Season 3 of How I Met Your Mother brought comedy to the next level. The show was becoming increasingly popular, and it featured quite a lot of celebrity guest stars, such as Enrique Iglesias, Britney Spears, and James Van Der Beek.
Related: 15 Things You Never Noticed In 'How I Met Your Mother'
In season 3, the newly single Ted met Stella, a tattoo removal doctor he so passionately pursued that she agreed to marry him by the end of the season. This season introduced another budding romance: Barney fell in love with Robin.
It's Saint Patrick's Day! Barney convinced Ted into joining him on a night out, while Lily and Marshall stayed in and played board games. Robin and Marshall realized that the floor at their new place is crooked, but didn't know how to break the horrible news to Lily.
This episode is a great example that shows that Ted is not as great of a guy as he considers himself to be. He kissed a married woman, committed credit card fraud, and woke up with a black eye.
Robin's teenage romance with Simon (played by a celebrity guest star James Van Der Beek) was "the greatest week and a half of her life" and a story that was featured in one of the best episodes of season 3. Even though he had nothing going for him, Robin found herself falling in love with Simon again.
By the end of the episode, he broke her heart yet again. Robin showed Barney the video of "Sandcastles in the Sand" and then, the two hooked up for the very first time. Exciting stuff!
Season 3 kicked off with the legend-wait for it-dary catchphrase. Robin came back from Argentina, a trip she took after she broke up with Ted in season 2 finale. She also brought back Gael, a charismatic windsurfer who won everybody over, making Ted feel increasingly frustrated. In each break up, there is a winner and a loser, and it was clear who was winning this time.
Ted had a crazy night out and ended up with a "tramp stamp"; a butterfly tattoo on his lower back. Little did he know how his world was about to change because of his newest ink.
The platinum rule states that you shouldn't sleep with someone you will see on a regular basis. It came up because Ted wanted to ask his tattoo removal doctor out. Stella went on to become one of Ted's most important girlfriends.
Barney went on to explain there are eight stages such relationships go through, backing up his theory with an example from Marshall and Lily's, Robin's, and his own life.
Do miracles exist or not? Marshall believes they do, but Robin doesn't. But why did they debate the existence of miracles in the first place? Well, Ted ended up in a hospital because of a car crash. The experience made him rethink his relationship with Stella, and the two get engaged by the end of the episode.
It wasn't just Ted who was hurt in this episode, though. Barney got hit by a bus. He, too, realized what's important in life: his love for Robin.
After a stranger advised Lily to stay away from Barney at a bar, Barney wanted to find out who the culprit was. In order to do so, he had to take a trip down the memory lane and list all the women he has slept with.
He didn't find out who was behind the sabotage in this episode, but he did show some signs of redemption.
"Ten Sessions" featured textbook Mosby behavior: he wanted to win over Stella and he was relentless in his pursuit. Robin suggested he should instead focus on Stella's receptionist Abby (played by Britney Spears). Ted went for it, hoping that this manipulative scheme would spark Stella's interest.
Since he wouldn't take no for an answer, Ted took Stella on a two-minute date. Barney took advantage of Abby's heartbreak and hooked up with her.
After the massive success of "Slap Bet", season 3 gave us "Slapsgiving": Marshall even set up a page on the internet that was counting down the time until the next slap, leaving Barney feeling uneasy.
Related: The Cast Of How I Met Your Mother (Ranked By Net Worth)
Meanwhile, Ted and Robin were struggling to be friendly towards one another. Since they broke up, they didn't really share anything in common, which made things super awkward for both of them. Luckily, they realized they still share an inside joke: saluting every time someone uses a military rank expression before another word.
"How I Met Everyone Else" got such a high ranking because it introduced one of Barney's most beloved concepts: the hot/crazy scale. Ted was dating a girl whose name escaped him in the future, so he referred to her as Blah Blah.
Related: How I Met Your Mother: Details And Easter Eggs You Never Knew
As the title suggests, this episode explores how the rest of the group met one another. Marshall, Lily, and Ted met in 1996 at college, and Barney joined their group in 2001 after meeting Ted at the urinal at MacLaren's.
In one of the best episodes of How I Met Your Mother, Ted thought he had finally found his match in Cathy, but the rest of the group weren't as impressed. They didn't want to give Ted 'spoiler alerts' about her, which led to the group discussing each other's flaws.
Next: 15 BTS Facts About Neil Patrick Harris' Time On How I Met Your Mother
Next Hannah Montana Cast: Current Ages, Relationship Statuses, & Net Worths
Anja Grar is a writer, based in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Her ideal day consists of reading, escaping in nature and catching up with friends over a cup of coffee.
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 20th, 2021
- Soliton Named Best New Technology Award at the Aesthetic Industry Association Board Meeting - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2021
- Britains most tattooed woman covers half her skin with make-up to show what she looks like without ink - The Sun - February 8th, 2021
- Pure Ink Tattoo Studios - NJ Premier Tattoo Studio - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - February 6th, 2021
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - February 6th, 2021
- Integrity Ink Provides Fast, Effective, and Affordable Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal in Crosby, TX with the Astanza Trinity Laser - GlobeNewswire - January 27th, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- As Statues Of America's Racist Past Were Removed This Year, So Were Tattoos - NPR - December 31st, 2020
- New tattoo shop open in Torrington - The Torrington Telegram - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Celebs Who Refuse To Get Tattoos | TheThings - TheThings - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson Is Allegedly Getting All of His Tattoos Removed Details - Allure - December 19th, 2020
- 15 Best Tattoo Removal Creams That Works: 2020 Buyer's Guide - December 18th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 18th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Machine Market status and outlook: 2021 business development plans by companies, industry trends and restraints, market share and... - December 16th, 2020
- Why Kat Von D Covered Up Her Tattoos - PopCrush - December 16th, 2020
- What you need to know before getting a white tattoo - The Saxon - November 27th, 2020
- S.I. orange zone: This could be the end of my business, says gym owner - silive.com - November 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus: These businesses will close if NYC becomes an orange zone - SILive.com - November 20th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 10th, 2020
- The 'healing' power of tattoos - by artist who says studios are like confession booths - Birmingham Live - November 8th, 2020
- Celebrity tattoos that will inspire you to get inked - Times Now - November 5th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 4th, 2020
- How to Remove Fresh Tattoo Ink from Skin - Tips to remove ... - November 1st, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - November 1st, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 28th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal Treatments NJ | Laser Tattoo Treatment ... - October 21st, 2020
- Non laser Tattoo Removal: The most easy and cost effective way to remove tattoo - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - October 9th, 2020
- Reynolds ink: Why Rabbitohs skipper wants to 'start again' with tats - Sydney Morning Herald - October 8th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 4th, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 25th, 2020
- Bizarre: 44-year-old with several body modifications gets his nose removed to look like 'Human Satan' - Times Now - September 25th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo Blowout: Appearance, Treatments, and More - August 26th, 2020
- Hackensack Medical Laser - Tattoo Removal New Jersey - August 26th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal NJ: Get Rid of Tattoos Today! - August 26th, 2020
- TikToker gets freckle tattoosand it goes horribly wrong - The Daily Dot - August 20th, 2020
- National Tattoo Removal Day: INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist And Hate Tattoos For Free - Latin Times - August 13th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Market Rapidly Growing in Healthcare, Competitor Analysis, Complete Study of Current Trends and Forecast 2020-2023 - The Daily... - August 13th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - PRNewswire - August 12th, 2020
- Groupons offering free removal to ink fans who have a tattoo of the wrong star sign following Nasas 13th hor - The Sun - July 15th, 2020