Is there any positive news in this era that was accompanied by the outbreak of a pandemic? Here are some news and texts that, as human beings, fill us with pride. Because, they allow us to move forward, breaking down the walls of intolerance and racism, lighting the way and bringing hope, solidarity and cooperation.
Peace and Disarmament
Humanity can rejoice: nuclear weapons will be banned
With the signing of Honduras on October 24, 2020, 50 countries ratified the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, an essential condition for its entry into force. Read the full article here.
Israel: Jews and Arabs together for peace in Tel Aviv
About 1,000 people, Jews and Arabs, marched together on February 1 to protest with the following text: The Trump-Netanyahu deal is a threat to the future of both nations. It is a one-sided deal that will not bring peace, justice or conflict resolution, but will further spread violence. Read the full article here.
About 1,000 people demonstrated in Tel Aviv against the Deal of the Century.
Germany: The Stuttgart Peace Prize goes to Julian Assange
Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks imprisoned in London for a year, received the Stuttgart Peace Prize 2020. The prize is awarded by Die Anstifter and seeks to promote the right to unconditional freedom of information and of the press. Read the full article here.
Video: Chile woke up
Millions of people in Chile were on the streets every day from October 18, 2019, until the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, asserting their lost dignity following the implementation of capitalist and conservative policies for more than 30 years.
Philippines: student movement and people against the anti-terrorism law
Given the general definition of what could be considered a terrorist and therefore arrested on this charge in the proposed bill, it has been widely criticized by groups, citizens and the student movement. It is therefore not surprising that protesters have taken to the streets to protest outrage, despite the continued quarantine over the pandemic. Read the full article here.
What Floyd Means on Roosevelt Avenue, Queens, NY, USA
Floyds name is reminiscent of the painful words I cant breathe. Those words were repeated by George Floyd and are now on posters as a political slogan. But we are also looking for a different meaning of Floyd. Many see it as an opportunity to create a common element among all races in the struggle for justice. Read the full article here.
I cant breathe, protests in the United States
Adama Traor echoing Georges Floyd: thousands of demonstrators in the streets of France
People no longer want this police violence, or these terrible injustices, racial discrimination. They will not let it happen anymore. Neither here nor elsewhere.
In France, despite the ban pronounced by the Paris police prefect, thousands of demonstrators gathered in front of the court on Tuesday evening, June 2, 2020, responding to the appeal of the Adama Traor family support committee, a 24-year-old black man who died in 2016 after his arrest. Read the full article here.
Actions for the pandemic
Open source 3D prints save lives in Italy
In Italy, which has acted too slowly to limit exposure, this has already happened: hospitals in the north of the country have exceeded their capacity and the equipment is insufficient. This resulted in a very large number of deaths. But when an Italian hospital ran out of valves for respirators, local manufacturers began replacing them with 3D printing. Read the full article here.
Respiratory valves made with 3D prints
Canada, 3D models to meet the needs of mass production of masks
Different scientists around the world are involved in the battle to meet the need for consumables, especially masks and stethoscopes. Their weapon is 3D printing, which apparently can help in many areas. Read the full article here.
Appeal: Nobel Peace Prize for Cuban Doctors
From the start and in more than twenty countries, Cuba sent contingents of its International Medical Brigades Henry Reeve, offering free medical assistance in solidarity, without asking for any political exchange concerning the harsh embargo that the island has since suffered from for years. In some cases, such as in Italy, it was local governments that requested help from the Cuban medical brigades, which quickly arrived with doctors, medical staff, equipment and supplies. Read the full article here.
MAKERS. Revolution in post-COVID-19 production
By joining the MAKERS initiative, the Municipality of Barcelona has made available to the community the potential of Ateneos de Fabricacin Digital to produce, through the technique of 3D printing, some of the personal protective equipment and materials most requested by the medical community and by the sectors most exposed to infection by the Covid-19 virus. Read the full article here.
In Sudan, female genital mutilation will be banned
On April 30, the transitional government of Sudan announced a new article in the penal code prohibiting female genital mutilation. According to local human rights organizations, well over half of girls are still subjected to this barbaric practice. According to Unicef, nine in ten women aged 15 to 49 have had infibulation. Read the full article here.
Marriage for all in Switzerland and access to sperm donation for lesbian couples
In Switzerland, same-sex couples should also be allowed to marry in the future. It was the Grand Chamber of Parliament that decided so. The National Council has also spoken out in favor of the authorization of sperm donation for lesbian couples. However, the bill still has to overcome other obstacles. Read the full article here.
Europe: Aspen cuts prices for cancer drugs
The European Consumers Union (BEUC) hails the European Commission for pushing pharmaceutical company Aspen to reduce the price of six cancer drugs by 73% on average in Europe over the next 10 years. Read the full article here.
Thailand: more than 700 Cambodian families will be able to sue a sugar factory
On July 31, the Civil Court in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, granted more than 700 Cambodian families the right to join a class action, a class-action lawsuit, against Mitr Phol, the worlds largest sugar producer from Thailand, whose activities in Cambodia led to the forced eviction of families in 2008 and 2009. Read the full article here.
Some of the Cambodian families participating in the collective action in Thailand.
Massive support for Las Tesis
The feminist group who created the performance A rapist on your way known as the Las Tesis group, was denounced by the Carabinieri de Chile for having tried to create an intentional animosity towards this institution. This is after the group created and circulated throughout May a video of them demonstrating peacefully outside a police station, dressed in red overalls, masks and a black Chilean flag. Faced with this, support from around the world, mainly through social media, quickly turned into an avalanche. Read the full article here.
Australia, Victoria State Parliament says no to conversion therapy
On December 10, World Human Rights Day, the Lower House in the Australian state of Victoria banned conversion therapy. This is cruel and degrading pseudo-scientific treatment, still in effect in many states, which aims to change a persons sexual orientation from homosexuality or bisexuality to heterosexuality, also through electroshock. Read the full article here.
Edward Snowden received a permanent residence permit in Russia
Snowdens lawyer Anatoly Kucherena today announced the Russian governments decision to grant him an indefinite residence permit. Russia had granted Snowden a residence permit since 2013, which expired in 2020. Read the full article here.
New Zealand Prime Minister appoints Maori woman as Chancellor
In November, New Zealand Prime Minister Yassinda Artnern elected Nanaa Mahuta, a Maori woman who four years ago was the first woman in the country to wear the traditional moko kauae tattoo made by the natives of the ethnic group. Read the full articlehere.
From left to right: Nanaia Mahuta and Jacinda Ardern.
Germany: Women in the Shadow, a monument to Asian relief women.
There are often celebrations of the horrors of WWII. The focus is almost always on Europe, but we forget that war was also raging in Asia. In October 2020, a monument was unveiled to commemorate a very specific aspect of the war in Asia and the Pacific: the relief women. Read the full article here.
View of the monument in Germany.
Germany: Parliament examines the special request for basic income
The petition, supported by various Basic Income groups in Germany and signed by more than 176,000 people, was debated by the German Parliaments Petitions Committee (Bundestag) in October. Read the full article here.
Glasgow City Council calls for funding to experiment with Universal Basic Income
In late October, Glasgow City Council voted in favor of a proposal to ask the governments of the UK and Scotland to fund a Universal Basic Income (UBI) pilot project. Read the full article here.
Interviews Opinion texts
Noam Chomsky: We will overcome the coronavirus crisis, but we have more serious crises ahead of us
Chomsky stressed that the coronavirus health crisis is very serious and will have serious consequences. But that it will be temporary, while there are two other more serious horrors for humanity: nuclear war and global warming. Read the full article here.
World: Positive news in the difficult year of the pandemic - PRESSENZA International News Agency
- Tattoo Accessories Market: Analysis and Tattoo Accessories Market 2021| Selection Guide and Growth of Industry by-Cheyenne, Sabre Tattoo Supplies,... - November 13th, 2021
- Wholesale Jewelry, Tattoo & Piercing Supplies - November 13th, 2021
- Long before donating his body to science, WWII vet lived in service to others: 'a true patriot' - The Advocate - November 13th, 2021
- New Kensington businesses look to bright future as year's last 'Fridays on Fifth' approaches - TribLIVE - October 20th, 2021
- OPERATION GAME THIEF PROTECTS PENNSYLVANIA WILDLIFE - Governor Tom Wolf - October 9th, 2021
- Massive Growth of Tattoo Needle and Disposable Tattoo Cartridges Market by 2027 | Barber DTS (UK), Cloud Dragon (CN), SUNSKIN (IT) - The Market... - August 24th, 2021
- In a Nutshell | Piecing together the back-to-school puzzle - St. Augustine Record - August 10th, 2021
- 14 of the biggest unanswered questions from popular movies - Insider - August 10th, 2021
- Influences and Essentials: DAN LORENZO In His Own Words - OUTBURN ONLINE - Outburn - July 26th, 2021
- Fentanyl Is Wreaking Havoc in Tijuana. Is the Rest of Mexico Next? - VICE - July 26th, 2021
- Home page - American Body Art - Tattoo Supplies Online ... - July 10th, 2021
- Rat City Tat2: "On to the Next Shop" - Westside Seattle - July 10th, 2021
- A Veteran's Journey From Army to Storming the Capitol | Time - TIME - TIME - July 10th, 2021
- The MacIver Weekly Disease Brief: COVID-19 In Wisconsin - MacIverInstitute - July 10th, 2021
- Tattoo Needle Market 2021: Global Trends, Business Overview, Challenges, Opportunities Analysis and Forecast to 2027 The Manomet Current - The... - June 30th, 2021
- Camp LighterHow New, Compact Gear Makes It Easier Than Ever to Get Outdoors - The Wall Street Journal - June 30th, 2021
- Tattoo Needle Market 2021 Global Industry Size, Demand, Growth Analysis, Share, Revenue and Forecast 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 30th, 2021
- I'm Sorry To Say That Bonkers Tweet About The Big Rig Driver Who Looks Like Amy Schumer Is A Joke - Jalopnik - June 13th, 2021
- Would the Real Toeflop Please Stand Up? - Texas Monthly - June 1st, 2021
- List of businesses that can operate in containment zones released - Fijivillage - May 20th, 2021
- 5 Best Tattoo Artists in Houston - Kev's Best - February 20th, 2021
- Vintage Tattoo owner strives to keep artistry and inclusivity alive - The Reflector online - February 20th, 2021
- Blood drive on March 15th in Hicksville - The Syosset Advance - February 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Ink Market Forecast in Addition to Top key players like: Intenze Tattoo Ink, Electric Ink, Tommy's Supplies, Kuro Sumi, Millennium Colors, and... - February 20th, 2021
- Market Assessment of Tattoo Ink Industry including Top Players like Intenze Tattoo Ink, Electric Ink, Tommy's Supplies, Kuro Sumi, Millennium Colors,... - February 17th, 2021
- How River Raids work in Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Gamepur - February 17th, 2021
- Residents Encouraged To Donate Blood At Drive In Hicksville - Patch.com - February 15th, 2021
- Keep it Flowing: Combating COVID-19 Blood Shortages in Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - February 13th, 2021
- Optimistic Growth of Colored Tattoo Inks Market 2021 to High Demand NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - February 13th, 2021
- Halsey Doesn't Want To Go 'Overboard' On Pregnancy Cravings - OK! - February 10th, 2021
- Spray Covers Market Consumption Analysis, Business Overview and Upcoming Trends|Halcyon Solutions, WorldWide Tattoo Supply, Tommys Supplies, , , etc -... - February 8th, 2021
- Report Explained: How COVID-19 Has affected The Tattoo Market? | Survey on Future Scope by 2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 8th, 2021
- Last Week in The Sentinel | Local News | sentinelsource.com - The Keene Sentinel - February 6th, 2021
- Global Tattoo Market 2020 Industry Insights, Drivers, Top Trends, Global Analysis And Forecast to 2027 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - January 31st, 2021
- Then and Now: A look at Gardner's 'Main' menu - The Gardner News - January 31st, 2021
- All About Alev Aydin, Halsey's Boyfriend and Father of Her Child - ELLE.com - January 31st, 2021
- Still Red: Luna County lagging in response to COVID-19 "Red to Green" platform - The Deming Headlight - January 31st, 2021
- Global Tattoo Needles Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2026 The Courier - The Courier - January 27th, 2021
- New Mexico Department Of Health County Map Update: Los Alamos Reaches Yellow Level; Almost Every County Improving In Health Metrics And Suppressing... - January 27th, 2021
- Remington Tattoo Parlor and Gallery Claims To Be The Best Option For Those Searching Online For "Female Tattoo Artists Near Me" In San Diego... - January 20th, 2021
- Global Tattoo Aftercare Products Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR By 2027: Tattoo Goo, Hustle Butter, Ora's Amazing Herbal etc. - KSU | The... - January 20th, 2021
- Tattoo Market 2020 | In-Depth Study On The Current State Of The Industry And Key Insights Of The Business Scenario By 2027 - FLA News - January 15th, 2021
- The Middle East and Africa dermatology treatment devices market is expected to reach US$ 317.68 million in 2027 from US$ 217.01 million in 2019 -... - January 15th, 2021
- McDonald's J Balvin merch line has been canceled due to production challenges, following the wild success of the chain's Travis Scott collab - Markets... - January 12th, 2021
- Tattoo Ink Market Business Opportunities, Survey, Growth Analysis And Industry Outlook | Intenze Tattoo Ink, Electric Ink, Tommys Supplies, Kuro Sumi... - January 3rd, 2021
- 32 Counties Operating At Red Level On Department Of Health County Map Including Los Alamos County - Los Alamos Reporter - January 3rd, 2021
- Tattoo Ink Market (Europe and US) | What Recent Study Say About Top Companies - NeighborWebSJ - December 27th, 2020
- Market Size, Share and Manufacture covered Globally of Tattoo Market from 2020-2026 - The Monitor - December 27th, 2020
- Global Rotary Tattoo Machines Market 2020 Top Growing Companies Analysis and Segmentation Outlook till 2026 - The Monitor - December 19th, 2020
- Art supply drive for kids to be held Friday - KSNF/KODE - FourStatesHomepage.com - December 18th, 2020
- She was in Iraq when her son was killed. Four years later, the police have no leads. - Houston Chronicle - December 18th, 2020
- The Work Diary of Mira Mariah, Tattoo and Girl Culture Expert - The New York Times - December 10th, 2020
- Colored Tattoo Inks Market Growth Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application,Forecast (2020-2025) - The Courier - December 7th, 2020
- The girl with her own tattoos: the joy of homemade ink - The Guardian - December 7th, 2020
- Yakuza Like A Dragon: Every Playable Character You Can Have in Your Party - TheGamer - November 30th, 2020
- TATSoul - Tattoo Supplies & Furniture - November 25th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Market 2020 Trend, Segmentation and Opportunities Forecast To 2025 - re:Jerusalem - November 20th, 2020
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 6 things you don't want to miss - CNET - November 20th, 2020
- Ailed Duarte on the unique pressures and pleasures of tattooing in Cuba - Roads and Kingdoms - November 18th, 2020
- Addiction Matters: How a heroin user-turned-hero saved so many others, but not himself - WWLTV.com - November 18th, 2020
- Family Fun: Rocking joy into the world with vibrantly painted rocks - The Spokesman-Review - November 16th, 2020
- Despite pandemic, Bobby Natalini Jr. Blood Drive will continue to build supplies for Red Cross - The Times Herald - November 16th, 2020
- How Art Therapy Helped One Cancer Survivor Manage COVID-19 Lockdown - Curetoday.com - November 10th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Needle and Disposable Tattoo Cartridges Market 2020 with COVID-19 After Effects Growth Drivers, Top Key Players, Industry Segments and... - November 10th, 2020
- Governor adds new restrictions on gatherings - Government - vintontoday.com - November 10th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Needle Market 2026: Report Recent Trends and Growth Opportunities by Major Players Cloud Dragon (CN), Wujiang Shenli (CN), Magic Moon... - November 4th, 2020
- WHAT'S BEING PLANNED: McDonald's latest, tattoo parlour on the move and more - Swindon Advertiser - November 1st, 2020
- Incredible Generosity Makes Red Handed Tattoo in Shreveport the Nicest Place in Louisiana - Reader's Digest - November 1st, 2020
- Global Spray Covers Industry Statistics & Forecast to 2026 | Halcyon Solutions, WorldWide Tattoo Supply - re:Jerusalem - October 28th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Tattoo Machine Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Mithra, Worldwide Tattoo Supply,... - October 24th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Needle Market by technology, solutions, application, price, demand analysis and growth opportunities to 2026 - TechnoWeekly - October 24th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 on Tattoo Needle and Disposable Tattoo Cartridges Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study... - October 21st, 2020
- Tattoo Supplies Market Size, Production, Consumption, Export and Import, Growth Rate and Price Analysis by Types and Applications, Forecast to 2025 -... - October 14th, 2020
- Kern County could move to next tier, how industries are preparing - KERO 23ABC News - October 14th, 2020
- Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum Partners With Kingpin Tattoo Supplies For #SupportYourArtist - BevNET.com - October 10th, 2020
- Covid-19 has resurrected the woeful tech of home printers - Wired.co.uk - October 10th, 2020
- Comprehensive Analysis on Decal Paper Market based on types and application - GroundAlerts.com - October 7th, 2020
- Cuban Tattoo Art and the Challenges Ahead - Havana Times - October 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Supplies Market 2020 |Global Industry Analysis By Trends, Size, Share, Company Overview, Growth And Forecast By 2026| Latest Research Report By... - September 30th, 2020
- Women tattoo artists make mark on industry in Boulder County - Longmont Times-Call - September 30th, 2020