A tattoo artist has been jailed after he raped one customer and sexually assaulted five others.
Paul Little, of Bramhall Street, Warrington, ordered his victims, aged between 18 and 49, to undress before touching them and exposing himself at his parlour in Salford.
In the most shocking incident, the 56-year-old raped a 'vulnerable' client as she admired her completed tattoo, the Manchester Evening News reports.
The offences took place during a six-year period, between 2013 and 2019, when Little was working at Rabbit Tattoos, in Irlam.
Little was jailed for eight and a half years at Manchester Crown Court on Tuesday
The court heard that Little had raped one woman in a 'spontaneous' attack when she visited his parlour to have an extensive tattoo done in 2014.
Prosecutor Rachel White said that, with the victim inside the shop, Little locked the door before he started making inappropriate comments to her.
He then cupped the woman's breast and tried to kiss her.
The work then continued but, as the woman was later admiring her completed tattoo, Little bent her over a bed, pulled down her underwear and 'momentarily penetrated her'.
"She says it happened very quickly and she bucked her upper body backwards a couple of times to push him away," said Ms White.
However, such was the victim's confusion over what had happened that she returned to the parlour the next day to allow Little to take photographs of the tattoo.
In a statement read out in court, the woman said the incident had 'ruined her life and her marriage'.
She said she initially did not want to tell anyone what had happened for fear of the damage it might cause.
Meanwhile, on a separate occasion, Little ordered an 18-year-old woman to remove her clothes before grabbing her breast and making a number of explicit comments about them.
The court heard that another victim had their breasts grabbed by Little after he made inappropriate comments about them.
The woman told him to stop 'in no uncertain terms', said Ms White.
In another shocking incident, Little sucked the nipple of one woman before kissing her on the mouth and exposing himself.
He then attempted to put her hand on his penis.
Three of the victims went to police separately to make allegations about Little last year.
He was questioned by officers and charged with four counts of sexual assault last December.
When a report on the charges appeared in the M.E.N. that month, several further victims came forward.
However, Little denied carrying out the offences.
Did you know we offer a free email newsletter service?
Each CheshireLive bulletin delivers the latest breaking news, what's on events and the hottest talking points straight to your inbox. For more information about how - and why - to subscribe,click here.
Following a trial last month, a jury found him guilty of one count of rape, five counts of sexual assault and two counts of exposure.
Mitigating, Gwen Henshaw, told the court that Little's childhood had been marred by abuse, and he had felt 'considerably unloved'.
She added: "Mr Little has acknowledged and realises how an unloved childhood has made him predisposed to trying to engage with people in a way that clearly people find irresponsible and inappropriate.
"He has had to think long and hard about what he would call his banter."
Ms Henshaw added that sending Little to prison would have a 'significant' impact on his wife and family.
Jailing Little, Judge Elizabeth Nicholls described him as 'exploitative and opportunistic'.
She added: "Women should not have to tolerate behaviour or comments such as this.
"Mr Little, I have heard that you are a man who has a talent with art. You have used and abused that to commit these offences.
"It is still a talent nevertheless. I hope you are able to use your time in custody to reflect on what you class as banter.
"It is distasteful and it makes people feel uncomfortable.
"Your sexual antics are not only outdated but wholly inappropariate."
Judge Nicholls praised the victims for their 'courage' in coming forward, adding: "I hope that all of you can feel there is some closure in this matter and can move on with your lives."
All of the victims have been, and continue to be, supported by specialist officers from GMP and partners agencies including St. Marys.
Little was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order, while a restraining order was imposed in relation to one of the victims.
Detective Constable Stefani Matthews, of GMPs Salford CID, said: Paul Little is a depraved individual who abused his position of trust and committed atrocious sexual offences against innocent women, who have since bravely come forward to ensure that he now spends a lengthy time behind bars.
We, alongside our partners, continue to support the victims of Littles crimes and hope that todays hearing can bring an element of closure on what has been an exhausting pursuit for justice going back as far as seven years for some of these women.
Little seemed to think that he could deny his way out of these shocking and serious allegations, and we are pleased that the jury delivered the guilty verdicts and saw through this mans deceptive lies. He is yet to show any remorse for the gross impact he has had on these womens lives, which further compounds his offending.
Littles acts towards these women were abhorrent, but the common finding during this investigation is how uncomfortable he would tend to make women feel while they were in the shop as his client, and some of the things these women were subjected to hear were completely unacceptable; I hope others who are victims of physical or verbal abuse feel they can contact police and information will be treat with the strictest confidence.
Originally posted here:
- Covid: Southend beautician fined after police discover her working | Echo - Echo - February 20th, 2021
- Thanks to Rawiri Waititi, Wearing a Tie Is Now Optional in New Zealands Parliament - Teen Vogue - February 13th, 2021
- I talk about Botox as a gateway drug: the changing face of the beauty business - Sydney Morning Herald - February 13th, 2021
- SA tattoo artist to the stars on taking his skill abroad - News24 - February 13th, 2021
- Summerside, P.E.I. woman competing to be Inked Magazine cover girl - The Journal Pioneer - February 10th, 2021
- I was fired 30 mins into my dream job because of my tattoos my family hate them & people shout abuse but I w - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Man arrested after drugging and tattooing four sex slaves with his name before forcing them into prost - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Capitol Riot Prompts A Reckoning Over Extremism In The Ranks - NPR - February 10th, 2021
- With Pastel Devil Studio, these artists are reimagining today's tattoo parlor - St. Louis Magazine - February 6th, 2021
- Brisbane sex slave ring accused face court over allegations of prostitution - 7NEWS.com.au - February 6th, 2021
- ED'S DESK: Bogan Evil-Doers With Tenuous Links To Ivan Milat Thrill Court Watchers With 'Matching White Forensic Jumpsuits' And 'Forlorn Expressions'... - February 4th, 2021
- 2 Green Country Women Share Stories Through Tattoo Ink; Competing In National Contest - News On 6 - February 2nd, 2021
- Cops investigated kidnappings, extortions, teen runaways across California. Victims all ended up at same motel, forced into sex trafficking, feds say... - January 30th, 2021
- Face tattoos give Indigenous woman a chance to reclaim traditional form of self-expression - CBC.ca - January 24th, 2021
- Dustin Poiriers 27 tattoos and their meanings after getting his first aged 14 ahead of UFC fight with Conor M - The Irish Sun - January 24th, 2021
- Holly Willoughby winces in horror as UKs most tattooed woman reveals inking in intimate area on This Morni - The Sun - January 20th, 2021
- The mum looking to fully cover her body in tattoos by the time she is 40 - Lancs Live - January 20th, 2021
- Cape Cod people of color have renewed hope with Biden-Harris inauguration - Cape Cod Times - January 20th, 2021
- Why the far-right and white supremecists have embraced the Middle Ages and their symbols - The Conversation AU - January 15th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal (English) - January 9th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal.com - January 5th, 2021
- Walker's Point women-led tattoo shop spends grand opening giving away proceeds to charity - WTMJ-TV - January 5th, 2021
- Women Get Tattoos of Stefon Diggs Name on Their Bodies, But He Doesn't Claim Any of Them - BlackSportsOnline - January 5th, 2021
- 25 Feather Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - December 27th, 2020
- 'Depraved' tattoo artist raped woman and sexually assaulted five others while performing work on them - Manchester Evening News - December 23rd, 2020
- The Interview Gift Guide That Gives Back - Interview - December 23rd, 2020
- Kalie Shorr Is as Bad as She Wants to Be In My Voice Video - Sounds Like Nashville - December 16th, 2020
- The Women Faced Off to Play Soccer. One Team Lost Because of Hair Dye. - The New York Times - December 11th, 2020
- Three Oaks wants INKED to raise awareness - Toronto Star - December 10th, 2020
- Meet the new couples of '90 Day Fianc' - CNN - December 9th, 2020
- Sunday Funday Moment: Local woman-owned business celebrating 10th anniversary with virtual Loteria party. - KVIA El Paso - November 30th, 2020
- The day my Indian mother confronted me about my tattoo - SBS - November 26th, 2020
- Women and Minorities Value, Perceive, and Experience Professionalism Differently than Their Peers - Newswise - November 26th, 2020
- I studied 5,000 phone images: objects were more popular than people, but women took way more selfies - The Conversation AU - November 25th, 2020
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals Why She Doesn't Have Any Tattoos - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 23rd, 2020
- Gassed in their cells, begging for food at Auckland Womens prison - RNZ - November 23rd, 2020
- Watch Lindsey Vonn Talk About Tattoos, Body Image, And Her Worst Injury In This 'Body Scan' Video - Women's Health - November 21st, 2020
- Pike River Mine: The women still bonded by tragedy a decade on - Newshub - November 18th, 2020
- OPINION: Tattoos are a way to express creativity - The Daily Evergreen - November 12th, 2020
- Fox Maxy discusses land and Indigenous people in his films - Daily Northwestern - November 12th, 2020
- Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. says to reach out to hear veterans stories at Madison County, NY Veterans Day ceremony - Utica Observer Dispatch - November 12th, 2020
- 50 Best Hand Tattoos For Women - Inspiration From Rihanna To Cara - elle.com - November 12th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 8th, 2020
- Meet the Artist Behind the Lighting Bolt Design That Has Become the Symbol of Womens Rights in an Increasingly Oppressive Poland - artnet News - November 5th, 2020
- Body of woman dumped in Inanda who had her throat slit and hands chopped off yet to be identified - Independent Online - November 5th, 2020
- 65 Cute Small Tattoos For Women: Tiny Tattoo Ideas (2020 ... - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoos For Women An Ultimate Guide to Tattoo Beauty - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Artist Teamed Up with Local Print Shop to Help Raise Money for Charities that Support Black Lives Matter During Ongoing Pandemic - Printing... - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Artists of Color on Working With Dark Skin - Allure - November 4th, 2020
- Sean Connery: Why women loved this James Bond - THE WEEK - November 1st, 2020
- 6 Women Share the Tattoos Inspired By Their Breast Cancer Diagnosis - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 31st, 2020
- Ronald Hall, Worcester man accused of human trafficking, kept women addicted to drugs and had his nickname ta - MassLive.com - October 31st, 2020
- Carla Was Diagnosed with Breast Cancer So were Her Sisters and Daughters in Remarkable Case of 'Family History' - Baptist Health South Florida - October 28th, 2020
- Death-Defying Shotzi Blackheart Is a Perfect Choice to Revive the Beloved Halloween Havoc - Sports Illustrated - October 28th, 2020
- Diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Answers to Common Questions About Radiation - Chicago Health - October 28th, 2020
- 14 Incredibly Inspiring Breast Cancer Tattoos - Prevention.com - October 24th, 2020
- Watch Jordyn Woods Talk About Her 17 Piercings And 8 Tattoos In This New Video - Women's Health - October 22nd, 2020
- Think twice before getting that tattoo: It can cause your body to overheat - TheHealthSite - October 22nd, 2020
- Breast reconstruction: Are 3D nipple tattoos right for you? - Baylor College of Medicine News - October 22nd, 2020
- How COVID-19 changed the tattoo industry. - Newcity Design - October 22nd, 2020
- The Vow Season 2: What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack, and More NXIVM Key Players - Fort Leavenworth Lamp - October 19th, 2020
- 'I get a charge out of helping people': Breast cancer survivor finds way to give back to others - The Stanly News & Press - Stanly News &... - October 17th, 2020
- 40 Taunts By Desi Aunties That Make Young Single Women Go WTF - SheThePeople - October 17th, 2020
- Mike Tyson's Tribal Face Tattoo Got a Wild Reaction From a Woman in the Tribe - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 16th, 2020
- The Link Between the Disappearances of Two North Texas African American Women - Local Profile - October 16th, 2020
- 'Trick-or-Treat from 6 Feet' offers fun way to give out Halloween candy - WBAL TV Baltimore - October 16th, 2020
- Mike Tyson Almost Got an Even Crazier Tattoo on His Face Thankfully He Didn't - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 16th, 2020
- Far-flung face of poverty fight - Chinadaily.com.cn - Chinadaily USA - October 10th, 2020
- Woman testifies about talk of sex, witchcraft and killing during relationship with Trail, Boswell - KOLN - October 8th, 2020
- Erin Andrews Is Learning to Be Patient! - Greenwich Time - October 8th, 2020
- Fans are shocked to see Chris Evans' torso covered in tattoos in a video of him backflipping into a pool - Business Insider India - October 8th, 2020
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Tattoos aiding in recovery - NBC Right Now - October 8th, 2020
- Peter Andre shows off his scarred face for new film role with co-star Fredi Nwaka - The Sun - October 8th, 2020
- Man arrested in Camden deaths of woman, her son; search led to California - Arkansas Online - October 8th, 2020
- It was a cultural reset: A short history of the ABG aesthetic - i-D - October 8th, 2020
- The taboo around tattoos - The Aquinian - October 5th, 2020
- Keeping Up With The Alumni: Featuring Liz Hogan - Sports Illustrated - October 4th, 2020
- 25 Popular Forearm Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 2nd, 2020
- Dunedin tattoo artist helps guide transition for breast cancer survivors - Tampa Bay Newspapers - October 2nd, 2020
- Does Taylor Swift Have Any Tattoos? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 2nd, 2020