Tattoos are a moderately controversial subject. You like them, you dont, or truly you dont care.
Theres something so personal about them, if you dont have them I dont think you should have an opinion but thats just my two cents. I have 18.
My mom considered me heavily tattooed when I only had 16, but for some reason it took those two more for me to maybe consider that I am. But, the editor for the Chimes asked me if I had any tattoos, so now Im thinking that truly Im really not.
Many of my tattoos mean something to me, and the rest are like funky stickers on a Nalgene water bottle, theyre purely for decoration.
Four of them are for my brothers, one for my cousin, another for my grandmother. The rest are for me. I have an ample amount of Hozier lyrics, way too many flowers, fruit, and a tiny ghost. If I really want it eventually Ill get it. So far I have not regretted a single one, and Im thinking I probably wont.
My grandma hates almost all of them, except for the one she finds to be elegant that one was my first. She forgets sometimes how many I have, but she constantly tells me she loves that one. My mom stopped asking me when I would stop getting them, and she started asking me my favorite places to go.
Weird old men always have something to say about my tattoos. Theyll mock me for them as if Im not right in front of them, theyll ask me how my mother feels about them and I get to tell them that my mother has tattoos too, and occasionally Ill get groped in the store by people who want me to stop so they can look at them. A mixture of disgust and distaste slighted by that tone in their voice when they tell me that theyre too afraid or would never know what to get, as if I have anything to do with it.
Some people have incredibly meaningful tattoos, and despite the weird stigma around them, its literally like collecting artyour body is the gallery. This article was originally going to be about rating Capital students and alumnis tattoos, but Id rather appreciate the ones I like the most.
Heather Fryman has a capybara tattoo, and its the cutest freaking tattoo I have ever seen in my life. Its name is Peaches.
Lindsay Schmitt has a butterfly tattoo that symbolizes growth, change, and hope and I have personally gotten a tattoo on the rib area and know that hurts like the worst pain in the world so I am incredibly impressed that she could get one so large. Its also beautifully done.
Blake Randleman has an amazing tattoo in honor of her dog, who sadly passed away. Its a reminder of a lifelong friend that may be lost, but never forgotten.
Andie Cascioli has Dwight Schrute from The Office, as a bear in reference to bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica which is a very iconic scene in the show. I love it so much.
Brooke Taylor has a tattoo that represents her type one diabetes, which is clearly something near and dear to her. T1D is an incredibly hard thing to have, and the power to fight through it amazes me every day.
I have my older brothers signature from the last birthday card he ever got to give to me, and various other meaningful things, on my right arm. Its a reminder to me every time I look down of what Ive experienced. Tattoos can be very powerful and thoughtful, or they can be stupid.
The moral of the story is that if its not your body, why do you care? My sunflower tattoo shouldnt ruin your day. My roommates sun tattoo shouldnt grind your gears. Unless its a really ugly tattoo, maybe keep your mouth shut.
Actually, if its ugly, you should probably still keep your mouth shut.
- I confronted my daughter's boyfriend but I was really confronting myself - The Guardian - October 19th, 2020
- 25 Carefree Bird Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 17th, 2020
- Three men with Canada wide warrants believed to be in Prince George area - My PG Now - October 17th, 2020
- Watch Brazen Burglars Steal Armloads of Laptops from Clovis Store. Police Seek Help to ID Them. - gvwire.com - October 17th, 2020
- Man believed to have Denham Springs ties wanted by Baton Rouge police for recent jewelry store theft - The Livingston Parish News - October 17th, 2020
- John Mayer's Royal Oak is the ultimate in low-key luxury - British GQ - October 17th, 2020
- TSR We Global: Members Of The ARISE News Crew Allege They Were Beaten By Authorities & Cameras Were Confiscated During An #EndSARS Protest... - October 14th, 2020
- Lifeblood say they can't bring in blood donation reforms earlier than 2021 - OUTinPerth - October 14th, 2020
- 10 of the best tattoos in the UFC (Photos) - FanSided - October 10th, 2020
- Proud Boys Rally Possibly Planned For Dolores Park (But Don't Assume These Jokers Are That Organized) - SFist - October 9th, 2020
- This Worcester beauty studio is on a mission to help breast cancer survivors move forward in recovery with a - MassLive.com - October 9th, 2020
- ACLU of Massachusetts will represent Bena Apreala, man stopped by unmarked officers while jogging in West Rox - MassLive.com - October 8th, 2020
- Boston leaders demand answers after Black man is stopped by ICE while jogging in West Roxbury - Boston.com - October 8th, 2020
- This former Rutgers star could have been shot by cops. Now he wants to become one. - NJ.com - October 8th, 2020
- Keeping His Eye on the Movement - INKED - October 8th, 2020
- ACLU Represents West Roxbury Man Stopped By ICE While Jogging - iHeartRadio - October 8th, 2020
- Katie Price admits she always kept a backup man on the side after ex-husband Kieran Hayler cheated on her - The Sun - October 8th, 2020
- Was the German unity celebrated Oct. 3 a good or a bad thing? - People's World - October 7th, 2020
- 'It hurts': Workers grapple with the mental impacts of Alberta's recession - WellandTribune.ca - October 4th, 2020
- 'I don't over think it' - Tarrus Riley on image, masculinity and music - Jamaica Gleaner - October 4th, 2020
- Preying on the Vulnerable: Half of Trafficked Women and Girls Are Immigrants - WTTW News - October 4th, 2020
- Chaplain Norris Burkes: Who's your BFF? - The Union of Grass Valley - October 2nd, 2020
- These are the internet's favorite memes from the first presidential debate of 2020 - NBC News - October 2nd, 2020
- New exhibition: 'Ink in the Lines': the art and meaning of military tattoos - Australian Photography - October 2nd, 2020
- DAWN Describes His Childhood, Relationship With HyunA, Meaning Of His Tattoos, And More - soompi - October 2nd, 2020
- How one man spent 34 years in prison after setting fire to a pair of curtains - The Guardian - October 2nd, 2020
- Katie Price says she's getting boyfriend Carl Woods' face tattooed on her arm after just four months of dating - Brinkwire - October 2nd, 2020
- Trump's election spurred B.C. painter David A. Haughton to focus on evil - Straight.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Bleak Resonance of 'Native Son' | by Gary Younge - The New York Review of Books - October 2nd, 2020
- Katie Price says shes getting boyfriend Carl Woods face tattooed on her arm after just four months of dat - The Sun - September 30th, 2020
- Will Smith Might Be a Superstar but He's Not Good at Everything, According To a Former Co-Star - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 30th, 2020
- Who are the Proud Boys? - Quartz - September 30th, 2020
- Man wanted in Toronto assault that left victim seriously injured: police - Global News - September 30th, 2020
- British Post-Punk Band Idles Are Throwing a Revolution, and Everyone's Invited - The New York Times - September 22nd, 2020
- 'Men get breast cancer too' | Ohio daughters raising awareness about breast cancer in men in honor of their father - WTOL - September 22nd, 2020
- Day 20: If You Live In The Rural West, You Better Fit The Part - KUNR Public Radio - September 22nd, 2020
- 15 Meaningful Dream Catcher Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - September 20th, 2020
- Men ghost me on dating apps when I tell them Im autistic I just want to be accepted - The Sun - September 20th, 2020
- Five Guys a Week, review: irresistibly voyeuristic dating show adheres perfectly to lockdown rules - Telegraph.co.uk - September 20th, 2020
- Final Fantasy XVI: 3 things you might have missed in the trailer - RPG Site - September 20th, 2020
- Miller & Carter turn away two men because their 'chavvy' outfits breach dress code - Somerset Live - September 18th, 2020
- London crime: The faces of 5 men wanted over drugs and firearms offences - My London - September 16th, 2020
- Central American refugees stopped by Trump, then by pandemic - Herald-Whig - September 16th, 2020
- Baltimore murder suspects protected by sanctuary laws, ICE says; 'This is the worst-case scenario' - Fox News - September 16th, 2020
- Pepe the Frog Mutates from a Far Right Meme Into a Lovable, Far Gone Figure in Feels Good Man - The Texas Observer - September 16th, 2020
- Wait, The 'If I Go Missing' Kit From 'A.P. Bio' On Peacock Is A Real, Law Enforcement-Recommended Thing? - Oxygen - September 16th, 2020
- Oconee County sheriffs blotter: Thieves on video, a middle finger and a glob of tobacco dip - Online Athens - September 16th, 2020
- The faces of the 7 most wanted men in the North West - Lancs Live - September 12th, 2020
- Oconee County sheriffs blotter: Thieves on video, a middle finger and a glob of tobacco dip - Savannah Morning News - September 12th, 2020
- Fourteen Martyrs in the Struggle Against Racist Terror and Trumpism-Fascism - CounterPunch - September 12th, 2020
- De'Andre Asbury-Heath Is a Baseball Pro and a New Contestant on 'Love Island USA' - Distractify - September 12th, 2020
- The Advice Goddess - Argonaut Online - September 9th, 2020
- Forsberg: Is Theis the best bang-for-your-buck contract in NBA? - Comcast SportsNet New England - September 9th, 2020
- Nowadays, Body Inclusivity Sells, and Brands Will Ignore It at Their Peril - Study Breaks - September 9th, 2020
- 31 Extra-Special Ways You Described Your Sexual Orientation on the 2020 Reader Survey - Autostraddle - September 9th, 2020
- Post Malone on how face tattoos and Supreme drops inspired his wine empire - British GQ - September 7th, 2020
- Model falls in love with childhood sweetheart after 30 years when pal picks him out for her on app - Wales Online - September 7th, 2020
- In the near future, what will restaurant adventures look like? Choose your own. - Kansas City Pitch - September 7th, 2020
- Commentary: I used to enforce the NCAA's exploitation - Massillon Independent - September 6th, 2020
- Whatever Happened To ... The Heavy Metal Mongolian Band Called The Hu? - KPCW - September 6th, 2020
- Model falls in love with sweetheart after 30 years thanks to app - Belfast Live - September 6th, 2020
- Commentary: I used to enforce the NCAA's exploitation - Suburbanite - September 6th, 2020
- A hero in the recovery community laid to rest - Concord Monitor - September 6th, 2020
- Model falls in love with sweetheart after 30 years thanks to app - MyLondon - September 6th, 2020
- Thieves Steal Firearms from Gun Show in Morgantown - Berks Weekly - September 4th, 2020
- Kick The Hobbit - The Free Weekly - September 4th, 2020
- Behind the Ink: Tattoo Culture at Yale-NUS College - The Octant - September 4th, 2020
- Jeffree Star's boyfriend Andre Marhold's Baby Mommy Responds To their Relationship - Dankanator - September 4th, 2020
- Chinese university dress code sends a wrong message. How other schools deal with campus clothing - Simcoe Reformer - September 4th, 2020
- Childhood Sweethearts Fall In Love 30 Years Later Thanks To App - Comic Sands - September 4th, 2020
- Katie Price feared shed die or lose both legs in horror fall as traumatised star reveals shes back at The - The Sun - September 4th, 2020
- I used to enforce the NCAAs exploitation of college athletes; now I fight for the players - USA TODAY - September 4th, 2020
- "My property": Abuser forced girlfriend to have tattoos of his name all over her body - Yahoo Sports - September 4th, 2020
- Jeffree Stars New Boyfriend Told His Babys Mother He Was Going On A Work Trip... - Celebrity Insider - September 4th, 2020
- BMW carjackers flee with nothing - after they are spooked by owner's dog - Birmingham Live - September 4th, 2020
- Chinese university dress code sends a wrong message. How other schools deal with campus clothing - Wetaskiwin Times Advertiser - September 4th, 2020
- Holden showrooms become museums this weekend as the 'iconic' car brand is farewelled across Tasmania - ABC News - September 4th, 2020
- The 74 Best Tattoo Ideas for Men | Improb - September 2nd, 2020
- The 140 Best Shoulder Tattoo Designs for Men (2020 ... - September 2nd, 2020
- 108 Best Badass Tattoos for Men | Improb - September 2nd, 2020