An official of the Department of Education (DepEd) on Thursday confirmed that the module which associates having a tattoo with criminals is quality-assured by the Central Office (CO) and that an erratum has been issued related to it.
DepEd Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction Diosdado San Antonio told the Manila Bulletin that the said module which demonizes people with tattoos was CO quality assured. He added that the DepEd has already issued an erratum on this.
The photo of the module was posted by singer Lea Salonga on Facebook last Tuesday, Nov. 17. She expressed dismay over the learning material which implies that having a tattoo might be a symbol of being a criminal.
Okay, someone would need to tell me if this thing is really okd by the DepEd. And if so, what kind of BS is this? an irate Salonga asked.
As shown in thescreenshot of the moduleposted by Salonga, a multiple choice question is asking the learners to determine if:Ang tattoo ay simbolo ng ________. A. pagiging kriminal, B. pagkaalipin, C. kagitingan at kagandahan, at D. pagiging mababa ng katayuan sa lipunan.Based on the answer key provided in the module, the right answer was Letter A.
San Antonio acknowledged that the answer key was wrong and that an erratum has already been issued related to this. He noted that while the specific module was quality assured by the DepEd Central Office, there are still items that might have been overlooked.
This is not the first time that Salonga called out errors found in modules. In October, she also pointed out on social media an illustration showing an owl but was labeled as an ostrich.
In a separate post last month, director and film producer Jose Joey Javier Reyes also lamented the state of the countrys education system over a module asking students to study rhetoric using the national language.
As a matter of policy, San Antonio said that the errors found in Self-Learning Modules (SLMs) under distance/blended learning are rectified as soon as possible. Content errors found inappropriate shall be rectified via an issuance from the concerned Regional Director if the SLM is used in the whole region, he explained.
Without face-to-face classes this school year, students are under home-based learning through various learning delivery modalities such as printed or digital modular; online distance learning; and radio or television-based instructions.
Regardless of the modality/ies chosen, DepEd said that SLMs remain the backbone of distance learning and covers the Most Essential Learning Competencies (MELCs).
However, DepEd admitted that due to time constraints, there are some SLMs that did not pass through quality assurance of the CO. Efforts are to be exerted by the teachers to clarify such errors in succeeding lesson materials or while communicating with the learners and parents, San Antonio said.
In response to numerous reports about errors found in learning materials, the agency launched its DepEd Error Watch initiative last October. It makes use of three platforms for reporting which will validate errors for immediate and proper correction.
Concerns on modules may be reported throughemail: [emailprotected];text and Viber message: 0961-6805334; Facebook Messenger: DepEd Error Watch (@depederrorwatch) and Work chat DepEd Error Watch:https://deped.workplace.com/groups/616392985671470/) using the hashtag #depederrorwatch when submitting reports.
SIGN UP TO DAILY NEWSLETTER
View original post here:
- Black Americans flock to gun stores and clubs: 'I needed to protect myself' - The Guardian - April 5th, 2021
- Palm Beach County Teacher of the Year brings together lessons of Holocaust, racism - Palm Beach Post - April 5th, 2021
- Suzanne Nicastro: Its Time to Tell the Truth about Public School Closures - Noozhawk - February 17th, 2021
- Gangland: a book about meth and the people whose lives it touches - The Spinoff - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the process of becoming a tattoo artist - Argonaut - February 13th, 2021
- Welcome to the Gross Room - INKED - February 13th, 2021
- Walter Suza: A city along the Mississippi seeks to defeat hate - Ames Tribune - February 6th, 2021
- Best of Jackson 2021: Community and Culture - Jackson Free Press - February 4th, 2021
- Eat my fear: Australian of the Year Grace Tame on surviving child sex abuse - Sydney Morning Herald - January 25th, 2021
- HIPAA Certification Online: Why Is It Worth It? - South Florida Caribbean News - January 24th, 2021
- State Is 'Battered, Not Broken' Kemp Says In State Of The State | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - January 15th, 2021
- Skin in the game: why getting a tattoo helped me achieve my goals - The Guardian - January 5th, 2021
- 20 touching photos from the Flint area in 2020 - MLive.com - December 28th, 2020
- What are the 'Tier 4' restrictions and will Harrogate be hit with tougher New Year Covid regulations? - Harrogate Advertiser - December 28th, 2020
- WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO FROM TODAY UNDER TIER 3 RESTRICTIONS - Island Echo - December 27th, 2020
- Tier 4 rules in full for Sussex: Heres what you can and cant do - Hastings Observer - December 27th, 2020
- Fusing the Flavors of the World - INKED - December 25th, 2020
- University of East Anglia, UK announces Sonny Mehta India Scholarship for budding Indian writers - India Education Diary - December 16th, 2020
- This 75-year-old from Madurai has preserved memories of the Dravidian movement - The News Minute - December 13th, 2020
- Tattoo training, online course - TattooTechniques.com - December 7th, 2020
- Licensed Tattoo Artist: Job Description and Education ... - December 7th, 2020
- Fun and Games this Holiday Season -- Gift Giving for Kids! - WISHTV.com - December 7th, 2020
- Emily Viti's son has MPS and the Framingham High volleyball coach is fighting to find a cure for the terminal disease - Milford Daily News - December 6th, 2020
- Through Positive Eyes: living with HIV and Aids - a photo essay - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- The Japanese Pilgrimage Where Horimono Tattoos Are Revered - VICE - November 18th, 2020
- Educator of the Week: Jeff Bergman - Racine County Eye - November 18th, 2020
- Jacob Free: 5 things to know about the Troy University football quarterback - Montgomery Advertiser - November 18th, 2020
- Even as traditional globalisation has slowed, a new kind has sped up - The Economist - November 5th, 2020
- California voters reject affirmative action ballot measure - Education Week - November 5th, 2020
- Morality, legality and tattoos - koreatimes - October 31st, 2020
- Europes Locked Down, but Schools Are Open - The New York Times - October 31st, 2020
- Seances, tattoos and the unbreakable bond between Mikaela Mayer and Al Mitchell - ESPN - October 31st, 2020
- Tier 4 lockdown: what would the rules be, and what UK areas could be affected? - The Telegraph - October 31st, 2020
- What can we do as the county stays in the purple tier? - Sonoma West - October 28th, 2020
- Post Covid-19 Impact on Smart Tattoo Market Share Forecast by Application 2020 Analysis and Forecasts to 2027- MOTOROLA CORPORATION, Google Inc, and... - October 28th, 2020
- Simulation Learning Market Set to Register robust CAGR During 2020-2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 28th, 2020
- Four in the running for 4th Senate seat - Journal Inquirer - October 24th, 2020
- Backlog of Test Results Is Reason for Todays Large Number of Reported COVID-19 Infections - WEHOville - October 24th, 2020
- Study outlines the link between tattoos and damage to sweat glands - News-Medical.net - October 21st, 2020
- QAnon-linked Save the Children movement is derailing local anti-trafficking organizations - The Arizona Republic - October 19th, 2020
- CURE's Inaugural Lung Cancer Heroes Program Honors Several Individuals Who Have Dedicated Their Lives and Careers to Improving Care for Patients -... - October 17th, 2020
- Herald building tenants raise fortunes of downtown area - tricitiesbusinessnews.com - October 16th, 2020
- V,I, Council on the Arts celebrated Arts and Humanities Month - Virgin Islands Daily News - October 9th, 2020
- Family of late Holy Cross rower Grace Rett speaks out, working to build a gym in her honor - Boston Herald - October 8th, 2020
- Meet the MBA Class of 2022: Jordan Hunt, Cornell University (Johnson) - Poets&Quants - October 8th, 2020
- Benjamin Keough Is Laid To Rest Next To His Grandfather Elvis At Graceland - - The Tech Education - October 4th, 2020
- IN CASE YOU MISSED ITSchedule of Reuters features from this week - Reuters - October 4th, 2020
- Anderson Luna Is Here To Make Tattooing Accessible To Other People Of Color - HuffPost - September 30th, 2020
- Heavily tattooed school teacher risks losing his job because of his appearance - Myjoyonline.com - September 25th, 2020
- A World to Be Discovered: Deaf artists of Omaha - Gateway - The Gateway - September 22nd, 2020
- People are getting coronavirus-themed tattoos of masks, toilet paper - Insider - INSIDER - September 20th, 2020
- Andrea Bolender Outlines Goals Of The Holocaust Memorial And Tolerance Center - Great Neck Record - September 18th, 2020
- Megan Connolly's winding career path a lesson in trust and faith - both on and off the field - Independent.ie - September 16th, 2020
- In Illinois, new survey finds 15% of millennials, Generation Z believe the Holocaust is a myth and did not h - Chicago Sun-Times - September 16th, 2020
- A look at how Trump's pointed rhetoric binds him to his tribe and it to him - Harvard Gazette - September 16th, 2020
- Creating Community: 7 Ground Floor Artists on the Art Scene in Birmingham - Bham Now - September 12th, 2020
- Portrait artist Akeem Hartman is one to watch - Stabroek News - September 12th, 2020
- The Black Lives Matter Movement Will Change the Future of Tattooing - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 11th, 2020
- Conroe man hit with huge 60-year sentence - Woodlands Online - September 9th, 2020
- County of Orange moves to Red Tier, re-opens more of Orange County - Orange County Breeze - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo Source: Social application for tattoo artists is planning to makes waves in the industry worldwide - Press Release - Digital Journal - September 7th, 2020
- Schalmont teacher going online to find '5 Minute Mentors' - The Daily Gazette - September 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Equipments Market Sets the Table for Continued Growth | Sabre, FK Irons, EZ Tattoo Supply, Kingpin Tattoo Supply - Bulletin Line - September 4th, 2020
- QuickBooks 101 Business Education Webinar on September 22 Open to All - PR Web - September 4th, 2020
- Education - atomictattoos.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Tattoo School | Tattoo Apprenticeships - Body Art & Soul ... - September 2nd, 2020
- Education - Virginia Arts Festival - September 2nd, 2020
- Learn How to Tattoo: Schools and Courses - September 2nd, 2020
- They came for us in the morning: What prison officials don't want you to know about the raid on 200+ incarcerated Black people at Soledad - San... - September 2nd, 2020
- Released from San Quentin, Rebuilding Their Lives - KQED - August 30th, 2020
- BTS: Jimin and his boat cap come to our rescue on this gloomy Thursday; Jiminie's '13' tattoo makes appearance - PINKVILLA - August 30th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Ink Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027) by Type, End User and Region. - Galus Australis - August 28th, 2020
- Dozens of mask complaints filed against Muncie-area businesses - The Star Press - August 24th, 2020
- In April, this educator lost her mother to COVID. Now NYC wants her to go back to work. - ABC News - August 22nd, 2020
- Daisy Johnson: Agents Of SHIELD Superhero! Know All About Her And Her Real Life! - The Tech Education - August 19th, 2020
- Breast Implants Market to Reach $3.05 Billion by 2027; Technological Intervention Has Played a Massive Role in Market Growth, says Fortune Business... - August 19th, 2020
- Smart Tattoo Market Growth Rate Forecasts to 2026 by Trending Industry Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications- MOTOROLA CORPORATION, Google... - August 19th, 2020
- 5 questions for Scott Gottlieb, Rick Hess, and Michael Strain on the next stage of the COVID pandemic - American Enterprise Institute - August 19th, 2020
- Welcome to the CPP (Crony Payment Plan) - The Platte County Landmark Newspaper - August 14th, 2020
- From piercing to pediatrics; Fargo doctor takes an inspiring career path - INFORUM - August 13th, 2020