The Yakuza series is a collection of games with nearly anything you can imagine. Whether youre a fan of beat-em-ups, rhythm games, dating sims, open-world collectathons, or anything in-between, youre bound to find something especially fun to do while exploring the city and its complex criminal underworld.
RELATED: 10 Games To Play If You Love Yakuza 0
If you also just want to look at some stylish characters, though, Yakuza is undoubtedly an all-star winner too, as many of the characters dress with a unique and classy flair that makes nearly everyone look charming and distinctive. Among the countless main and recurring characters of the series, there are ten in particular that are hard to top in style.
While hardly the most spectacular-looking member of the Yakuza cast, the recurring protagonist Kazuma Kiryu is hard to miss thanks to his prominent and bright looks. His wardrobe is highlighted by a white jacket and red dress shirt, both of which are bright enough to make him stand out beautifully from a crowd.
Even more spiffy of him are his collars, both of whichare as sharp as a knife. They frame his chiseled face perfectly, and the harsh angles make him just as intimidating to the random mobs he can beat down as he is charming in social engagements.
While he might blend in more with his darker color scheme, it suits the slightly more serious edge that he has over Kazuma. In many ways, his black dress shirt and red blazer feel like an inversion of Kazumas brighter style but make for a much more threatening force in general.
RELATED: The 5 Best Things About Yakuza Remastered (& The 5 Worst)
Shun also does far more with his open shirt, featuring a gorgeous golden necklace among his wider open buttons. Kiryus main accessory is a heavy watch, but having something near his face gives Shun much more to look at when youre having conversations than just an empty void of pectoral muscles.
When standing among his fellow open-collar shirt peers, Ryuji Goda stands out by having way more layers over his bare chest than anyone else in the series. He does love to shed his tops here and there, but his primary outfit involves a fur-seamed jacket, a formal bright blazer, and a dark shirt underneath.
These layers are surely comfortable, but add a level of thickness that he doesnt even need thanks to his impressive frame. This is a character who knows his strength and body but doesnt need to advertise it as his only feature, as hes far more than just a pile of muscles.
Many of the men in the Yakuza series are the major highlights of fashion, but the women in Yakuza can often have even stronger and more unique looks thanks to a wide variety of outfits depending on the situation. Saori, however, manages to stick out by having what might be the most comfortable semi-formal outfit in the game.
Her knit sweater and top are hardly on the level of a formal blazer and dress suit, but suit her exceptionally well and fit her form in a way that makes them appear more professional than they might seem independently. There are tons of additional outfits and dresses in the game for her, but this default casual wardrobe makes for one of the best casual looks in the entire series.
Sohei has two looks that appear throughout the series, and both help him show the status he has as the leader of the Dojima family. One is a fairly standard black and grey striped suit, and while its quite dark and plain, its highlighted by a blood-red tie and thick shades that make him look like a true and traditional mobster.
RELATED: The 10 Best Side Quests In Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Ranked
Even better, though, is a more traditional outfit featuring dark green robes, all while continuing to wear his perfectly-fitting shades. Even in this type of outfit, he wears his age in a way that demands respect, and the darker colors help frame his perfect mustache and heavy eyebrows to strike fear in anyone across the table from him.
Ichiban from Yakuza: Like A Dragon is the perfect blend of both Shun and Kazuma, with both a red blazer and sharp-collared white shirt that make him stand out more. This color is far brighter than most other reds in the outfits of the series and manages to help the chain around his neck seem like an organic accessory, instead of just filling in space on his chest.
While not necessarily a piece of clothing, his electrifying hairstyle is worth a separate mention just for how eccentric it is compared to the slick cuts of most of the other characters. It makes for the most recognizable silhouette of any Yakuza characterand makes it easy to believe hes a personable fellow.
Tianyou is where the outfits of the Yakuza series go from being simple and classy to outright glamorous. This fellow character from Yakuza: Like A Dragon is stepping far away from the blazers by wearing a black leather jacket with golden zippers and studs, and while it doesnt contribute to a silhouette, the jacket style makes him extremely recognizable from a distance.
This isnt even mentioning his other clothing choices, which include a black and shining gold casual button-up and a crescent necklace that fillsout more of his upper torso than any of the muscular heroes of the Yakuza games. His wardrobe is a great addition to the series, being a dark scheme thats surprisingly loud and iconic.
The last formal character worth a mention is Daisuke, another older gentleman who comes across far younger than he actually is. This is partly due to his spectacular white shirt and light grey blazer, helping him seem innocent despite being an expert in hand-to-hand combat and menacing patriarch of the Kenno clan.
RELATED: 10 Things To Do After You Beat Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Unlike any of the other characters mentioned earlier, Daisuke also has some powerful red tattoos across his chest and upper arms. You cant see them in full until hes shirtless, but they peek out just enough from his open white dress shirt enough to give him a more unique trait than any other formal character.
Hana may be one of the more underrated characters of the series, but this secretarys outfit is undoubtedly way stronger than some women who share her position. Her formal plaid skirt and vest are a great pattern, and stick out greatly from the plain colors and thin stripes that most of the men typically wear.
Hana knows just as well how to properly accessorize too, with a beautiful pink ribbon to give her outfit some color and a round pair of glasses that fits her gentle expression. Her outfit is a great combination of both professionalism and personal style, and while its not as comfortable as Saoris outfit is, its the perfect work outfit for a woman like Hana with moral strength and high aspirations.
No other character in the Yakuza series comes close to Goro Majima in terms of style, as he ditches all the formal class of the series in exchange for an intimidating and comical series of clothing options to match his eccentric nature. Alongside the great accessories of an eye patch and several chains, Goro shows off his tattoos far easier than Daisuke by having no dress shirt beneath his yellow snakeskin jacket.
This helps Goro look less like a traditional mobster, and more like a 70s superhero villain. Those who havent played a Yakuza game might be skeptical towards that kind of character, but the Yakuza series is full of silliness, and Goro's goofy outfit and personality help show players just how ludicrous these games and their characters can often be.
Next: 10 Crazy Facts You Didn't Know About The Main Characters In Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Next 10 Popular Gaming Franchises That Should Go Open-World
Gene Cole is a Canadian freelance writer with a B.A. in psychology and criminology. He works hard to keep an open mind towards a huge variety of games, and loves learning about how different people make and play them. In his free time he loves wandering aimlessly in Slime Rancher, fiddling with competitive games like Poker and Magic: The Gathering, and (amateurishly) attempting to speedrun Super Mario Odyssey.
Read this article:
The 10 Best Dressed Characters In Yakuza, Ranked - TheGamer
- People magazine got it wrong with Paul Rudd. Pete Davidson is the Sexiest Man Alive - Toronto Star - November 13th, 2021
- Berber tattoos on the decline in Morocco - Africanews English - November 2nd, 2021
- Movember to kick-off 15th year of supporting men's mental health and wellbeing in Canada - AM800 (iHeartRadio) - November 2nd, 2021
- What its really like to be a Hooters Girl: Men think they can treat you a certain way - The Independent - November 2nd, 2021
- A detailed look at the dating history of Pete Davidson - The Tab - November 2nd, 2021
- Summer days at the beach, in Israel and Gaza - Ynetnews - November 2nd, 2021
- Why Are NFL Players So Obsessed With The Dark Knight? - The Ringer - November 2nd, 2021
- Torn jeans, tattoos and parental taboos J. - The Jewish News of Northern California - October 9th, 2021
- 2 Men Killed In I-80 Hit-And-Run In North Highlands; Search Still On For Driver - CBS Sacramento - October 9th, 2021
- Lower-Back Tattoos Are Back - The Cut - October 9th, 2021
- 8 Best Places To Get A Tattoo for Both Men and Women - TheTealMango - October 9th, 2021
- Say Aye Aye for the Bay With Oakland Rapper Capolow - KQED - October 9th, 2021
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Explains the Evolution of His Iconic Brahma Bull Tattoo - EssentiallySports - October 9th, 2021
- CHP searching for hit-and-run driver after 2 men killed in I-80 crash - KTXL FOX 40 Sacramento - October 9th, 2021
- China is cracking down on 'effeminate' men, private tutors and gaming. Here's what that tells us about Xi Jinping's vision - ABC News - September 5th, 2021
- Menopause isnt just something experienced by women its lived by men, too... - The US Sun - September 5th, 2021
- 21 Creative Leo Tattoo Ideas That Have Big Fire-Sign Energy - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 10th, 2021
- Tattoos and the Olympics - Reporter-Times - August 10th, 2021
- FBoy Island Contestant Divij Vaswani on How to Spot an FBoy and His Hopes of Being the First Indian Bachelor - Yahoo Entertainment - August 10th, 2021
- Meghan releases 40th birthday video with Melissa McCarthy - discussing tattoos, a Suits reunion and tree photo shoots - Sky News - August 10th, 2021
- 300+ Inspirational Tattoo Quotes For Men (2021) Short ... - July 26th, 2021
- Caeleb Dressel on the precipice of becoming the next Michael Phelps - Los Angeles Times - July 26th, 2021
- Hairline Tattooing and What You Need to Know - menshealth.com - July 26th, 2021
- Police find man dead in Savannah. But who is he? They need your help to find out - WJCL News - July 26th, 2021
- Manchester United's Mason Greenwood explains the thinking behind his tattoos - Manchester Evening News - July 26th, 2021
- Love Islands Abigail will have head turned in Casa Amor claims best friend as he reveals she likes OLDER... - The Sun - July 26th, 2021
- Love Is Blind: Meet 5 Kenyan Men Who Have Dated Socialite Amber Ray Kenya News - Tuko.co.ke - July 26th, 2021
- The Nottinghamshire working men's club that has been going strong for nearly 100 years - Nottinghamshire Live - July 26th, 2021
- The names and mugshots of Lancashire's FIVE most wanted men - Lancashire Telegraph - July 26th, 2021
- Viral Therapist Shows Men's 'Audacity' on Dating Apps, Including Requests to be Submissive - Newsweek - June 30th, 2021
- This BBQ Pitmaster Is Competing on Food NetworkWith a Three Percenter Tattoo - Daily Beast - June 30th, 2021
- Why Harley Quinn's Face Tattoo Is Missing In The Suicide Squad - TVOvermind - June 30th, 2021
- Men who come to this BGC salon want their brows shaped and still look 'brusko' - ANCX - June 30th, 2021
- The Tattoo Industry Is Changing and Queer-Owned Spaces Are Leading the Charge - POPSUGAR - June 30th, 2021
- Love Island fans convinced Chloe will choose Jake - as teaser clip suggests major shakeup in the villa - Bristol Live - June 30th, 2021
- The full list of all the new shows and movies coming to Netflix in July - JOE.ie - June 30th, 2021
- Kennedy Teams Up With AFL Legend Dustin Martin On Exclusive Watch Collection - DMARGE - June 13th, 2021
- Euro 2020: Gab Marcotti's players to know, cult heroes on all 24 teams - ESPN - June 13th, 2021
- 3 Things to Think About Before You Get Your First Tattoo - menshealth.com - May 8th, 2021
- Tom Dunne's Music & Me: The axe-men cometh, and they've got loads of effects pedals - Irish Examiner - May 8th, 2021
- 'Tattoos look like skin disease': The prejudice people still face and the artists fighting it - Wales Online - May 8th, 2021
- Two shoppers may have witnessed moment man, 23, was stabbed to death - Liverpool Echo - May 8th, 2021
- Wrath of Ritchie - Splice Today - May 8th, 2021
- My Teen Is About to Fall Down the Male-Power Incel Rabbit Hole - Slate - May 8th, 2021
- Scar Stories: The Toll of Colon Cancer - GQ Magazine - April 23rd, 2021
- Guest Opinion | Reflections on the course Women Unknown: Fight for Independence - UI The Daily Iowan - April 5th, 2021
- I got an inspirational quote tattoo in tribute to my dad & was mortified when I twigged the VERY sexual... - The Sun - April 5th, 2021
- 50 Tattoos for Men - Top Designs for Men - March 9th, 2021
- A Guide to All of Drake's 35 Tattoos and Their Meanings - menshealth.com - March 9th, 2021
- 57 Best Bird Tattoos For Men: Cool Design Ideas (2021 Guide) - March 9th, 2021
- Season of tattoos and cross-dressing? - The Nation Newspaper - March 9th, 2021
- Kiwi Nazi bashed and robbed roommate over swastika T-shirt - New Zealand Herald - March 9th, 2021
- Nazi enthusiast bashed and robbed roommate in shocking home altercation because of missing T-shirt - PerthNow - March 9th, 2021
- Deputies arrest driver in pursuit of assault suspects; three sought - 10News - March 9th, 2021
- From tragedy to glory, Ohio State's Kyle Young persevered on tough path - Buckeye Extra - March 9th, 2021
- Op-Ed: Libyan Women; The Guardians of Tradition | - Libya Herald - March 9th, 2021
- Europe Has Banned 2 Widely Used Tattoo Pigments - Men's Health - February 20th, 2021
- Post Malone Tattoos - Every Post Malone Tattoo Meaning Explained - menshealth.com - February 20th, 2021
- 3 Men Shared the Stories Behind the Epic Tattoos They Got to Cover Their Scars - menshealth.com - February 20th, 2021
- 'Ink Master' Shared Some of the Most Painful Tattoos Ever Filmed - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 20th, 2021
- Man on the run from prison has Blackburn links - Lancashire Telegraph - February 20th, 2021
- Here's why it's so difficult for the military to weed out extremists - Task & Purpose - February 20th, 2021
- Mady Gosselin, 20, claims she cried in the shower after crush Harry Styles covered up his tattoos for new fi - The Sun - February 20th, 2021
- On Religion: Do we need the Old Testament? - VVdailypress.com - February 20th, 2021
- Its a nightmare, says San Antonio blood bank officials as bad weather cuts donations short - San Antonio Express-News - February 20th, 2021
- Come With Us on a Journey to Explore the Post Malone Tattoo Cosmos - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 15th, 2021
- Watch This Woman React to Seeing Her Boyfriend Without His Tattoos for the First Time - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 15th, 2021
- UPDATE: Deputies arrest fugitive in Bingham County - East Idaho News - February 15th, 2021
- The Bachelorette NZ: Covid regulations are out the window but kisses are in - Stuff.co.nz - February 15th, 2021
- Wickford cabbie strangled by robbers, who police find within hours - Echo - February 13th, 2021
- CrimeStoppers says face masks are making it harder to identify wanted criminals - KHON2 - February 13th, 2021
- Sistahs on The Frontlines: Asantewaa Boykin The Sacramento Observer - Sacramento Observer - February 13th, 2021
- Men appear in court on firearm charges relating to tavern incident - Stuff.co.nz - February 13th, 2021
- Men jailed after attack on taxi driver in Wickford - Yellow Advertiser - February 10th, 2021
- Bureaucratizing to Fight Extremism in the Military - War on the Rocks - February 10th, 2021
- From the '50s until now, women still bear the brunt of unpaid household labour - The Calgary Journal - February 10th, 2021
- WandaVision Director Matt Shakman Talks Classic TV, Working In The MCU, And More - Exclusive Interview - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Tattoos They Love Doing the Most - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 8th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Tattoos They're Sick of Seeing - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 6th, 2021
- How Maya Darwiche built her own beauty business and lead it to success - Business News Ledger - February 6th, 2021