"A Christmas Carol": Enjoy the Charles Dickens timeless tale onstage through Dec. 20 at theOcala Civic Theatre, 4337 E.Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala. Tickets and information at 236-2274 or ocalacivictheatre.com.
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Chronicle Vol. 1: Experience Classic Albums LIVE as they perform the music of Creedence Clearwater Revivals Chronicles at the Reilly Arts Center, 500 NE Ninth St., Ocala, Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets and details at reillyartscenter.com or 351-1606.
"In Willowbark Woods": This production from the College of Central Floridas Musical Theatre Department will be online only at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20 at YouTube.com/CollegeofCentralFl. In promotional materials, the show is described as "a theatrical cycle of songs and monologues exploring the people found on a very small speck somewhere on the map of the Deep South called Willowbark." The show was "conceived and written during the COVID-19 pandemic."
Glass Onion: Local band Glass Onion, known for pop, rock and funk, will play at the Marion Theatre, 50 S. Magnolia Ave, Ocala, Nov. 21 at 8 p.m. Enjoy tunes from The Beatles, Doobie Brothers, James Brown and Morris Day. Tickets and details at reillyartscenter.com or 351-1606.
More: Ocala Symphony Orchestra takes on reimagined 'Seasons'
"Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi The Four Seasons": Max Richter (composer for "Ad Astra" starring Brad Pitt and HBOs "The Leftovers") offers a 21st century view of Vivaldis The Four Seasons. Ocala Symphony Orchestras concertmaster, Stewart Kitts, plays the role of soloist in a hauntingly familiar, yet surprisingly fresh take on Vivaldis 'Four Seasons.' The performance will be at 3 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Reilly Arts Center, 500 NE Ninth St., Ocala. Tickets and information at reillyartscenter.com or 351-1606.
Inked at the MAX: Celebrate a showcase of the oldest form of artistic expression -- tattoos -- at the Magnolia Art Exchange, 531 NE First Ave., Ocala, Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. This one-night event will feature tattoo-inspired art from local artists putting their own spin on traditional tattoo designs and flash sheets. Visit maxocala.org or call 629-8414 for details.
The Visual Artists Society'sBest of the Season exhibition: This annual show begins Nov. 23 atthe College of Central Florida Webber Gallery, 3001 SWCollege Road, Ocala. This year's theme:Your (COVID) Best.The exhibit will continue through Dec. 16. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday.For additional information, call 873-5809.
Megan Welch's "Hinterlands": Free art exhibit at Ocala City Hall, 110 SE Watula Ave. " 'Hinterlands' is an exhibit of portraits in oil and graphite," the city said in a news release. On display through Jan. 8. Viewing available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Brick City Center for the Arts: "Paint What You Love! A Collective Art Exhibit" is on display through Nov. 28 at the center, 23 SW Broadway St., Ocala.
Dan McCarthysFlorida: Explored: Free exhibit, City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Administration, 828 NE Eighth Ave. " 'Florida: Explored' is an exhibit of select pieces created during (McCarthy's)exploration of a hidden gem in Marion County:Indian Lake State Forest," the city said in a news release.On displaythrough Jan. 15. Open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Appleton Museum of Art: The museum, 4333 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala,is openThursdays-Saturdays, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.,andSundays, noon- 5 p.m. Capacity is monitored. Exhibits includeThe Spaces Between from mixed-media artist Christian Duran;The Art of Adventure, serigraphs by Clayton Pond; and Mid-Century Tourism on the Silver River, photographs by Bruce Mozert.Call 291-4455 or visit appletonmuseum.org.
Astronaut Academy: Following a period of closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Discovery Center at 701 NE Sanchez Ave., Ocala, has re-openedwith a hands-on exhibit where participants can virtually drive a Mars rover or even navigate the International Space Station. Hours range; tickets and details at 401-3900 or mydiscoverycenter.org.
Read the original post:
- Music, beer, art and tattoos: Casa Tigre has already opened in Lisbon The Courier - The Courier - May 8th, 2021
- Billie Eilish Tattoos: Guide to Ink Designs and Their Meanings - J-14 - May 8th, 2021
- Everything Joe Jonas Has Said About Being a Dad to Daughter With Sophie - J-14 - May 8th, 2021
- Moda Center welcomes Blazers fans for first time in over a year - OPB News - May 8th, 2021
- Star Wars Gaming Greats, The Bad Batch Lead Hasbros May 4th Reveals - Superherohype.com - May 8th, 2021
- Coming to The MAX 'Bloodlines' Painting legacy lives on through the art of tattoos - Meridian Star - March 9th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston Finally Revealed the Meaning Behind Her Tattoo - Yahoo Entertainment - March 9th, 2021
- Intl Critics Line: Todd McCarthy On Tunisias Oscar-Shortlisted The Man Who Sold His Skin - Deadline - March 9th, 2021
- How the pandemic has impacted how we see the arts - About Manchester - March 9th, 2021
- You can shop at California museums but you can't see the art - Los Angeles Times - February 13th, 2021
- Markers of place and connection - St. Albert Today - February 13th, 2021
- 35 All Red Tattoos - INKED - February 13th, 2021
- Couple who had whirlwind romance as Edinburgh Tattoo performers set to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary - Edinburgh News - February 13th, 2021
- Artist looks to London exhibit - The National - February 13th, 2021
- TI and Tiny's reality show halted amid sexual abuse claims, more news | Gallery - Wonderwall - February 6th, 2021
- How To Curate The Perfect Personal Art Collection For Your Home - Boss Hunting - February 5th, 2021
- Mr. Wash prison painting finds a home at the Hammer Museum - Los Angeles Times - January 27th, 2021
- These Tattoos are Super Weird - INKED - January 27th, 2021
- 'Our Diversity Is Our Strength' | Oregon ArtsWatch - Oregon ArtsWatch - January 27th, 2021
- 25 Things We Love About Santa Fe Right Now - Santa Fe Reporter - January 27th, 2021
- Five questions with Tony Henson, a painter and educator - Johnson City Press (subscription) - January 24th, 2021
- The Top-10 most read, watched Jersey Shore Covid stories : #2 - wobm.com - December 31st, 2020
- 14 clever COVID-19 design solutions from around the world - Los Angeles Times - December 31st, 2020
- Ups and downs of business in Revelstoke in 2020 - Revelstoke Review - December 31st, 2020
- These Ann Arbor-area businesses opened in 2020, despite COVID-19 challenges - MLive.com - December 25th, 2020
- Brookline artist Sam Fish wants to shake up the local art scene - Wicked Local - December 25th, 2020
- Best In Show(room): Mattress Macks Runhappy And Chester The Affenpinscher - US Racing - December 23rd, 2020
- Lily Goldberg - The Williams record - December 23rd, 2020
- Amazing Tattoo Gallery - Find Tattoo Design - December 18th, 2020
- Tattoo pictures, tattoo design art, flash tattoo, body tattoo - December 18th, 2020
- LAAMS Wants to Be Warhols Factory for This Generation - Curbed - December 18th, 2020
- 2020 Best of the Beat Forsyth County Edition: Tattoo Archive - Triad City Beat - December 18th, 2020
- The origins of tattooing - St. Albert TODAY - December 7th, 2020
- Three to See Friday: Indigenous tattoo art, competitive Kyle Beal and a virtual Queen on screen - Edmonton Journal - December 6th, 2020
- Newport City Council will host their next regular meeting on December 9, here's what's on the agenda - What'sUpNewp - December 3rd, 2020
- Is Chris Nez Married? Who is Chris Nez's Wife? Does He Have Kids? - The Cinemaholic - December 3rd, 2020
- Best of Cleveland: Arts & Entertainment 2020 | Arts & Entertainment - Cleveland Scene - December 3rd, 2020
- 10 She-Ra Tattoos That Show Off The Power Of Greyskull | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 28th, 2020
- Once Upon a Time There Were 15 Magical Tattoos - INKED - November 25th, 2020
- Norfolk police arrest woman in connection to killing on Granby Street; man wanted for murder - 13newsnow.com WVEC - November 23rd, 2020
- 25 Festive Thanksgiving Tattoos - INKED - November 23rd, 2020
- There's so much more than shopping to enjoy at Miracle Mile Shops in Las Vegas - Lasvegasmagazine - November 23rd, 2020
- 25 'The Godfather' Tattoos You Can't Refuse - INKED - November 21st, 2020
- 55 Impressive 'Looney Tunes' Tattoos - INKED - November 21st, 2020
- Nick McMaster combines his passions for tattoos and art at Cinder and Sea - Monday Mag - November 21st, 2020
- Discover Your Destiny with Tarot Card Tattoos - INKED - November 16th, 2020
- Laurel teen endured multiple surgeries. Then his wish came true. - Hattiesburg American - November 16th, 2020
- JoCo's latest pandemic health order is now in effect Here are the key details - Shawnee Mission Post - November 16th, 2020
- An Inked Guide to Symbolism Within Japanese Tattoos - INKED - November 10th, 2020
- David Beckham's Son Brooklyn Is the Latest Celebrity Kid to Reveal a Face Tattoo - Yahoo Entertainment - November 8th, 2020
- Brooklyn, son of David Beckham, is the latest popular child to reveal a face tattoo - DodoFinance - November 4th, 2020
- First stand-alone tattoo parlor to open in Arlington Heights - Chicago Daily Herald - November 4th, 2020
- UT Art Professor Takes Experimental Passion to Another Level - Minaret - November 4th, 2020
- One Year Later: Remembering The Downtown Sinkhole That Swallowed A Port Authority Bus - CBS Pittsburgh - October 30th, 2020
- Fashion hits and misses from the 2020 CMT Music Awards | Gallery - Wonderwall - October 22nd, 2020
- The Moms Guide to Marfa - SheKnows - October 21st, 2020
- Tattoos through British history on display at Carlisle's Tullie House in conjunction with National Maritime Museum Cornwall - NW Evening Mail - October 19th, 2020
- The Winners Of The 2020 Readers' Choice Awards - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 19th, 2020
- Hunter S. Thompson legacy lives on in Aspen; new 'Freak Power' film follows 1970 campaign for sheriff - Aspen Daily News - October 17th, 2020
- These Werewolf Tattoos Will Make You Howl at the Moon - INKED - October 14th, 2020
- 10 Real Life Princess Peach Tattoos That Are Adorable | TheGamer - TheGamer - October 14th, 2020
- Before They Were Tatted: 10 Rockers Before + After Their Tattoos - Loudwire - October 14th, 2020
- Backstage artists find a spotlight helping to keep theaters and themselves afloat during pandemic - STLtoday.com - September 25th, 2020
- Are you one of the people getting a tattoo in Sheffield over the last 25 years in our retro gallery? - Derbyshire Times - September 23rd, 2020
- How Did The Queen React to Her Punk Portrait? - Al-Bawaba - September 22nd, 2020
- 9/23 scenes and screens - The Rice Thresher - September 22nd, 2020
- The Queen asks artist to change his punk portrait of her because she didnt like the neck tattoo - The Sun - September 22nd, 2020
- The Broken Hearts Gallery Stars Talk Grand Romantic Gestures, Karaoke, and Modern Romance - POPSUGAR - September 12th, 2020
- Several industries open next week without "limited capacity" defined - Mission Local - September 12th, 2020
- Justin Bieber & His Wife Hailey Sure Love to Eat Sushi! - Just Jared Jr. - September 12th, 2020
- Slowly, and responsibly, returning to the South End gallery scene - The Boston Globe - September 11th, 2020
- Talking Tattoos campaign to shed light on the vibrant tattoo culture in Cumbria - Cumbria Crack - September 1st, 2020
- 7 Tattoo Gallery | Newark (Ironbound) Tattoo Shop - September 1st, 2020
- I Love Trying to Make the Viewer Self-Conscious: How Rising Star Jenna Gribbon Paints the Feelings of Seeing and Being Seen - artnet News - September 1st, 2020
- Art Is Hope: Why Zadig & Voltaire is Collaborating with Emerging Creatives - Daily Front Row - August 28th, 2020
- Say a Prayer and Get a Sacred Heart Tattoo - INKED - August 28th, 2020
- Great Outfits in Fashion History (Beauty Edition): A Butterfly-Covered Billy Porter at the Critics' Choice Awards - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 25th, 2020
- World Tattoo Gallery | Tattoo website with Best Tattoos - August 24th, 2020
- Tattoos,Piercings, 100% Disposable, Tattoo Removal,Custom ... - August 24th, 2020
- Photo Diary: Two Days at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the Midst of a Pandemic - Consequence of Sound - August 20th, 2020