Jeff Bergman, a former educator at Washington Park High school, has influenced one of Racines up and coming artists. Mikeal Dollak Posch, a 2017 graduate of Washington Park High School gives credit to Mr. Bergman, for who Dollak Posch is becoming.
The Educator of the Week is a series of articles featuring Racines outstanding teachers. Bergman as the students called him dedicated nearly 30 years of service to Racine Unified School District. During those years, students like Mikeal Dollak Posch feel that they are a better person because of the impression Bergman has left on them.
Jeff Bergman is a graduate of University of Wisconsin Stout. He has a Bachelors degree in Industrial Arts Education. Additionally, Bergman has a Masters in Education. He obtained this degree from National Louis University. Bergman was employed at Washington Park High School. He was a teacher in the Technology department.
During that time period, he was also in charge of hosting Career and Technology Awareness day. Bergman writes this event offers more than 2500 students that attend an opportunity to see the relationship between their education and career
Former student, Mikeal Dollak Posch is a prime example of connecting ones education to their career path. Mikeal Dollak Posch was a student in Bergmans graphic design and photo systems courses. Dollak Posch originally signed up to fill his schedule with an additional elective. He didnt realize how influential the courses would be.
At first, the student and teacher didnt see eye to eye. Quickly, the two overcame their differences. A challenging start to their relationship, however, doesnt outweigh the value of Bergmans impression on Dollak Posch. Mikeal Dollak Poschs focus on photography grew immensely because of Bergman.
Bergmans graphic design skills translated over to Dollak Posch and his career. Dollak Posch credits his teacher for his understanding of different art components and how they interact with each other.
At the time, we focused on typography, collages, and color theory says Dollak Posch. This student embarked on a journey in the tattoo industry and what he learned from Bergman has paid off.
Bergman was different than other teachers that Mikeal Dolack Posch had. Mikeal comments that Bergmans ethic, experience and attitude was unique. He even was like a father figure to this student, guiding him to where he was going.
In high school, Mikeal Dolack Posch didnt even pick up a pencil to draw or think about becoming a tattooist. Without Bergman, Dollak Posch wouldnt know where hed be. Now, Mikeal Dolack Posch is a tattoo artist at Black Hand Tattoo Gallery. Hes been in the tattoo industry for two years.
This graphic arts teacher unlocked the skills of what is now, another local artist. The two men have such a great relationship that soon Bergman will get his first tattoo by his former student. Dolack Posch and Bergman are currently in the design process to prepare for the tattoo.
If you too are looking to support a local artist, reach out to Mikeal via his Facebook page. Check out Black Hand Tattoo gallery on Facebook here. Call or stop by the shop for more information.
Bergman is an individual who is acceptive of the changes in his life. This former eductor now works as the Youth Apprenticeship/Workplace Learning Coordinator at Racine Area Manufacturers and Commerce (RAMAC). He is still actively involved with Racine Unified School District helping students find and maintain employment.
Mikeal Dollack Posch is just one story we are sharing. We know many who have been influenced by Bergmans efforts to make students career ready. More stories will unfold in the future as Bergman continues to apply his approach in the field.
Thank you Jeff Bergman for your dedication to students and the arts. If you want to read more stories about the Arts & Entertainment, click here. Read about other educators who have made a difference in the lives of students by clicking here.
The Educator Spotlight stories are a weekly contribution to the Local Education News Fund coverage at the Racine County Eye. Our efforts are to inform the public on education-related issues. Money raised by this effort will go directly to support education-related reporting by the Racine County Eye news team, to make sure the public has essential facts on this important topic. Contributions to this program will be used only to support news and information about education-related issues.
Donate to the Local Media fund by clicking here.
Another way to contribute is by nominating an educator in Racine to be the next Racine County Eye Educator of the Week. Do so by clicking here. Email Emma Widmar at email@example.com for more information or to share your story.
In addition to our education features, well be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/
- Black Americans flock to gun stores and clubs: 'I needed to protect myself' - The Guardian - April 5th, 2021
- Palm Beach County Teacher of the Year brings together lessons of Holocaust, racism - Palm Beach Post - April 5th, 2021
- Suzanne Nicastro: Its Time to Tell the Truth about Public School Closures - Noozhawk - February 17th, 2021
- Gangland: a book about meth and the people whose lives it touches - The Spinoff - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the process of becoming a tattoo artist - Argonaut - February 13th, 2021
- Welcome to the Gross Room - INKED - February 13th, 2021
- Walter Suza: A city along the Mississippi seeks to defeat hate - Ames Tribune - February 6th, 2021
- Best of Jackson 2021: Community and Culture - Jackson Free Press - February 4th, 2021
- Eat my fear: Australian of the Year Grace Tame on surviving child sex abuse - Sydney Morning Herald - January 25th, 2021
- HIPAA Certification Online: Why Is It Worth It? - South Florida Caribbean News - January 24th, 2021
- State Is 'Battered, Not Broken' Kemp Says In State Of The State | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - January 15th, 2021
- Skin in the game: why getting a tattoo helped me achieve my goals - The Guardian - January 5th, 2021
- 20 touching photos from the Flint area in 2020 - MLive.com - December 28th, 2020
- What are the 'Tier 4' restrictions and will Harrogate be hit with tougher New Year Covid regulations? - Harrogate Advertiser - December 28th, 2020
- WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO FROM TODAY UNDER TIER 3 RESTRICTIONS - Island Echo - December 27th, 2020
- Tier 4 rules in full for Sussex: Heres what you can and cant do - Hastings Observer - December 27th, 2020
- Fusing the Flavors of the World - INKED - December 25th, 2020
- University of East Anglia, UK announces Sonny Mehta India Scholarship for budding Indian writers - India Education Diary - December 16th, 2020
- This 75-year-old from Madurai has preserved memories of the Dravidian movement - The News Minute - December 13th, 2020
- Tattoo training, online course - TattooTechniques.com - December 7th, 2020
- Licensed Tattoo Artist: Job Description and Education ... - December 7th, 2020
- Fun and Games this Holiday Season -- Gift Giving for Kids! - WISHTV.com - December 7th, 2020
- Emily Viti's son has MPS and the Framingham High volleyball coach is fighting to find a cure for the terminal disease - Milford Daily News - December 6th, 2020
- Through Positive Eyes: living with HIV and Aids - a photo essay - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- DepEd admits error in a module that says people with tattoo are criminals - Manila Bulletin - November 20th, 2020
- The Japanese Pilgrimage Where Horimono Tattoos Are Revered - VICE - November 18th, 2020
- Jacob Free: 5 things to know about the Troy University football quarterback - Montgomery Advertiser - November 18th, 2020
- Even as traditional globalisation has slowed, a new kind has sped up - The Economist - November 5th, 2020
- California voters reject affirmative action ballot measure - Education Week - November 5th, 2020
- Morality, legality and tattoos - koreatimes - October 31st, 2020
- Europes Locked Down, but Schools Are Open - The New York Times - October 31st, 2020
- Seances, tattoos and the unbreakable bond between Mikaela Mayer and Al Mitchell - ESPN - October 31st, 2020
- Tier 4 lockdown: what would the rules be, and what UK areas could be affected? - The Telegraph - October 31st, 2020
- What can we do as the county stays in the purple tier? - Sonoma West - October 28th, 2020
- Post Covid-19 Impact on Smart Tattoo Market Share Forecast by Application 2020 Analysis and Forecasts to 2027- MOTOROLA CORPORATION, Google Inc, and... - October 28th, 2020
- Simulation Learning Market Set to Register robust CAGR During 2020-2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 28th, 2020
- Four in the running for 4th Senate seat - Journal Inquirer - October 24th, 2020
- Backlog of Test Results Is Reason for Todays Large Number of Reported COVID-19 Infections - WEHOville - October 24th, 2020
- Study outlines the link between tattoos and damage to sweat glands - News-Medical.net - October 21st, 2020
- QAnon-linked Save the Children movement is derailing local anti-trafficking organizations - The Arizona Republic - October 19th, 2020
- CURE's Inaugural Lung Cancer Heroes Program Honors Several Individuals Who Have Dedicated Their Lives and Careers to Improving Care for Patients -... - October 17th, 2020
- Herald building tenants raise fortunes of downtown area - tricitiesbusinessnews.com - October 16th, 2020
- V,I, Council on the Arts celebrated Arts and Humanities Month - Virgin Islands Daily News - October 9th, 2020
- Family of late Holy Cross rower Grace Rett speaks out, working to build a gym in her honor - Boston Herald - October 8th, 2020
- Meet the MBA Class of 2022: Jordan Hunt, Cornell University (Johnson) - Poets&Quants - October 8th, 2020
- Benjamin Keough Is Laid To Rest Next To His Grandfather Elvis At Graceland - - The Tech Education - October 4th, 2020
- IN CASE YOU MISSED ITSchedule of Reuters features from this week - Reuters - October 4th, 2020
- Anderson Luna Is Here To Make Tattooing Accessible To Other People Of Color - HuffPost - September 30th, 2020
- Heavily tattooed school teacher risks losing his job because of his appearance - Myjoyonline.com - September 25th, 2020
- A World to Be Discovered: Deaf artists of Omaha - Gateway - The Gateway - September 22nd, 2020
- People are getting coronavirus-themed tattoos of masks, toilet paper - Insider - INSIDER - September 20th, 2020
- Andrea Bolender Outlines Goals Of The Holocaust Memorial And Tolerance Center - Great Neck Record - September 18th, 2020
- Megan Connolly's winding career path a lesson in trust and faith - both on and off the field - Independent.ie - September 16th, 2020
- In Illinois, new survey finds 15% of millennials, Generation Z believe the Holocaust is a myth and did not h - Chicago Sun-Times - September 16th, 2020
- A look at how Trump's pointed rhetoric binds him to his tribe and it to him - Harvard Gazette - September 16th, 2020
- Creating Community: 7 Ground Floor Artists on the Art Scene in Birmingham - Bham Now - September 12th, 2020
- Portrait artist Akeem Hartman is one to watch - Stabroek News - September 12th, 2020
- The Black Lives Matter Movement Will Change the Future of Tattooing - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 11th, 2020
- Conroe man hit with huge 60-year sentence - Woodlands Online - September 9th, 2020
- County of Orange moves to Red Tier, re-opens more of Orange County - Orange County Breeze - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo Source: Social application for tattoo artists is planning to makes waves in the industry worldwide - Press Release - Digital Journal - September 7th, 2020
- Schalmont teacher going online to find '5 Minute Mentors' - The Daily Gazette - September 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Equipments Market Sets the Table for Continued Growth | Sabre, FK Irons, EZ Tattoo Supply, Kingpin Tattoo Supply - Bulletin Line - September 4th, 2020
- QuickBooks 101 Business Education Webinar on September 22 Open to All - PR Web - September 4th, 2020
- Education - atomictattoos.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Tattoo School | Tattoo Apprenticeships - Body Art & Soul ... - September 2nd, 2020
- Education - Virginia Arts Festival - September 2nd, 2020
- Learn How to Tattoo: Schools and Courses - September 2nd, 2020
- They came for us in the morning: What prison officials don't want you to know about the raid on 200+ incarcerated Black people at Soledad - San... - September 2nd, 2020
- Released from San Quentin, Rebuilding Their Lives - KQED - August 30th, 2020
- BTS: Jimin and his boat cap come to our rescue on this gloomy Thursday; Jiminie's '13' tattoo makes appearance - PINKVILLA - August 30th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Ink Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027) by Type, End User and Region. - Galus Australis - August 28th, 2020
- Dozens of mask complaints filed against Muncie-area businesses - The Star Press - August 24th, 2020
- In April, this educator lost her mother to COVID. Now NYC wants her to go back to work. - ABC News - August 22nd, 2020
- Daisy Johnson: Agents Of SHIELD Superhero! Know All About Her And Her Real Life! - The Tech Education - August 19th, 2020
- Breast Implants Market to Reach $3.05 Billion by 2027; Technological Intervention Has Played a Massive Role in Market Growth, says Fortune Business... - August 19th, 2020
- Smart Tattoo Market Growth Rate Forecasts to 2026 by Trending Industry Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications- MOTOROLA CORPORATION, Google... - August 19th, 2020
- 5 questions for Scott Gottlieb, Rick Hess, and Michael Strain on the next stage of the COVID pandemic - American Enterprise Institute - August 19th, 2020
- Welcome to the CPP (Crony Payment Plan) - The Platte County Landmark Newspaper - August 14th, 2020
- From piercing to pediatrics; Fargo doctor takes an inspiring career path - INFORUM - August 13th, 2020