Tarot cards have been used for divination for centuries and today, many individuals continue to look to them for insight. Tattoo collectors from around the world have found an affinity to tarot reading and have developed special connections with specific cards. Take a look at our break down of the Major and Minor Arcana illustrated through tattoos in the gallery below, then let us know your favorite tarot card in the comments section on social media.
The Major Arcana consists of 22 cards that are the foundation of the deck. They tell a story of human enlightenment, beginning with the naive Fool and ending with the fulfilled World. Each card has a distinctive meaning, which changes depending on if the card is drawn upright or in reverse.
Upright: New beginnings, adventures, opportunities and possibilities.
Reversed: A bad decision, thoughtlessness and hesitation.
Upright: Creativity, originality and skill.
Reversed: Insecurity and lack of creativity.
Upright: Knowledge, wisdom and learning.
Reversed: Ignorance, lack of understanding and repression of intuition.
Upright: Development, accomplishment and motherhood.
Reversed: Indecision, dependence and inaction.
Upright: Authority, aggression and fatherhood.
Reversed: Tyranny, immaturity and lack of stability.
Upright: Tradition, conformity and compassion.
Reversed: Unconventionality, rebellion and vulnerability.
Upright: Love, harmony and duality.
Reversed: Imbalance, unreliability and disharmony.
Upright: Perseverance, willpower and journey.
Reversed: Lack of control, failure and aggression.
Upright: Strength, courage and bravery.
Reversed: Weakness, insecurity and pettiness.
Upright: Search for truth, concentration and patience.
Reversed: Rashness, foolishness and immaturity.
Upright: Destiny, change and fate.
Reversed: No control, loss and bad luck.
Upright: Truth, reason and balance.
Reversed: Dishonesty, bias and unfairness.
Upright: Sacrifice, release and rebirth.
Reversed: Stalling, resistance and false prophecies.
Upright: Transformation, ends and new beginnings.
Reversed: Immobility, fear of change and decay.
Upright: Patience, harmony and fusion.
Reversed: Extremes, imbalance and conflict.
Upright: Addiction, temptation and ambitions.
Reversed: Freedom, release and enlightenment.
Upright: Disaster, massive change and chaos.
Reversed: Fear of change and personal transformation.
Upright: Faith, optimism and hope.
Reversed: Disappointment, bad luck and insecurity.
Upright: Unconsciousness, illusion and intuition.
Reversed: Confusion, fear and repressed emotion.
Upright: Success, positivity and joy.
Reversed: Unhappiness, doubt and negativity.
Upright: Reflection, renewal and reckoning.
Reversed: Doubt, self-loathing and lack of awareness.
Upright: Completion, harmony and accomplishment.
Reversed: Lack of closure and imperfection.
While the Major Arcana teach us big picture lessons, the 56 Minor Arcana cards shed light on our daily experiences. They're split into four suits: wands, cups, swords and pentacles. Each suit has 14 cards (the same as a standard deck of playing cards) and each suit relates to a different life experience.
These cards represent energy, motivation, passion, creativity and inspiration.
Tattoo by Sad Amish
These cards represent emotions, relationships, intuition and connections.
These cards represent action, power, truth and thoughts.
Tattoo by Lozzy Bones
These cards represent material possessions, money, work and career.
Read the original here:
- Newport City Council will host their next regular meeting on December 9, here's what's on the agenda - What'sUpNewp - December 3rd, 2020
- Is Chris Nez Married? Who is Chris Nez's Wife? Does He Have Kids? - The Cinemaholic - December 3rd, 2020
- Best of Cleveland: Arts & Entertainment 2020 | Arts & Entertainment - Cleveland Scene - December 3rd, 2020
- 10 She-Ra Tattoos That Show Off The Power Of Greyskull | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 28th, 2020
- Once Upon a Time There Were 15 Magical Tattoos - INKED - November 25th, 2020
- Norfolk police arrest woman in connection to killing on Granby Street; man wanted for murder - 13newsnow.com WVEC - November 23rd, 2020
- 25 Festive Thanksgiving Tattoos - INKED - November 23rd, 2020
- There's so much more than shopping to enjoy at Miracle Mile Shops in Las Vegas - Lasvegasmagazine - November 23rd, 2020
- 25 'The Godfather' Tattoos You Can't Refuse - INKED - November 21st, 2020
- 55 Impressive 'Looney Tunes' Tattoos - INKED - November 21st, 2020
- Best Bets: Highlights of this weekend's local entertainment calendar for Nov. 20, 2020 - Ocala - November 21st, 2020
- Nick McMaster combines his passions for tattoos and art at Cinder and Sea - Monday Mag - November 21st, 2020
- Laurel teen endured multiple surgeries. Then his wish came true. - Hattiesburg American - November 16th, 2020
- JoCo's latest pandemic health order is now in effect Here are the key details - Shawnee Mission Post - November 16th, 2020
- An Inked Guide to Symbolism Within Japanese Tattoos - INKED - November 10th, 2020
- David Beckham's Son Brooklyn Is the Latest Celebrity Kid to Reveal a Face Tattoo - Yahoo Entertainment - November 8th, 2020
- Brooklyn, son of David Beckham, is the latest popular child to reveal a face tattoo - DodoFinance - November 4th, 2020
- First stand-alone tattoo parlor to open in Arlington Heights - Chicago Daily Herald - November 4th, 2020
- UT Art Professor Takes Experimental Passion to Another Level - Minaret - November 4th, 2020
- One Year Later: Remembering The Downtown Sinkhole That Swallowed A Port Authority Bus - CBS Pittsburgh - October 30th, 2020
- Fashion hits and misses from the 2020 CMT Music Awards | Gallery - Wonderwall - October 22nd, 2020
- The Moms Guide to Marfa - SheKnows - October 21st, 2020
- Tattoos through British history on display at Carlisle's Tullie House in conjunction with National Maritime Museum Cornwall - NW Evening Mail - October 19th, 2020
- The Winners Of The 2020 Readers' Choice Awards - Louisville Eccentric Observer - October 19th, 2020
- Hunter S. Thompson legacy lives on in Aspen; new 'Freak Power' film follows 1970 campaign for sheriff - Aspen Daily News - October 17th, 2020
- These Werewolf Tattoos Will Make You Howl at the Moon - INKED - October 14th, 2020
- 10 Real Life Princess Peach Tattoos That Are Adorable | TheGamer - TheGamer - October 14th, 2020
- Before They Were Tatted: 10 Rockers Before + After Their Tattoos - Loudwire - October 14th, 2020
- Backstage artists find a spotlight helping to keep theaters and themselves afloat during pandemic - STLtoday.com - September 25th, 2020
- Are you one of the people getting a tattoo in Sheffield over the last 25 years in our retro gallery? - Derbyshire Times - September 23rd, 2020
- How Did The Queen React to Her Punk Portrait? - Al-Bawaba - September 22nd, 2020
- 9/23 scenes and screens - The Rice Thresher - September 22nd, 2020
- The Queen asks artist to change his punk portrait of her because she didnt like the neck tattoo - The Sun - September 22nd, 2020
- The Broken Hearts Gallery Stars Talk Grand Romantic Gestures, Karaoke, and Modern Romance - POPSUGAR - September 12th, 2020
- Several industries open next week without "limited capacity" defined - Mission Local - September 12th, 2020
- Justin Bieber & His Wife Hailey Sure Love to Eat Sushi! - Just Jared Jr. - September 12th, 2020
- Slowly, and responsibly, returning to the South End gallery scene - The Boston Globe - September 11th, 2020
- Talking Tattoos campaign to shed light on the vibrant tattoo culture in Cumbria - Cumbria Crack - September 1st, 2020
- 7 Tattoo Gallery | Newark (Ironbound) Tattoo Shop - September 1st, 2020
- I Love Trying to Make the Viewer Self-Conscious: How Rising Star Jenna Gribbon Paints the Feelings of Seeing and Being Seen - artnet News - September 1st, 2020
- Art Is Hope: Why Zadig & Voltaire is Collaborating with Emerging Creatives - Daily Front Row - August 28th, 2020
- Say a Prayer and Get a Sacred Heart Tattoo - INKED - August 28th, 2020
- Great Outfits in Fashion History (Beauty Edition): A Butterfly-Covered Billy Porter at the Critics' Choice Awards - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 25th, 2020
- World Tattoo Gallery | Tattoo website with Best Tattoos - August 24th, 2020
- Tattoos,Piercings, 100% Disposable, Tattoo Removal,Custom ... - August 24th, 2020
- Photo Diary: Two Days at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the Midst of a Pandemic - Consequence of Sound - August 20th, 2020
- Sarah Boris on how the pandemic has changed her life, and why we all need to take a step back from work - Creative Boom - August 19th, 2020
- Long Beach tattoo studio reopens in protest of governor's closures the Hi-lo - Long Beach Post - August 19th, 2020
- Kendall Jenner Has 2 Tattoos She Loves, but 1 She Regrets Here's What They Mean - POPSUGAR - August 17th, 2020
- These Tattoos are Worth the Climb - INKED - August 12th, 2020
- Rethinking the art of Oceania - Apollo Magazine - August 12th, 2020
- Beauty Salons, Tattoo Parlours and Spas to Reopen from 13th July - Gizmodo UK - July 15th, 2020
- 40+ Actors Who Got Tattoos for Movies and TV Shows - INKED - July 15th, 2020
- Tattoo pictures gallery, tattoos images and photos ... - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo Designs Gallery of Artwork and Videos | Custom ... - September 13th, 2019
- Best tattoo designs and ideas, tattoos for men and women - September 13th, 2019