Express News Service
HYDERABAD : Abbas Razvi got inked for the first time when he was 18 he got his spine tattooed and there was no looking back ever since. The 33-year-old sound engineer now has a little over 20 tattoos, big and small, all over his body. Honestly speaking, hes lost count.
His body is a canvas which boasts of art works by artists from across the world New Zealand, Germany and the renowned Paul Booth from the US. I got my first tattoo when I was in New Zealand. In the initial phases, I was addicted to getting more but there was a long break after I returned to India. I was a bit finicky about the hygiene and quality of equipment here.
But after a few years, I finally found a good studio in Hyderabad. I think Ive lost count of how many I have now, says Abbas, who has already decided what his next tattoo is going to be. Its an illustration based on a song by his band Godless, which has been designed by an Indonesian artist.
Is getting tattooed addictive? Is it the adrenalin rush you feel while the needle injects ink into the layers of your dermis that makes you desire for more? Or is it the plain simple urge to chronicle your lifes events and milestones?
Tattoo artists in Hyderabad say its a mixed bag of reasons and feelings. For Subhojit Chakroborty, who has his studio, Koru Ink, at Ramgopalpet, it is definitely addictive but very subjective. A tattoo helps you express who you are and people connect with the art in various ways spiritually, artistically, some relate to the pain, while some are just collectors who love to get inked by different artists from all over the world, he says.
But there is more to this, he says: Pain is our greatest teacher and once you conquer it, you rise up and see things from a higher perspective. That pain is a temporary part of the process which makes you learn to trust yourself and your body. Theres a lot more to this addiction, which is happening at deeper levels.
According to artist Amin Sultan Hajiani, the reason is simple: people compliment you on your tattoo, which makes you want to beautify your body some more. You go to your artist with an idea and he executes it well. You love the design, it makes you feel great and now you cant stop thinking of going back to him for more,he says.
Pinku Bijoy Ghosh of Inkkraft Tattoos in Banjara Hills has a different take on this. Our lives keep evolving, we go through so many incidents and we want to remember some important ones. Some of us capture these moments in the form of a tattoo. Its a beautiful experience which begins right from the time you share an idea with your artist till the time your tattoo heals. The amount of brainstorming that happens between the artist and the client is possible only when there is trust and a certain comfort level. Once you build this bond with your artist, you keep going back to him/her for more designs because you know theyll do a great job, he says.
Sridevi Addepalli, a mother of two who lives in Lingampally, is someone who captures her lifes moments and milestones by getting inked. She got her first tattoo 15 years ago in Bali a rose with thorns on her nape. I wanted my first tattoo to reflect my personality I am beautiful and delicate but can also be fierce. My second tattoo was dedicated to my pets. I got five paws on my ankle, one each for all the dogs Ive had in the last 39 years, she says as she plans her next design to mark her motherhood.
So heres a disclaimer, no one can get inked just once, and tattoos dont give you cancer! Go to a hygienic studio and brainstorm your idea with your artist because that piece of art is going with you to your grave.
Lets debunk some myths about tattoos
Tattoos give you cancer and HIVIt does not give you cancer, says tattoo artist Amin. The scientific community has not established a link between tattoos and cancer yet. As far as HIV goes, just go to a studio which is licensed and hygienic. Make sure your artist uses disposable needles, gloves, fresh ink and the environment is steralised.
You bleed a lot This was true back in the day. But now, with sophisticated needles and guns, you hardly bleed. But if your artist pierces the needle too deep into your skin, you might end up bleeding and the tattoo will look a mess. Choose your artist wisely, do your research about him/her.
You can erase a tattoo with laserYes you can, but its not easy. Firstly, it hurts a lot! Secondly, there will be some amount of irreparable damage to the skin. Finally, youd have to shell out big money for it. In short, you may be able to erase the tattoo but the world will know that you had one, thanks to the scarring.
See the rest here:
Tattoo addiction: Is it real? - The New Indian Express
- Applications open for Christian and Dewitt county families in need of toys this Christmas - WAND - October 20th, 2021
- October art exhibitions, events, pop-ups and shows in L.A. - Los Angeles Times - October 20th, 2021
- 'Black Ink Crew: Chicago': Don Brumfield shuts down Apex Universe on its opening day - MEAWW - October 20th, 2021
- The TAT Studio celebrates grand opening - Pleasanton Express - October 20th, 2021
- Tony Fitzpatrick returns to College of DuPage for one last museum show, but 'it's not the end of anything' - Daily Herald - October 20th, 2021
- Oh, the horror! 'Halloween Kills,' 'The Black Phone' and 'Scream' highlight talent of local special effects group - Port City Daily - October 20th, 2021
- The Winners Of The 2021 Readers' Choice Awards Are Here - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 20th, 2021
- The tattoo artist helping breast cancer survivors to reclaim their sexuality and process their trauma - Independent.ie - October 9th, 2021
- Utah tattoo artist helps breast cancer survivors regain confidence through art - ABC 4 - October 9th, 2021
- Beats by Beat: WISER gives us a mix that's outer-worldly yet down-to-earth - Beat Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- NJ woman who went on a road trip with her boyfriend has been missing for months - WTRF - October 9th, 2021
- Here are all the winners in the 2021 Best of the Upstate contest - Greenville News - October 9th, 2021
- Carr Centers 30th season brings new space and the return to live performance - The Detroit News - October 9th, 2021
- Police investigation launched after vehicle reverses into Durham tattoo shop and house in 'targeted attacks' - ChronicleLive - September 5th, 2021
- Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention is a big draw, but is ink still taboo in the mainstream? - Bucks County Courier Times - September 5th, 2021
- 9 Fun Activities To Do In Binghamton Over Labor Day Weekend - Blog - Binghamton University - September 5th, 2021
- Is there a right age to get a tattoo or can anyone get one? - Euro Weekly News - September 5th, 2021
- Scot gets epic roll and square sausage tattoo to cover up ex's name - Daily Record - August 24th, 2021
- Kitty Hawk Planning Board reviews tattoo studio request - The Coastland Times | The Coastland Times - The Coastland Times - August 24th, 2021
- Indian Motorcycle reveal second of three tattoo-inspired motorcycle designs - Visordown - August 24th, 2021
- An Italian student got a COVID-19 vaccine pass tattooed on his arm, and showed it works with scanners - Yahoo News - August 24th, 2021
- People using tattoos as powerful therapy to recover from trauma and help mental health - The Mirror - August 24th, 2021
- Second Tattoo Artist Revealed in the Indian Motorcycle X No Regrets Collaboration - Motorcycle.com - August 24th, 2021
- Stoke-on-Trent's first tattoo convention set to be ink-credible - Stoke-on-Trent Live - August 24th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 24th, 2021
- Missoula's 15TH Annual River City Roots Fest | 827-282021 - Grateful Web - August 24th, 2021
- Anderson .Paak Gets His Dying Wish in the Form of an Explicit Tattoo Regarding His Music - Atlanta Black Star - August 24th, 2021
- Safe House Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- 27 Tattoo Studio - August 10th, 2021
- Professional Tattoo & Piercing Studio Liverpool - August 10th, 2021
- Shooting Stars - The Five Best Watches To Wear During Perseids Meteor Shower - Trends and style - WorldTempus - August 10th, 2021
- Who is Joel Kinnaman's ex-wife Cleo Wattenstrm? Actor's wedding to tattoo artist cost $435 - MEAWW - August 10th, 2021
- Hair stylist and cosmetic tattoo artist moves studio to larger space in Easton - The Morning Call - June 1st, 2021
- 'USA Ink': How tattoos have left their mark on our history, culture - Fox News - June 1st, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- Penticton tattoo artist has dedicated his life to the craft - Penticton News - Castanet.net - June 1st, 2021
- Where Was Ninja Assassin Filmed? 2009 Movie Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 1st, 2021
- Red Table Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow and Gammy Get Matching Tattoos - TooFab - June 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh Pride Events Are Back, And There's No Shortage Of Ways To Celebrate - 90.5 WESA - June 1st, 2021
- Developments in Development: A new cafecito spot, La Muerte in the Mission, and affordable housing waitlist - Mission Local - June 1st, 2021
- Top International Fashion News of the Week | 30.05.21 - The Trend Spotter - June 1st, 2021
- Helping those who ensure dignity to the Covid dead - The Tribune India - June 1st, 2021
- Fantasy Island Reboot Teaser Arrives, a New Adventure Begins on Fox This Summer - TVweb - June 1st, 2021
- Briana DeJesus introduces her fiance Javi Gonzalez to Teen Mom 2 fans - Monsters and Critics - June 1st, 2021
- 15 places to check out on Sterling Road in Toronto - blogTO - June 1st, 2021
- Tattoo beauty strips in tiny tank top snap to show off hundreds of inkings - Daily Star - June 1st, 2021
- The CW Fall 2021-22 Schedule: The Flash & Riverdale Unite, 4400 Lands On Monday, Batwoman, Nancy Drew & Legends Of Tomorrow On The Move &... - June 1st, 2021
- Reality TV show focused on North-East salon returns for third season - The Northern Echo - May 20th, 2021
- Lil Uzi Vert and JT Appear to Have Gotten Tattoos of Each Others Names - Complex - May 20th, 2021
- Angels of the North series 3 confirmed as BBC show expands to to feature tattoo studio and gym - Chronicle Live - May 20th, 2021
- The dos and don'ts of aftercare to ensure your tattoo looks its best - Euro Weekly News - May 20th, 2021
- What's Open, What's Closed: Avoca Coffee, Italian cafe among new businesses headed to Denton this summer - Denton Record Chronicle - May 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Studios On Central, South Coasts Among Businesses Hard Hit By Pandemic, But Artists Excited To Be Back To Work - kclu.org - May 8th, 2021
- I got a hideous tattoo while on holiday. 20 years later, I've covered it up - CNN - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? You're not alone. Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic. - Detroit Free Press - May 8th, 2021
- Looking to get a tattoo? Artists say they're seeing increased demand, despite the pandemic - USA TODAY - May 8th, 2021
- Sacramento County businesses are still expanding in the midst of a pandemic - American River Current - May 8th, 2021
- Drake Reveals Custom Rolls-Royce Cullinan And It Looks Mean - CarBuzz - May 8th, 2021
- Bloke gets tattoo of lawnmower inked on his head as tribute to tragic brother - Daily Star - May 8th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 8th, 2021
- Inklanation Custom Tattoos & Piercings' 5 year anniversary with the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce - Cape Fear Business - May 8th, 2021
- See Dundee graffiti artists impressive 50-metre waterfront mural of the Tay Whale - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- The Best of the South Sound 2021 - southsoundmag.com - May 8th, 2021
- Everything is Temporary at Ephemeral Tattoo - INKED - April 23rd, 2021
- People think theyre better than me or assume Im stupid because Im a single mum with 95% of my body cover... - The Sun - April 23rd, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market 2021 by Production, Trends, Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2028 Clark County Blog - Clark... - April 23rd, 2021
- In the Mix: Amy Leavell Bransford will expand Aviary to Summerhill - Atlanta Intown - April 23rd, 2021
- Find the best ink for you - Lithgow Mercury - April 23rd, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 5th, 2021
- A Conversation With Medusa Tattoo Studio: COVID-19 and Ithaca Tattooing - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - April 5th, 2021
- See how tattoo artwork has modified because the 18th century - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - April 5th, 2021
- 5 Best Tattoo Artists in Indianapolis - Kev's Best - April 5th, 2021
- Get Inked At 12 Of Auckland's Best Tattoo Studios | Urban List NZ - The Urban List - April 5th, 2021
- Electric Tattoo: Love of art and 'forbidden fruit' drives Asbury Park studio - Asbury Park Press - April 5th, 2021
- The Vikings have invaded - but this time swapping swords for ink and tattoos - The Northern Echo - April 5th, 2021
- RIGHTEOUS TATTOO STUDIO - Home - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoos Utica, NY - Tattoo U Studio - March 9th, 2021
- Global Tattoo Studio Software Market is anticipated to grow at a strong CAGR by 2025 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - March 9th, 2021
- Who is Elle Kings husband? Know everything about the tattoo artist - Republic TV - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoo Studio Software Market Technology Progress, Business Opportunities and Analysis 2021 to 2027 The Courier - The Courier - March 9th, 2021