The Yakuza series is a collection of games with nearly anything you can imagine. Whether youre a fan of beat-em-ups, rhythm games, dating sims, open-world collectathons, or anything in-between, youre bound to find something especially fun to do while exploring the city and its complex criminal underworld.
RELATED: 10 Games To Play If You Love Yakuza 0
If you also just want to look at some stylish characters, though, Yakuza is undoubtedly an all-star winner too, as many of the characters dress with a unique and classy flair that makes nearly everyone look charming and distinctive. Among the countless main and recurring characters of the series, there are ten in particular that are hard to top in style.
While hardly the most spectacular-looking member of the Yakuza cast, the recurring protagonist Kazuma Kiryu is hard to miss thanks to his prominent and bright looks. His wardrobe is highlighted by a white jacket and red dress shirt, both of which are bright enough to make him stand out beautifully from a crowd.
Even more spiffy of him are his collars, both of whichare as sharp as a knife. They frame his chiseled face perfectly, and the harsh angles make him just as intimidating to the random mobs he can beat down as he is charming in social engagements.
While he might blend in more with his darker color scheme, it suits the slightly more serious edge that he has over Kazuma. In many ways, his black dress shirt and red blazer feel like an inversion of Kazumas brighter style but make for a much more threatening force in general.
RELATED: The 5 Best Things About Yakuza Remastered (& The 5 Worst)
Shun also does far more with his open shirt, featuring a gorgeous golden necklace among his wider open buttons. Kiryus main accessory is a heavy watch, but having something near his face gives Shun much more to look at when youre having conversations than just an empty void of pectoral muscles.
When standing among his fellow open-collar shirt peers, Ryuji Goda stands out by having way more layers over his bare chest than anyone else in the series. He does love to shed his tops here and there, but his primary outfit involves a fur-seamed jacket, a formal bright blazer, and a dark shirt underneath.
These layers are surely comfortable, but add a level of thickness that he doesnt even need thanks to his impressive frame. This is a character who knows his strength and body but doesnt need to advertise it as his only feature, as hes far more than just a pile of muscles.
Many of the men in the Yakuza series are the major highlights of fashion, but the women in Yakuza can often have even stronger and more unique looks thanks to a wide variety of outfits depending on the situation. Saori, however, manages to stick out by having what might be the most comfortable semi-formal outfit in the game.
Her knit sweater and top are hardly on the level of a formal blazer and dress suit, but suit her exceptionally well and fit her form in a way that makes them appear more professional than they might seem independently. There are tons of additional outfits and dresses in the game for her, but this default casual wardrobe makes for one of the best casual looks in the entire series.
Sohei has two looks that appear throughout the series, and both help him show the status he has as the leader of the Dojima family. One is a fairly standard black and grey striped suit, and while its quite dark and plain, its highlighted by a blood-red tie and thick shades that make him look like a true and traditional mobster.
RELATED: The 10 Best Side Quests In Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Ranked
Even better, though, is a more traditional outfit featuring dark green robes, all while continuing to wear his perfectly-fitting shades. Even in this type of outfit, he wears his age in a way that demands respect, and the darker colors help frame his perfect mustache and heavy eyebrows to strike fear in anyone across the table from him.
Ichiban from Yakuza: Like A Dragon is the perfect blend of both Shun and Kazuma, with both a red blazer and sharp-collared white shirt that make him stand out more. This color is far brighter than most other reds in the outfits of the series and manages to help the chain around his neck seem like an organic accessory, instead of just filling in space on his chest.
While not necessarily a piece of clothing, his electrifying hairstyle is worth a separate mention just for how eccentric it is compared to the slick cuts of most of the other characters. It makes for the most recognizable silhouette of any Yakuza characterand makes it easy to believe hes a personable fellow.
Tianyou is where the outfits of the Yakuza series go from being simple and classy to outright glamorous. This fellow character from Yakuza: Like A Dragon is stepping far away from the blazers by wearing a black leather jacket with golden zippers and studs, and while it doesnt contribute to a silhouette, the jacket style makes him extremely recognizable from a distance.
This isnt even mentioning his other clothing choices, which include a black and shining gold casual button-up and a crescent necklace that fillsout more of his upper torso than any of the muscular heroes of the Yakuza games. His wardrobe is a great addition to the series, being a dark scheme thats surprisingly loud and iconic.
The last formal character worth a mention is Daisuke, another older gentleman who comes across far younger than he actually is. This is partly due to his spectacular white shirt and light grey blazer, helping him seem innocent despite being an expert in hand-to-hand combat and menacing patriarch of the Kenno clan.
RELATED: 10 Things To Do After You Beat Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Unlike any of the other characters mentioned earlier, Daisuke also has some powerful red tattoos across his chest and upper arms. You cant see them in full until hes shirtless, but they peek out just enough from his open white dress shirt enough to give him a more unique trait than any other formal character.
Hana may be one of the more underrated characters of the series, but this secretarys outfit is undoubtedly way stronger than some women who share her position. Her formal plaid skirt and vest are a great pattern, and stick out greatly from the plain colors and thin stripes that most of the men typically wear.
Hana knows just as well how to properly accessorize too, with a beautiful pink ribbon to give her outfit some color and a round pair of glasses that fits her gentle expression. Her outfit is a great combination of both professionalism and personal style, and while its not as comfortable as Saoris outfit is, its the perfect work outfit for a woman like Hana with moral strength and high aspirations.
No other character in the Yakuza series comes close to Goro Majima in terms of style, as he ditches all the formal class of the series in exchange for an intimidating and comical series of clothing options to match his eccentric nature. Alongside the great accessories of an eye patch and several chains, Goro shows off his tattoos far easier than Daisuke by having no dress shirt beneath his yellow snakeskin jacket.
This helps Goro look less like a traditional mobster, and more like a 70s superhero villain. Those who havent played a Yakuza game might be skeptical towards that kind of character, but the Yakuza series is full of silliness, and Goro's goofy outfit and personality help show players just how ludicrous these games and their characters can often be.
Next: 10 Crazy Facts You Didn't Know About The Main Characters In Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Next 10 Popular Gaming Franchises That Should Go Open-World
Gene Cole is a Canadian freelance writer with a B.A. in psychology and criminology. He works hard to keep an open mind towards a huge variety of games, and loves learning about how different people make and play them. In his free time he loves wandering aimlessly in Slime Rancher, fiddling with competitive games like Poker and Magic: The Gathering, and (amateurishly) attempting to speedrun Super Mario Odyssey.
Read this article:
- Guest Opinion | Reflections on the course Women Unknown: Fight for Independence - UI The Daily Iowan - April 5th, 2021
- I got an inspirational quote tattoo in tribute to my dad & was mortified when I twigged the VERY sexual... - The Sun - April 5th, 2021
- 50 Tattoos for Men - Top Designs for Men - March 9th, 2021
- A Guide to All of Drake's 35 Tattoos and Their Meanings - menshealth.com - March 9th, 2021
- 57 Best Bird Tattoos For Men: Cool Design Ideas (2021 Guide) - March 9th, 2021
- Season of tattoos and cross-dressing? - The Nation Newspaper - March 9th, 2021
- Kiwi Nazi bashed and robbed roommate over swastika T-shirt - New Zealand Herald - March 9th, 2021
- Nazi enthusiast bashed and robbed roommate in shocking home altercation because of missing T-shirt - PerthNow - March 9th, 2021
- Deputies arrest driver in pursuit of assault suspects; three sought - 10News - March 9th, 2021
- From tragedy to glory, Ohio State's Kyle Young persevered on tough path - Buckeye Extra - March 9th, 2021
- Op-Ed: Libyan Women; The Guardians of Tradition | - Libya Herald - March 9th, 2021
- Europe Has Banned 2 Widely Used Tattoo Pigments - Men's Health - February 20th, 2021
- Post Malone Tattoos - Every Post Malone Tattoo Meaning Explained - menshealth.com - February 20th, 2021
- 3 Men Shared the Stories Behind the Epic Tattoos They Got to Cover Their Scars - menshealth.com - February 20th, 2021
- 'Ink Master' Shared Some of the Most Painful Tattoos Ever Filmed - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 20th, 2021
- Man on the run from prison has Blackburn links - Lancashire Telegraph - February 20th, 2021
- Here's why it's so difficult for the military to weed out extremists - Task & Purpose - February 20th, 2021
- Mady Gosselin, 20, claims she cried in the shower after crush Harry Styles covered up his tattoos for new fi - The Sun - February 20th, 2021
- On Religion: Do we need the Old Testament? - VVdailypress.com - February 20th, 2021
- Its a nightmare, says San Antonio blood bank officials as bad weather cuts donations short - San Antonio Express-News - February 20th, 2021
- Come With Us on a Journey to Explore the Post Malone Tattoo Cosmos - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 15th, 2021
- Watch This Woman React to Seeing Her Boyfriend Without His Tattoos for the First Time - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 15th, 2021
- UPDATE: Deputies arrest fugitive in Bingham County - East Idaho News - February 15th, 2021
- The Bachelorette NZ: Covid regulations are out the window but kisses are in - Stuff.co.nz - February 15th, 2021
- Wickford cabbie strangled by robbers, who police find within hours - Echo - February 13th, 2021
- CrimeStoppers says face masks are making it harder to identify wanted criminals - KHON2 - February 13th, 2021
- Sistahs on The Frontlines: Asantewaa Boykin The Sacramento Observer - Sacramento Observer - February 13th, 2021
- Men appear in court on firearm charges relating to tavern incident - Stuff.co.nz - February 13th, 2021
- Men jailed after attack on taxi driver in Wickford - Yellow Advertiser - February 10th, 2021
- Bureaucratizing to Fight Extremism in the Military - War on the Rocks - February 10th, 2021
- From the '50s until now, women still bear the brunt of unpaid household labour - The Calgary Journal - February 10th, 2021
- WandaVision Director Matt Shakman Talks Classic TV, Working In The MCU, And More - Exclusive Interview - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Tattoos They Love Doing the Most - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 8th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Tattoos They're Sick of Seeing - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 6th, 2021
- How Maya Darwiche built her own beauty business and lead it to success - Business News Ledger - February 6th, 2021
- WWE news: The Rock's incredible 30-year body transformation - GIVEMESPORT - February 6th, 2021
- Man Robbed Restaurant That Refused To Serve Him For Not Wearing A Mask | KFI AM 640 - KFI AM 640 - February 6th, 2021
- 90 Day Fianc: Rebecca's Husband Zied Before & After Weight Loss Transformation - Screen Rant - February 6th, 2021
- Amber Heard Reacts To Marilyn Manson Allegations, Connects Them To Johnny Depp - PerezHilton.com - February 6th, 2021
- Hall of boyfriends: All the men Jeffree Star trapped into a relationship Film Daily - Film Daily - February 2nd, 2021
- Dispatches: Now Is the Perfect Time To Visit Tahiti - Men's Journal - February 2nd, 2021
- Post Malone's 'Imperial' Haircut Is The Hottest Men's Grooming Trend Right Now - DMARGE - February 2nd, 2021
- You Shall Not Pass: Fandom & The Gatekeeping of Femme Fans - Fandom Spotlite - February 2nd, 2021
- For the love of Ink - Daily Pioneer - January 31st, 2021
- Man accused of beating and shooting shopper who bumped into him - wreg.com - January 31st, 2021
- Broken Justice: How Spokane County officials threw an innocent man behind bars and allowed the real killer to go free - Pacific Northwest Inlander - January 30th, 2021
- Is Alev Aydin Halsey's Baby Daddy? What You Need To Know About The Writer-Producer - OK! - January 30th, 2021
- A Home Heating Crisis. A Devastating Forest Fire Waiting to Happen. One Innovative Solution. - Slate - January 30th, 2021
- Can You Wear Floral on Your Buzz Cut? - The New York Times - January 27th, 2021
- Shortly after I began converting to Judaism, I found myself in a hot tub full of neo-Nazis - Jewish Telegraphic Agency - January 25th, 2021
- Far-right Proud Boys who idolise Donald Trump are operating in Scotland - Daily Record - January 25th, 2021
- Jake Ryan reveals how he prepared to play a gang leader in New Zealand film Savage - Nine - January 25th, 2021
- Kevin Owens Gives Roman Reigns A Personal Reason About Why He Won't Stop Fighting - Wrestling Inc. - January 25th, 2021
- 2 people from Western Pennsylvania charged in connection with Capitol riot - WTAE Pittsburgh - January 25th, 2021
- 'The right thing to do': Worcester County Jail and House of Correction staff, inmates grateful to receive COVID-19 vaccine - Worcester Telegram - January 25th, 2021
- Gangs? Cliques? Subgroups? Call Them What You Will There've Been 18 (Yes, 18) In The LA Sheriff's Department - LAist - January 22nd, 2021
- The moment MLKs daughter and a former neo-Nazi formed an unlikely friendship - Face2Face Africa - January 22nd, 2021
- UK lotto winner shares photo of her bizarre bum tattoos on Instagram - NEWS.com.au - January 22nd, 2021
- Williams: We can agree to disagree, but let's do it with civility - The Winchester Star - January 22nd, 2021
- Madhya Pradesh: View the aesthetic side of Dewar, Rabari nomads, which Bhopal museum has showcased for you - Free Press Journal - January 22nd, 2021
- 'This Is Awesome!': Another Proud Boys Leader Arrested for Storming U.S. Capitol - The Daily Beast - January 22nd, 2021
- Texas bikers say cops have unfairly labeled them as gang members - Houston Chronicle - January 22nd, 2021
- Looking for business in the front and a party in the back? Ashley Medina is Lansing's mullet maestro - WSYM-TV - January 20th, 2021
- US Capitol riots: The coded tattoos and flags, and the far-right stories they tell - Stuff.co.nz - January 20th, 2021
- Diplo Strips Down To Surf, Shows Off His Amazing Bod And Tats - OK! - January 20th, 2021
- After the Capitol riot, one Florida man became 'Podium Guy': Another man turned him in - USA TODAY - January 20th, 2021
- How four lads on a night out became a viral meme these men from Birmingham are internet famous! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - January 20th, 2021
- The Aroma of Progress at the Court of Master Sommeliers - Vinography - January 20th, 2021
- Blood donor study could help lift restrictions for gay and bisexual men - PhillyVoice.com - January 3rd, 2021
- Ariana Grande Relationship Timeline : Pete Davidson to Dalton Gomez, Dating History. Read all about it here! - Stanford Arts Review - January 3rd, 2021
- "Why I stopped drinking alcohol at the age of 26" - cosmopolitan.com - January 3rd, 2021
- Andrew Tracey - Men's health UK - January 3rd, 2021
- Police agencies seeking public's help after pair of thieves hits four jewelry stores - The San Diego Union-Tribune - January 3rd, 2021
- The life and death of Billy Baggett: Part I - Street Roots News - December 28th, 2020
- FDA considers lifting restrictions on blood donations by gay and bi men - WPSD Local 6 - December 28th, 2020
- Taiwan in Time: The first Truku convert - - December 27th, 2020
- My Messed-Up Family Drove Me to the Other Side of the World for Christmas - The Daily Beast - December 25th, 2020
- What if the biggest games of 2020 had Christmas spin-offs? - PCGamesN - December 25th, 2020
- Peaky Blinders filming is returning - and they need extras from the North - Times & Star - December 19th, 2020
- All of us here have killed someone The New Mutants - tor.com - December 19th, 2020