Brides always want to look and feel their best on their wedding day, says Mary Sharp, owner of Ideal Healthy Weight Loss, with multiple Connecticut locations. They want to radiate happiness and confidence as they share the big day with friends and family. Thankfully, Connecticut is home to a plethora of practices designed to help brides become their best selves, inside and out.
As brides start to call caterers and line up the DJ, its also time to start planning health and beauty treatments. Brides are motivated to get these things under control before they get married, adds Tracy Hill Fisher of Electrolysis of Wallingford. Read on for your detailed timeline for when you should begin the most popular health and beauty treatments, and where you can find them in the Constitution State.
Tattoo removal:1 year in advance
Laser Center of Milford,203-877-6568, lasercenterofmilford.com
I usually tell patients it can take up to one year to remove a tattoo, explains Dr. Gino Ang, the aesthetic and laser specialist at Laser Center of Milford. Of course, he notes, the actual time and amount of sessions can vary widely from case to case. The process works by firing laser frequencies on a tattoo, causing the ink to dissipate into small particles, which are then slowly absorbed into the body.
Because of this, Dr. Ang says patients must wait three to four weeks between sessions to allow the ink to blanch and coalesce again. Plus, tattoo removal is somewhat painful, so patients will need some time to recover, he adds, noting that complete removal can take anywhere from five to 10 sessions. The fresher the tattoo, the longer it takes, he says. Older tattoos come off easier. Ive seen some that disappear after three sessions.
Because of this variation, Dr. Ang recommends brides begin the process at least a year before their wedding if theyd like a tattoo completely gone. While youre in, Dr. Ang can also treat issues like bad acne scarring with microneedling. And we always finish it off with a hydrafacial to really clean the skin and make it glow, he adds.
Weight loss:6 months or more in advance
Ideal Healthy Weight Loss, Glastonbury, Granby and Avon,idealhealthyweightloss.com
In our experience, many brides-to-be use an upcoming wedding as motivation to lose unhealthy weight, and the benefits are both physical and emotional, says Mary Sharp, RN, owner and medical supervisor at Ideal Healthy Weight Loss. The company helps clients lose weight sustainably with its Ideal Protein method.
The diet program offers predictable and measurable outcomes, with an average weight loss of eight to 10 pounds per month for women and 10 to 12 pounds for men. So, the amount of time required depends on how much weight each client would like to lose. If someone wants to lose 30 pounds, I would estimate the weight-loss phase would require about four months, Sharp explains. After that, the client would enter the stabilization phase where foods are slowly reintroduced into their diet.
The vital stabilization phase lasts about two months, Sharp says, bringing the total time to about six months. After that, the client would enter the maintenance phase, which can begin before the wedding and continue after the honeymoon. Ideal Healthy Weight Loss continues to monitor clients for a full year after they have achieved their weight-loss goals.
Hair removal:5-6 months in advance
Electrolysis of Wallingford,203-974-3747, 475-209-1849,electrolysisofwallingford.com
During electrolysis, a hair-fine filament distributes minute amounts of electricity into a hair follicle. The electrologist then removes the hair and the follicle heals shut, so nothing can grow out of it again. Because each person has a different hair type and desired area for removal, the length and amount of sessions can vary significantly from client to client.
For brides, wed recommend coming in for a consultation at least six months before the wedding so we can evaluate on a case-by-case basis from there, says Tracy Hill Fisher, licensed electrologist at Electrolysis of Wallingford. She notes that many brides come in to address excessive hair growth caused by hormone imbalances. In these cases, Fisher and her fellow electrologist Naz Hibodi can work in tandem with a patients endocrinologist and GYN to find a cohesive solution.
Others, meanwhile, would simply like to remove underarm or upper lip hair. A lot of people come in and they dont realize why theyre here, so I try to guide them in the right direction, Fisher adds. Brides especially are hoping to look their best, and theyre focused on getting everything situated for the big day.
Body wraps:4 months in advance
Shoreline Alternative Therapies, Guilford and Wallingford,shorelineneurofeedback.com
Co-owned and run by Gabriella Connolly and Amy Platt, Shoreline Alternative Therapies offers an array of non-invasive treatments. Connolly and Platt are both registered nurses, and Platt is also a physical therapist. Among their offerings are infrared heat body detox wraps. These innovative wraps use infrared heat to penetrate seven times deeper than regular heat. The process helps the body burn fat into the deeper layers through the dermis, Platt explains. We have people who are heavily working out getting ready for their wedding, and this will relieve stiffness and soreness. It also offers stress reduction, releases toxins, and increases energy.
The wraps, in tandem with a healthy diet, can help stimulate weight loss and even reduce cellulite and improve elasticity. Connolly recommends getting started three to four months before the wedding for two sessions per week to total eight to 10 treatments. Those last two to three weeks before the wedding get so hectic, and you dont want this to add stress, she notes. For a total mind-body experience, the duo recommends doing the wraps along with treatments like vibroacoustic therapy, cupping and reflexology.
Microblading:3 months in advance
Effis Salon, Westport,203-226-9880, effissalon.com
Microblading is a method of permanent makeup, explains Aleksandra Matys, aesthetician at Effis Salon in Westport. The procedure is reminiscent of tattooing, since it involves putting a dye under the skin with a thin needle hence its lasting results. Though the techniques can vary, microblading is a popular option to add or enhance natural-looking eyebrows that have suffered from over waxing/plucking in the past.
Matys specializes in a natural-looking method called feathering. Ideal for weddings and beach honeymoons, durability is the main advantage, she says. Unlike makeup, you dont have to worry about smudging poolside or in the rain.
Healing can take four to six weeks after the procedure, and Matys says permanent eyebrow makeup often requires corrections like adjusting shape or darkening color, which are performed at least one month after the first treatment. With proper care, the pigment can last up to two years, so she recommends getting started three to four months before the big day.
Keratin treatments:2 months in adavance
The Spa at Litchfield Hills,860-567-8575, litchfield-spa.com
Your hair is made up of keratin, so when its frizzy, its lacking this protein, explains Katie Brignolo, salon creative director at The Spa at Litchfield Hills. Keratin treatments can add shine and/or straighten curls, depending on what clients are looking for. Over time, it fades out, rather than growing out like a perm, so theres no awkward in between period.
Treatments start with clarifying buildup from hair, applying keratin, blow drying hair, and finishing with a flatiron. The process opens up the cuticle, so it takes about a week to allow the cuticle to close and trap the keratin inside. Brignolo recommends a first-time treatment two to three months before the wedding.
If brides want to enjoy glossy locks for more events leading up to their wedding day, they can get a treatment about five months beforehand, and refresh it with a lighter express method a few weeks before the wedding. It really helps with smoothness, especially if youre getting married in the summer or having a destination wedding or bachelorette party in warmer climates, Brignolo says. It really helps cut down on blow-dry time.
Follow this link:
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 20th, 2021
- Soliton Named Best New Technology Award at the Aesthetic Industry Association Board Meeting - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2021
- Britains most tattooed woman covers half her skin with make-up to show what she looks like without ink - The Sun - February 8th, 2021
- Pure Ink Tattoo Studios - NJ Premier Tattoo Studio - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - February 6th, 2021
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - February 6th, 2021
- Integrity Ink Provides Fast, Effective, and Affordable Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal in Crosby, TX with the Astanza Trinity Laser - GlobeNewswire - January 27th, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- As Statues Of America's Racist Past Were Removed This Year, So Were Tattoos - NPR - December 31st, 2020
- New tattoo shop open in Torrington - The Torrington Telegram - December 28th, 2020
- How I Met Your Mother: Best Season 3 Episodes, According To IMDb - TheThings - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Celebs Who Refuse To Get Tattoos | TheThings - TheThings - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson Is Allegedly Getting All of His Tattoos Removed Details - Allure - December 19th, 2020
- 15 Best Tattoo Removal Creams That Works: 2020 Buyer's Guide - December 18th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 18th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Machine Market status and outlook: 2021 business development plans by companies, industry trends and restraints, market share and... - December 16th, 2020
- Why Kat Von D Covered Up Her Tattoos - PopCrush - December 16th, 2020
- What you need to know before getting a white tattoo - The Saxon - November 27th, 2020
- S.I. orange zone: This could be the end of my business, says gym owner - silive.com - November 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus: These businesses will close if NYC becomes an orange zone - SILive.com - November 20th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 10th, 2020
- The 'healing' power of tattoos - by artist who says studios are like confession booths - Birmingham Live - November 8th, 2020
- Celebrity tattoos that will inspire you to get inked - Times Now - November 5th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 4th, 2020
- How to Remove Fresh Tattoo Ink from Skin - Tips to remove ... - November 1st, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - November 1st, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 28th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal Treatments NJ | Laser Tattoo Treatment ... - October 21st, 2020
- Non laser Tattoo Removal: The most easy and cost effective way to remove tattoo - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - October 9th, 2020
- Reynolds ink: Why Rabbitohs skipper wants to 'start again' with tats - Sydney Morning Herald - October 8th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 4th, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 25th, 2020
- Bizarre: 44-year-old with several body modifications gets his nose removed to look like 'Human Satan' - Times Now - September 25th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo Blowout: Appearance, Treatments, and More - August 26th, 2020
- Hackensack Medical Laser - Tattoo Removal New Jersey - August 26th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal NJ: Get Rid of Tattoos Today! - August 26th, 2020
- TikToker gets freckle tattoosand it goes horribly wrong - The Daily Dot - August 20th, 2020
- National Tattoo Removal Day: INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist And Hate Tattoos For Free - Latin Times - August 13th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Market Rapidly Growing in Healthcare, Competitor Analysis, Complete Study of Current Trends and Forecast 2020-2023 - The Daily... - August 13th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - PRNewswire - August 12th, 2020
- Groupons offering free removal to ink fans who have a tattoo of the wrong star sign following Nasas 13th hor - The Sun - July 15th, 2020