Here atThe Style Up, we have compiled a list of the most amazing tattoos for women.
We even explain the meanings behind these special tattoos.
Read on to see some awesome female tattoos with their symbols and meanings!
Feminine tattoos have come a long way from being regarded as just a declaration of rebellion.
Tattoos for women have been endorsed by many cool celebrities these days, which have made them even more popular amongst todays generation of stylish and attention-seeking women and girls.
Also, with a great number of global celebrities bearing different kinds of tattoos, they have become socially acceptable for women in the past two decades or so.
Therefore, you will find an equal number of women following this trend as with men, because there is nothing uncool about girls and women having tattoos today, rather they are regarded as the fashion statement of the person bearing them.
Since ancient times, the body of a woman has been regarded as a sacred creation of God and she has been worshipped as an icon of power and strength.
That is why people have been using various forms of embellishments to beautify the bodies of women.
Various tattoos designs for women are used at different places on their body to make them more beautiful and to attract attention of the onlookers, which are the primary purposes of tattoo art.
Most of the designs created on women are delicate and feminine as compared to men, who like to flaunt large, prominent and masculine designs. Like the women themselves, the tattoo designs etched on them represent love, beauty and femininity and their placement should be chosen with care.
These tattoos are to be positioned in such a manner that their beauty as well as symbolic meaning is enhanced and the female tattoo is prominent without being loud. Many girls and women like to have tattoos etched on their chest, shoulders, back, side, stomach, arms, legs, thighs, spine, neck, wrist, sleeve, ankles, back of the neck and behind the ear. Very small designs are done in the form of finger tattoos for women.
Larger designs look good on the thigh, stomach, side and lower back, as they offer more space to have the design drawn on it. The placement of the tattoo should be such that the design is highlighted enough to grab the attention of the others and at the same time should be easy enough to conceal when the need arises, for professional reasons or otherwise.
Tattoos are a permanent form of body art, which are very hard to get rid of once made a part of the body. Therefore, the design as well as placement of a tattoo design should be chosen with great care due to the permanent nature of the tattoos.
Basically, women need to choose tattoo designs which are delicate and feminine, yet they should also have a special symbolic value to convey the attitude and emotions of the bearer. Here are some of the most popular tattoo designs for women, which have been classified on the basis of elements used in making these unique designs for female tattoos:
Flowers are one of the most beautiful and exquisite creations of nature, just like women. They represent love, purity, innocence and attraction, which make them the top choice for tattoo designs in women. Some of the most popular floral designs are the ones which bear flowers like rose, lotus, daffodil, sunflowers and cherry blossoms.
While each of the flowers has its own symbolic value, the general appeal behind floral designs lies in the purity and femininity of the designs. These tattoos can be done in traditional black ink or a range of vibrant colors, depending upon the choice of the bearer.
Also, the size and placement of the design will determine whether the design will feature a single flower or a bunch of them. Certain other design elements like bees, butterflies, leaves and thorns can be combines with the basic floral design to add to its symbolic value. Some names or text can also be included in the design.
Like floral patterns, butterflies too make one of the most popular design elements for feminine tattoo designs. These alluring little insects add color and brilliance to life as they catch attention wherever they go. Similarly, a woman who sports a colorful butterfly tattoo is bound to be the center of attraction wherever she goes.
At the same time, butterflies stand for change and transition, as they come out of the ugly cocoon stage to become the most beautiful creatures on the earth. Women, particularly young girls, love to have this eye catching design, etched on various parts of their bodies. Most of the time, they are inked in vibrant colors and combined with floral designs.
Tribal tattoos have been rich in legend and history, in addition to being revered for their amazing and scintillating designs. Many tribal designs feature age old tribal elements such as the dreamcatcher and feathers.
A dream catcher is a tribal devise made of a circular piece of woven net adorned with colored beads or feathers. It was used as a tribal tradition to attract good dreams and repel bad ones. The dream catcher has been carried forward in tribal tattoo art as a symbol of good dreams and optimism and women love to have the trendy design etched on them till date.
Heart has always been a symbol of love and passion and this is why hearts have made an important place in feminine tattoo designs as women love to express their emotions and there is no better way to do that than t have a heart tattoo inked. Heart tattoos can include the name of their loved ones or some special quotes which they would like to express and make the design more meaningful.
Celestial bodies like stars, sun and moon are also usually seen as a part of tattoo designs for women as they not only look beautiful but signify divinity, beauty and strength too, which every women would like to express through tattoo designs.
Some women may like to opt for zodiac tattoos which are chosen on the basis of her zodiac sign. These tattoos define the general traits of a particular zodiac sign which they are linked too and are used by women to bring out their personality as well as attitude.
Birds stand for freedom and flight, which the woman of today personifies. She wants to be a free bird and live life as she wants to. This is the reason why bird tattoos are making one of the most popular choices of tattoos among the women of today.
In addition to these designs, there is a countless variety in the tattoo design ideas for women as tattoo artists as well as tattoo lovers are constantly working on bringing out innovative concepts and ideas in tattoo designing. Some other popular design elements used in feminine designs are ribbons, bows, anchor, dragon fly, fairies, arrow, spiders, skull, music, koi fish and snake tattoos. Some women also love to bear ornamental tattoos such as wedding band tattoos on their fingers and bracelet tattoos on their wrists. The best thing about such tattoos is that they are less expensive as compared to jewelry and there is no fear of loss.
The popularity of tattoos on women is attributed to the women celebrities who are bearing a lot many of such designs. Among the global female celebrities who have been spotted with some amazing tattoo designs are Katy Perry, Amber Rose, Megan Fox, Kendall Jenner, Miley Cyrus, Angelina Jolie, Pink and Rihanna, to name just a few.
For better user experience we split the collection in several pages, please find pagination in the end to proceed on next pages.
The rest is here:
- Covid: Southend beautician fined after police discover her working | Echo - Echo - February 20th, 2021
- Thanks to Rawiri Waititi, Wearing a Tie Is Now Optional in New Zealands Parliament - Teen Vogue - February 13th, 2021
- I talk about Botox as a gateway drug: the changing face of the beauty business - Sydney Morning Herald - February 13th, 2021
- SA tattoo artist to the stars on taking his skill abroad - News24 - February 13th, 2021
- Summerside, P.E.I. woman competing to be Inked Magazine cover girl - The Journal Pioneer - February 10th, 2021
- I was fired 30 mins into my dream job because of my tattoos my family hate them & people shout abuse but I w - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Man arrested after drugging and tattooing four sex slaves with his name before forcing them into prost - The Irish Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Capitol Riot Prompts A Reckoning Over Extremism In The Ranks - NPR - February 10th, 2021
- With Pastel Devil Studio, these artists are reimagining today's tattoo parlor - St. Louis Magazine - February 6th, 2021
- Brisbane sex slave ring accused face court over allegations of prostitution - 7NEWS.com.au - February 6th, 2021
- ED'S DESK: Bogan Evil-Doers With Tenuous Links To Ivan Milat Thrill Court Watchers With 'Matching White Forensic Jumpsuits' And 'Forlorn Expressions'... - February 4th, 2021
- 2 Green Country Women Share Stories Through Tattoo Ink; Competing In National Contest - News On 6 - February 2nd, 2021
- Cops investigated kidnappings, extortions, teen runaways across California. Victims all ended up at same motel, forced into sex trafficking, feds say... - January 30th, 2021
- Face tattoos give Indigenous woman a chance to reclaim traditional form of self-expression - CBC.ca - January 24th, 2021
- Dustin Poiriers 27 tattoos and their meanings after getting his first aged 14 ahead of UFC fight with Conor M - The Irish Sun - January 24th, 2021
- Holly Willoughby winces in horror as UKs most tattooed woman reveals inking in intimate area on This Morni - The Sun - January 20th, 2021
- The mum looking to fully cover her body in tattoos by the time she is 40 - Lancs Live - January 20th, 2021
- Cape Cod people of color have renewed hope with Biden-Harris inauguration - Cape Cod Times - January 20th, 2021
- Why the far-right and white supremecists have embraced the Middle Ages and their symbols - The Conversation AU - January 15th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal (English) - January 9th, 2021
- Raheem Sterling's tattoos explained: What do they mean and where are they on his body? - Goal.com - January 5th, 2021
- Walker's Point women-led tattoo shop spends grand opening giving away proceeds to charity - WTMJ-TV - January 5th, 2021
- Women Get Tattoos of Stefon Diggs Name on Their Bodies, But He Doesn't Claim Any of Them - BlackSportsOnline - January 5th, 2021
- 25 Feather Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - December 27th, 2020
- Tattoo artist raped vulnerable client and sexually assaulted five others - Cheshire Live - December 25th, 2020
- 'Depraved' tattoo artist raped woman and sexually assaulted five others while performing work on them - Manchester Evening News - December 23rd, 2020
- The Interview Gift Guide That Gives Back - Interview - December 23rd, 2020
- Kalie Shorr Is as Bad as She Wants to Be In My Voice Video - Sounds Like Nashville - December 16th, 2020
- The Women Faced Off to Play Soccer. One Team Lost Because of Hair Dye. - The New York Times - December 11th, 2020
- Three Oaks wants INKED to raise awareness - Toronto Star - December 10th, 2020
- Meet the new couples of '90 Day Fianc' - CNN - December 9th, 2020
- Sunday Funday Moment: Local woman-owned business celebrating 10th anniversary with virtual Loteria party. - KVIA El Paso - November 30th, 2020
- The day my Indian mother confronted me about my tattoo - SBS - November 26th, 2020
- Women and Minorities Value, Perceive, and Experience Professionalism Differently than Their Peers - Newswise - November 26th, 2020
- I studied 5,000 phone images: objects were more popular than people, but women took way more selfies - The Conversation AU - November 25th, 2020
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals Why She Doesn't Have Any Tattoos - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 23rd, 2020
- Gassed in their cells, begging for food at Auckland Womens prison - RNZ - November 23rd, 2020
- Watch Lindsey Vonn Talk About Tattoos, Body Image, And Her Worst Injury In This 'Body Scan' Video - Women's Health - November 21st, 2020
- Pike River Mine: The women still bonded by tragedy a decade on - Newshub - November 18th, 2020
- OPINION: Tattoos are a way to express creativity - The Daily Evergreen - November 12th, 2020
- Fox Maxy discusses land and Indigenous people in his films - Daily Northwestern - November 12th, 2020
- Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. says to reach out to hear veterans stories at Madison County, NY Veterans Day ceremony - Utica Observer Dispatch - November 12th, 2020
- 50 Best Hand Tattoos For Women - Inspiration From Rihanna To Cara - elle.com - November 12th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 8th, 2020
- Meet the Artist Behind the Lighting Bolt Design That Has Become the Symbol of Womens Rights in an Increasingly Oppressive Poland - artnet News - November 5th, 2020
- Body of woman dumped in Inanda who had her throat slit and hands chopped off yet to be identified - Independent Online - November 5th, 2020
- 65 Cute Small Tattoos For Women: Tiny Tattoo Ideas (2020 ... - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Artist Teamed Up with Local Print Shop to Help Raise Money for Charities that Support Black Lives Matter During Ongoing Pandemic - Printing... - November 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Artists of Color on Working With Dark Skin - Allure - November 4th, 2020
- Sean Connery: Why women loved this James Bond - THE WEEK - November 1st, 2020
- 6 Women Share the Tattoos Inspired By Their Breast Cancer Diagnosis - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 31st, 2020
- Ronald Hall, Worcester man accused of human trafficking, kept women addicted to drugs and had his nickname ta - MassLive.com - October 31st, 2020
- Carla Was Diagnosed with Breast Cancer So were Her Sisters and Daughters in Remarkable Case of 'Family History' - Baptist Health South Florida - October 28th, 2020
- Death-Defying Shotzi Blackheart Is a Perfect Choice to Revive the Beloved Halloween Havoc - Sports Illustrated - October 28th, 2020
- Diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Answers to Common Questions About Radiation - Chicago Health - October 28th, 2020
- 14 Incredibly Inspiring Breast Cancer Tattoos - Prevention.com - October 24th, 2020
- Watch Jordyn Woods Talk About Her 17 Piercings And 8 Tattoos In This New Video - Women's Health - October 22nd, 2020
- Think twice before getting that tattoo: It can cause your body to overheat - TheHealthSite - October 22nd, 2020
- Breast reconstruction: Are 3D nipple tattoos right for you? - Baylor College of Medicine News - October 22nd, 2020
- How COVID-19 changed the tattoo industry. - Newcity Design - October 22nd, 2020
- The Vow Season 2: What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack, and More NXIVM Key Players - Fort Leavenworth Lamp - October 19th, 2020
- 'I get a charge out of helping people': Breast cancer survivor finds way to give back to others - The Stanly News & Press - Stanly News &... - October 17th, 2020
- 40 Taunts By Desi Aunties That Make Young Single Women Go WTF - SheThePeople - October 17th, 2020
- Mike Tyson's Tribal Face Tattoo Got a Wild Reaction From a Woman in the Tribe - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 16th, 2020
- The Link Between the Disappearances of Two North Texas African American Women - Local Profile - October 16th, 2020
- 'Trick-or-Treat from 6 Feet' offers fun way to give out Halloween candy - WBAL TV Baltimore - October 16th, 2020
- Mike Tyson Almost Got an Even Crazier Tattoo on His Face Thankfully He Didn't - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 16th, 2020
- Far-flung face of poverty fight - Chinadaily.com.cn - Chinadaily USA - October 10th, 2020
- Woman testifies about talk of sex, witchcraft and killing during relationship with Trail, Boswell - KOLN - October 8th, 2020
- Erin Andrews Is Learning to Be Patient! - Greenwich Time - October 8th, 2020
- Fans are shocked to see Chris Evans' torso covered in tattoos in a video of him backflipping into a pool - Business Insider India - October 8th, 2020
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Tattoos aiding in recovery - NBC Right Now - October 8th, 2020
- Peter Andre shows off his scarred face for new film role with co-star Fredi Nwaka - The Sun - October 8th, 2020
- Man arrested in Camden deaths of woman, her son; search led to California - Arkansas Online - October 8th, 2020
- It was a cultural reset: A short history of the ABG aesthetic - i-D - October 8th, 2020
- The taboo around tattoos - The Aquinian - October 5th, 2020
- Keeping Up With The Alumni: Featuring Liz Hogan - Sports Illustrated - October 4th, 2020
- 25 Popular Forearm Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 2nd, 2020
- Dunedin tattoo artist helps guide transition for breast cancer survivors - Tampa Bay Newspapers - October 2nd, 2020
- Does Taylor Swift Have Any Tattoos? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 2nd, 2020