Elaborate hand tattoos have been popular amongst male football players and singers for decades. But a new trend of intricate and dainty hand designs have taken over the internet in recent years with the likes of Rihanna and Hailey Bieber embracing the strategically-placed ink. And its not hard to see why hand tattoos for women are on the rise.
'It seems to have become a thing that people from all walks of life can get into,' says Charlie Wulfbaron, Tattoo Artist at South City Market. 'With the rise of celebrities and public figures sporting visible hand tattoos, to tattoo models becoming a lot more mainstream than they once were. Weve come to realise that visible tattoos dont affect the person, and that its another way we can express ourselves and show a little more of our identity.'
The healing process of every tattoo is different, especially as we all heal at different speeds and getting a hand tattoo is no different. Charlie advises 'keeping them super clean, moisturised (theres a variety of tattoo creams out there), and pay attention to them a little. The healing process can make all the difference in how your tattoo will look once healed. If you let it scab too much, pick at it, and wash it with a harsh cleaner or anything like that it can lose its vibrancy.'
From Zo Kravitzs teeny tiny bits of hand tattoo artwork, to Ariana Grande's statement inkings, there's a Hollywood-approved hand tattoo design for everyone.
Read on for the delicate hand tattoo designs encouraging you to re-think illustrating your fingertips...
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Despite recently getting a new last name following her marriage to Justin Bieber, Hailey and her cousin Ireland got matching 'Baldwin' hand tattoos so their family's surname can, at very least, live on in ink form.
Because who doesn't love a Beauty And The Beast reference?
Make sure to never rely on just Google Translate before getting anything in a different language.
Because you're as free as a bird.
There's no denying your age once it's inked on your hand.
Lana Del Rey
The 'Lust For Life' singer has a tattoo on each hand. On the side of her left hand, Del Rey has the phrase 'trust no one' tattooed and on the right side another reads 'paradise'.
The Grammy-award winning singer has explained her inkings in several interviews, recently telling the German magazine Der Spiegel: 'Death and paradise for me are linked.
'I expect after my death, something that is very calm and relaxed. This can already be described as paradise. It is so loaded with meaning. I just like the word "paradise". I even tattooed it on my hand.'
Mrs Bieber is the queen of hand tattoos, with her dainty moon and star designs.
For those committed to emojis.
For those that don't want to make a statement but still want to get on board with the trend.
So subtle they could almost be mistaken for tiny moles.
100% easier to keep intact than an actual plant - we guarantee.
The model-turned-actress has numerous tattoos now but this lion on her right index finger was her first in 2013. According to the British star, the inking represents her astrological sign, which of course, is a Leo.
Revealing her tattoo on Instagram for the first time, Delevingne tagged both celebrity tattoo artist Bang Bang and her BFF Rihanna in the post.
'My first tattoo!! Lions rule! Thank you so much @bangbangnyc @badgalriri,' she captioned the post.
An intricate pattern statement.
The more intricate and detailed, the better.
The perfect coffee cup companion.
A modern update on a marriage classic.
The fashion equivalent of racing stripes.
Can easily be covered up by a cocktail ring as and when you please.
The perfect pairing for a fresh mani.
The fashion influencer is almost running out of space for tattoos on her hands but her most recent addition is a portrait of her son Leo (with added angel wings) located at the base of her right hand.
Taking star signs to a whole new level.
Connect the dots, but make it fashion.
Make a small but intricate statement.
Perfectly paired with a hand full of rings.
Arguably the queen of celebrity tattoos, the Fenty Beauty founder was the trend setter of the 'Shhh...' tattoo on the inner finger in 2008.
Most recently the singer got a traditional Maori tattoo, which involves using chisels made from shark teeth to insert the ink into the skin, rather than a needle (as painful as it sounds we imagine).
However, not overly happy with the results, BadGal Riri had her go-to artist Bang Bang, go over the design with a more eccentric and detailed pattern.
Perfect for those who can't choose between their favourite animals.
Opt for white ink instead of black if you want to keep your tattoo under the radar.
The soon-to-be Catwoman actress has a few micro tattoos dotted around her hands including a depiction of a crown, moon and the words 'Lola' and 'Wolf' spelled out across each finger, inspired by the names of her sister and brother.
You'll need a ruler for this one.
In the style of Lana De Rey, the 'Hello' singer has 'Paradise' inked on the side of her left hand.
The British singer also has the name of her son - Angelo- tattooed on her right hand.
The possibilities are endless.
The You actress has the word 'Honey' tattooed in between her thumb and index finger on her left hand.
The eldest of the Beckham clan is racking up a large number of tattoos.
He has three on one hand featuring, a set of angel wings, his mum's birth year and the number '7' on his pinky finger.
So much to say but so little space.
The singer has at least seven inkings on her right hand alone.
The 'Malibu' singer has 'BAD' tattooed on the inside of her middle finger, dedicated to the late Michael Jackson, and numerous other symbols such as a heart, watermelon and an eye among her collection.
The Game of Thrones star got a tiny bumble bee tattoo on her pinky finger in 2015 in honour of her role in 'Me Before You', where her character Lou had the same tattoo inked.
For those that constantly have to remember how old they are.
Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.
The 'Thank U, Next' singer is a big fan of a hand tattoo.
Her biggest is a moon and stars design which she got right after accepting her Billboard Women of the Year award in 2018. Grande also has an olive branch on her left thumb, an outline of a cloud and heart and an 'A' on her right thumb.
Must be a sure way to get a job at NASA.
The Glee star has a (very relatable) cup of coffee tattooed on the inside of her finger. According to the actress, the inking is dedicated to her grandma who have her her first taste of caffeine at eight years old.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
- Covid: Southend beautician fined after police discover her working | Echo - Echo - February 20th, 2021
- Thanks to Rawiri Waititi, Wearing a Tie Is Now Optional in New Zealands Parliament - Teen Vogue - February 13th, 2021
- I talk about Botox as a gateway drug: the changing face of the beauty business - Sydney Morning Herald - February 13th, 2021
- SA tattoo artist to the stars on taking his skill abroad - News24 - February 13th, 2021
- Summerside, P.E.I. woman competing to be Inked Magazine cover girl - The Journal Pioneer - February 10th, 2021
- I was fired 30 mins into my dream job because of my tattoos my family hate them & people shout abuse but I w - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Man arrested after drugging and tattooing four sex slaves with his name before forcing them into prost - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Capitol Riot Prompts A Reckoning Over Extremism In The Ranks - NPR - February 10th, 2021
- With Pastel Devil Studio, these artists are reimagining today's tattoo parlor - St. Louis Magazine - February 6th, 2021
- Brisbane sex slave ring accused face court over allegations of prostitution - 7NEWS.com.au - February 6th, 2021
- ED'S DESK: Bogan Evil-Doers With Tenuous Links To Ivan Milat Thrill Court Watchers With 'Matching White Forensic Jumpsuits' And 'Forlorn Expressions'... - February 4th, 2021
- 2 Green Country Women Share Stories Through Tattoo Ink; Competing In National Contest - News On 6 - February 2nd, 2021
- Cops investigated kidnappings, extortions, teen runaways across California. Victims all ended up at same motel, forced into sex trafficking, feds say... - January 30th, 2021
- Face tattoos give Indigenous woman a chance to reclaim traditional form of self-expression - CBC.ca - January 24th, 2021
- Dustin Poiriers 27 tattoos and their meanings after getting his first aged 14 ahead of UFC fight with Conor M - The Irish Sun - January 24th, 2021
- Holly Willoughby winces in horror as UKs most tattooed woman reveals inking in intimate area on This Morni - The Sun - January 20th, 2021
- The mum looking to fully cover her body in tattoos by the time she is 40 - Lancs Live - January 20th, 2021
- Cape Cod people of color have renewed hope with Biden-Harris inauguration - Cape Cod Times - January 20th, 2021
- Why the far-right and white supremecists have embraced the Middle Ages and their symbols - The Conversation AU - January 15th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal (English) - January 9th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal.com - January 5th, 2021
- Walker's Point women-led tattoo shop spends grand opening giving away proceeds to charity - WTMJ-TV - January 5th, 2021
- Women Get Tattoos of Stefon Diggs Name on Their Bodies, But He Doesn't Claim Any of Them - BlackSportsOnline - January 5th, 2021
- 25 Feather Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - December 27th, 2020
- Tattoo artist raped vulnerable client and sexually assaulted five others - Cheshire Live - December 25th, 2020
- 'Depraved' tattoo artist raped woman and sexually assaulted five others while performing work on them - Manchester Evening News - December 23rd, 2020
- The Interview Gift Guide That Gives Back - Interview - December 23rd, 2020
- Kalie Shorr Is as Bad as She Wants to Be In My Voice Video - Sounds Like Nashville - December 16th, 2020
- The Women Faced Off to Play Soccer. One Team Lost Because of Hair Dye. - The New York Times - December 11th, 2020
- Three Oaks wants INKED to raise awareness - Toronto Star - December 10th, 2020
- Meet the new couples of '90 Day Fianc' - CNN - December 9th, 2020
- Sunday Funday Moment: Local woman-owned business celebrating 10th anniversary with virtual Loteria party. - KVIA El Paso - November 30th, 2020
- The day my Indian mother confronted me about my tattoo - SBS - November 26th, 2020
- Women and Minorities Value, Perceive, and Experience Professionalism Differently than Their Peers - Newswise - November 26th, 2020
- I studied 5,000 phone images: objects were more popular than people, but women took way more selfies - The Conversation AU - November 25th, 2020
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals Why She Doesn't Have Any Tattoos - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 23rd, 2020
- Gassed in their cells, begging for food at Auckland Womens prison - RNZ - November 23rd, 2020
- Watch Lindsey Vonn Talk About Tattoos, Body Image, And Her Worst Injury In This 'Body Scan' Video - Women's Health - November 21st, 2020
- Pike River Mine: The women still bonded by tragedy a decade on - Newshub - November 18th, 2020
- OPINION: Tattoos are a way to express creativity - The Daily Evergreen - November 12th, 2020
- Fox Maxy discusses land and Indigenous people in his films - Daily Northwestern - November 12th, 2020
- Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. says to reach out to hear veterans stories at Madison County, NY Veterans Day ceremony - Utica Observer Dispatch - November 12th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 8th, 2020
- Meet the Artist Behind the Lighting Bolt Design That Has Become the Symbol of Womens Rights in an Increasingly Oppressive Poland - artnet News - November 5th, 2020
- Body of woman dumped in Inanda who had her throat slit and hands chopped off yet to be identified - Independent Online - November 5th, 2020
- 65 Cute Small Tattoos For Women: Tiny Tattoo Ideas (2020 ... - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoos For Women An Ultimate Guide to Tattoo Beauty - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Artist Teamed Up with Local Print Shop to Help Raise Money for Charities that Support Black Lives Matter During Ongoing Pandemic - Printing... - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Artists of Color on Working With Dark Skin - Allure - November 4th, 2020
- Sean Connery: Why women loved this James Bond - THE WEEK - November 1st, 2020
- 6 Women Share the Tattoos Inspired By Their Breast Cancer Diagnosis - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 31st, 2020
- Ronald Hall, Worcester man accused of human trafficking, kept women addicted to drugs and had his nickname ta - MassLive.com - October 31st, 2020
- Carla Was Diagnosed with Breast Cancer So were Her Sisters and Daughters in Remarkable Case of 'Family History' - Baptist Health South Florida - October 28th, 2020
- Death-Defying Shotzi Blackheart Is a Perfect Choice to Revive the Beloved Halloween Havoc - Sports Illustrated - October 28th, 2020
- Diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Answers to Common Questions About Radiation - Chicago Health - October 28th, 2020
- 14 Incredibly Inspiring Breast Cancer Tattoos - Prevention.com - October 24th, 2020
- Watch Jordyn Woods Talk About Her 17 Piercings And 8 Tattoos In This New Video - Women's Health - October 22nd, 2020
- Think twice before getting that tattoo: It can cause your body to overheat - TheHealthSite - October 22nd, 2020
- Breast reconstruction: Are 3D nipple tattoos right for you? - Baylor College of Medicine News - October 22nd, 2020
- How COVID-19 changed the tattoo industry. - Newcity Design - October 22nd, 2020
- The Vow Season 2: What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack, and More NXIVM Key Players - Fort Leavenworth Lamp - October 19th, 2020
- 'I get a charge out of helping people': Breast cancer survivor finds way to give back to others - The Stanly News & Press - Stanly News &... - October 17th, 2020
- 40 Taunts By Desi Aunties That Make Young Single Women Go WTF - SheThePeople - October 17th, 2020
- Mike Tyson's Tribal Face Tattoo Got a Wild Reaction From a Woman in the Tribe - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 16th, 2020
- The Link Between the Disappearances of Two North Texas African American Women - Local Profile - October 16th, 2020
- 'Trick-or-Treat from 6 Feet' offers fun way to give out Halloween candy - WBAL TV Baltimore - October 16th, 2020
- Mike Tyson Almost Got an Even Crazier Tattoo on His Face Thankfully He Didn't - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 16th, 2020
- Far-flung face of poverty fight - Chinadaily.com.cn - Chinadaily USA - October 10th, 2020
- Woman testifies about talk of sex, witchcraft and killing during relationship with Trail, Boswell - KOLN - October 8th, 2020
- Erin Andrews Is Learning to Be Patient! - Greenwich Time - October 8th, 2020
- Fans are shocked to see Chris Evans' torso covered in tattoos in a video of him backflipping into a pool - Business Insider India - October 8th, 2020
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Tattoos aiding in recovery - NBC Right Now - October 8th, 2020
- Peter Andre shows off his scarred face for new film role with co-star Fredi Nwaka - The Sun - October 8th, 2020
- Man arrested in Camden deaths of woman, her son; search led to California - Arkansas Online - October 8th, 2020
- It was a cultural reset: A short history of the ABG aesthetic - i-D - October 8th, 2020
- The taboo around tattoos - The Aquinian - October 5th, 2020
- Keeping Up With The Alumni: Featuring Liz Hogan - Sports Illustrated - October 4th, 2020
- 25 Popular Forearm Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 2nd, 2020
- Dunedin tattoo artist helps guide transition for breast cancer survivors - Tampa Bay Newspapers - October 2nd, 2020
- Does Taylor Swift Have Any Tattoos? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 2nd, 2020