Black Star - August 24th, 2021
- Safe House Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- 27 Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- Professional Tattoo & Piercing Studio Liverpool - August 10th, 2021
- Shooting Stars - The Five Best Watches To Wear During Perseids Meteor Shower - Trends and style - WorldTempus - August 10th, 2021
- Who is Joel Kinnaman's ex-wife Cleo Wattenstrm? Actor's wedding to tattoo artist cost $435 - MEAWW - August 10th, 2021
- Hair stylist and cosmetic tattoo artist moves studio to larger space in Easton - The Morning Call - June 1st, 2021
- 'USA Ink': How tattoos have left their mark on our history, culture - Fox News - June 1st, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- Penticton tattoo artist has dedicated his life to the craft - Penticton News - Castanet.net - June 1st, 2021
- Where Was Ninja Assassin Filmed? 2009 Movie Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 1st, 2021
- Red Table Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow and Gammy Get Matching Tattoos - TooFab - June 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh Pride Events Are Back, And There's No Shortage Of Ways To Celebrate - 90.5 WESA - June 1st, 2021
- Developments in Development: A new cafecito spot, La Muerte in the Mission, and affordable housing waitlist - Mission Local - June 1st, 2021
- Top International Fashion News of the Week | 30.05.21 - The Trend Spotter - June 1st, 2021
- Helping those who ensure dignity to the Covid dead - The Tribune India - June 1st, 2021
- Fantasy Island Reboot Teaser Arrives, a New Adventure Begins on Fox This Summer - TVweb - June 1st, 2021
- Briana DeJesus introduces her fiance Javi Gonzalez to Teen Mom 2 fans - Monsters and Critics - June 1st, 2021
- 15 places to check out on Sterling Road in Toronto - blogTO - June 1st, 2021
- Tattoo beauty strips in tiny tank top snap to show off hundreds of inkings - Daily Star - June 1st, 2021
- The CW Fall 2021-22 Schedule: The Flash & Riverdale Unite, 4400 Lands On Monday, Batwoman, Nancy Drew & Legends Of Tomorrow On The Move &... - June 1st, 2021
- Lil Uzi Vert and JT Appear to Have Gotten Tattoos of Each Others Names - Complex - May 20th, 2021
- Angels of the North series 3 confirmed as BBC show expands to to feature tattoo studio and gym - Chronicle Live - May 20th, 2021
- The dos and don'ts of aftercare to ensure your tattoo looks its best - Euro Weekly News - May 20th, 2021
- What's Open, What's Closed: Avoca Coffee, Italian cafe among new businesses headed to Denton this summer - Denton Record Chronicle - May 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Studios On Central, South Coasts Among Businesses Hard Hit By Pandemic, But Artists Excited To Be Back To Work - kclu.org - May 8th, 2021
- I got a hideous tattoo while on holiday. 20 years later, I've covered it up - CNN - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? You're not alone. Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic. - Detroit Free Press - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic - USA TODAY - May 8th, 2021
- Sacramento County businesses are still expanding in the midst of a pandemic - American River Current - May 8th, 2021
- Drake Reveals Custom Rolls-Royce Cullinan And It Looks Mean - CarBuzz - May 8th, 2021
- Bloke gets tattoo of lawnmower inked on his head as tribute to tragic brother - Daily Star - May 8th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 8th, 2021
- Inklanation Custom Tattoos & Piercings' 5 year anniversary with the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce - Cape Fear Business - May 8th, 2021
- See Dundee graffiti artists impressive 50-metre waterfront mural of the Tay Whale - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- The Best of the South Sound 2021 - southsoundmag.com - May 8th, 2021
- Everything is Temporary at Ephemeral Tattoo - INKED - April 23rd, 2021
- Tattoo addiction: Is it real? - The New Indian Express - April 23rd, 2021
- People think theyre better than me or assume Im stupid because Im a single mum with 95% of my body cover... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market 2021 by Production, Trends, Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2028 Clark County Blog - Clark... - April 23rd, 2021
- In the Mix: Amy Leavell Bransford will expand Aviary to Summerhill - Atlanta Intown - April 23rd, 2021
- Find the best ink for you - Lithgow Mercury - April 23rd, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 5th, 2021
- A Conversation With Medusa Tattoo Studio: COVID-19 and Ithaca Tattooing - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - April 5th, 2021