HOUSTON, March 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --Soliton, Inc., (Nasdaq: SOLY) ("Soliton" or the "Company"), a medical device company with a novel and proprietary aesthetic platform technology, today announced that the company initiated a second pre-clinical study in animals for potential treatment of liver fibrosis intending to validate the first animal study that demonstrated positive results for the potential treatment of liver fibrosis.
This additional pre-clinical study will seek to confirm the positive findings of Soliton's initial pre-clinical study in animals. The methods and conditions of the first study will remain the same in this second study. In the initial study, validated laboratory and histological assessments in a mouse model demonstrated that Rapid Acoustic Pulse (RAP) therapy reduced the effects of induced liver fibrosis 7-days following completion of carbon tetrachloride (CCL4) induction by 42%. Post treatment histology slides stained with picrosirius red (PSR) showed a lower percentage of fibrosis from a single 2-minute RAP treatment than the Control group.
"We look forward to conducting further studies seeking to validate and build on the initial pre-clinical results our RAP device demonstrated in treating liver fibrosis. We believe our RAP device has the potential to become the first non-drug based treatment option that can treat liver fibrosis and, in turn, aid the estimated 6-7% of the world's population suffering from liver fibrosis," said Dr. Chris Capelli, Vice Chairman, CSO and Founder of Soliton. "Our RAP technology has a strong scientific background, and we are excited to continue to explore its potential in adjacent medical and aesthetic applications."
The RAP device is currently cleared by the FDA for short-term improvement in the appearance of cellulite. The RAP device is also indicated for use as an accessory to the 1064 nm Q-Switched laser for black ink tattoo removal in Fitzpatrick Skin Type I-III patients. The device is not yet cleared for the treatment of liver fibrosis.
Join our more than 200K subscribers here to follow the Company:https://soly-investors.com
About Soliton, Inc.
Soliton, Inc. is a medical device company with a novel and proprietary platform technology licensed from The University of Texas on behalf of MD Anderson Cancer Center. The Company's first FDA cleared commercial product, RESONIC, will use rapid pulses of acoustic shockwaves as an accessory to lasers for the removal of unwanted tattoos and the treatment of cellulite. The Company is based in Houston, Texas, and is actively engaged in bringing the Rapid Acoustic Pulse (RAP) device to the market. The Company believes this "Soliton" method has the potential to lower tattoo removal costs for patients, while increasing profitability to practitioners, compared to current laser removal methods. The Company also believe the technology will provide the first non-invasive acoustic technology to target the underlying causes of dimples and ridges in cellulite. Soliton is investigating potential additional capabilities of the RAP technology. The device is currently cleared in the United States only for use in tattoo removal and cellulite.
For more information about the Company, please visit:http://www.soliton.com
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which statements involve risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, without limitation, our ability to successfully replicate the results of this animal study in further clinical studies in either animals or humans. These statements relate to future events, future expectations, plans and prospects. Although Soliton believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable as of the date made, actual results or outcomes may prove to be materially different from the expectations expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Soliton has attempted to identify forward-looking statements by terminology including ''believes,'' ''estimates,'' ''anticipates,'' ''expects,'' ''plans,'' ''projects,'' ''intends,'' ''potential,'' ''may,'' ''could,'' ''might,'' ''will,'' "would," ''should,'' ''approximately'' or other words that convey uncertainty of future events or outcomes to identify these forward-looking statements. These statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, including those discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including under the heading " Risk Factors" in our most recently filed Form 10-K filed with the SEC and as updated in our Form 10-Q filings and in our other filings with the SEC.Any forward-looking statements contained in this release speak only as of its date. Soliton undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release to reflect events or circumstances occurring after its date or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/soliton-announces-initiation-of-second-animal-study-for-potential-rap-treatment-of-liver-fibrosis-301242889.html
SOURCE Soliton, Inc.
- 33 Celebrities Who Regret Their Tattoos - Women's Health - April 5th, 2021
- Spaces Making Up 'the Interstitium' Are Connected | NYU Langone News - NYU Langone Health - April 5th, 2021
- Cleveland, OH: Ink On Ink Off | Tattoo Artist & Removal ... - March 9th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - March 9th, 2021
- DR. WALLACE: Removal an option for unwanted tattoos - Goshen News - March 9th, 2021
- 9 Factors That Determine Tattoo Removal Success - March 9th, 2021
- Latest technology offered - New Zealand Herald - March 9th, 2021
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 20th, 2021
- Soliton Named Best New Technology Award at the Aesthetic Industry Association Board Meeting - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2021
- Britains most tattooed woman covers half her skin with make-up to show what she looks like without ink - The Sun - February 8th, 2021
- Pure Ink Tattoo Studios - NJ Premier Tattoo Studio - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - February 6th, 2021
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - February 6th, 2021
- Integrity Ink Provides Fast, Effective, and Affordable Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal in Crosby, TX with the Astanza Trinity Laser - GlobeNewswire - January 27th, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- As Statues Of America's Racist Past Were Removed This Year, So Were Tattoos - NPR - December 31st, 2020
- New tattoo shop open in Torrington - The Torrington Telegram - December 28th, 2020
- How I Met Your Mother: Best Season 3 Episodes, According To IMDb - TheThings - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Celebs Who Refuse To Get Tattoos | TheThings - TheThings - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson Is Allegedly Getting All of His Tattoos Removed Details - Allure - December 19th, 2020
- 15 Best Tattoo Removal Creams That Works: 2020 Buyer's Guide - December 18th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 18th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Machine Market status and outlook: 2021 business development plans by companies, industry trends and restraints, market share and... - December 16th, 2020
- Why Kat Von D Covered Up Her Tattoos - PopCrush - December 16th, 2020
- What you need to know before getting a white tattoo - The Saxon - November 27th, 2020
- S.I. orange zone: This could be the end of my business, says gym owner - silive.com - November 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus: These businesses will close if NYC becomes an orange zone - SILive.com - November 20th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 10th, 2020
- The 'healing' power of tattoos - by artist who says studios are like confession booths - Birmingham Live - November 8th, 2020
- Celebrity tattoos that will inspire you to get inked - Times Now - November 5th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 4th, 2020
- How to Remove Fresh Tattoo Ink from Skin - Tips to remove ... - November 1st, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - November 1st, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 28th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal Treatments NJ | Laser Tattoo Treatment ... - October 21st, 2020
- Non laser Tattoo Removal: The most easy and cost effective way to remove tattoo - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - October 9th, 2020
- Reynolds ink: Why Rabbitohs skipper wants to 'start again' with tats - Sydney Morning Herald - October 8th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 4th, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 25th, 2020
- Bizarre: 44-year-old with several body modifications gets his nose removed to look like 'Human Satan' - Times Now - September 25th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo Blowout: Appearance, Treatments, and More - August 26th, 2020
- Hackensack Medical Laser - Tattoo Removal New Jersey - August 26th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal NJ: Get Rid of Tattoos Today! - August 26th, 2020
- TikToker gets freckle tattoosand it goes horribly wrong - The Daily Dot - August 20th, 2020
- National Tattoo Removal Day: INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist And Hate Tattoos For Free - Latin Times - August 13th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Market Rapidly Growing in Healthcare, Competitor Analysis, Complete Study of Current Trends and Forecast 2020-2023 - The Daily... - August 13th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - PRNewswire - August 12th, 2020
- Groupons offering free removal to ink fans who have a tattoo of the wrong star sign following Nasas 13th hor - The Sun - July 15th, 2020