The County of Orange moved from the Purple Tier to the Red Tier as a part of the Governor Newsoms Blue Print for a Safer Economy. This allows certain business sectors to re-open immediately and businesses to expand their operations with certain restrictions. Additionally, County Health Officer Dr. Clayton Chau has issued related new Orders and Strong Recommendations, which also include seasonal flu vaccination for certain county residents and visitors. Access the document in its entirely here.
A listing of some of the activities and businesses now re-opened and/or expanded today are as follows:
Places of Worship
Hair Salons and Barbershops
Personal Care Services (nail salons, body waxing, tattoo parlors, piercing studios, skin care & cosmetology, and massage services)
Gyms and Fitness Facilities
Family Entertainment Centers
Museums, Zoos and Aquariums
Orange County residents may search for a business or activity type by visiting https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/ and typing in Orange in the County field, entering the business or activity type, and clicking, GET LATEST STATUS.
Today, Orange County takes another step in the right direction in our fight against COVID-19. As we move into the states less stringent red tier designation, the restrictions on our business sectors will be significantly relaxed, said Chairwoman Michelle Steel, Second District. With our continued hard work, I am confident that we will continue trending in the right direction and move into the Orange tier in the not too distant future. The County of Orange cant get there without everyones help and participation in observing health guidelines.
A new blueprint for business sector re-opening was unveiled by Governor Newsom on August 28, 2020, which includes a color-coded, tiered system that will use two metrics to measure the novel coronavirus: spread rate and test positivity percentage.
The tiers are designated by four colors: purple (widespread), red (substantial), orange (moderate) and yellow (minimal with the lowest restrictions).
As Orange County moves along the States new tier system, we must all continue to be vigilant and not let our guard down, said Vice Chairman Andrew Do, First District. Adhering to social distancing guidelines, good hygiene, and using face coverings, will ensure that we continue to trend in a positive direction so we can reopen more business sectors while ensuring the safety and security of all of Orange County residents.
Under the new State monitoring guidelines, Orange County is now the Red Tier, the second-most restrictive tier of all the four tiers in the State.
Counties must remain at each tier for a minimum of 21 days. The States new website, http://www.COVID19.ca.gov, will track the metrics, show an interactive map and list business sectors open by each county.
Orange County has been hitting the marks from the State but we havent been getting the credit were due and thats been a source of frustration for us, said Supervisor Don Wagner, Third District. The State should give up on their failed phasing systems and return local control to the counties. Trust local leaders, businesses, and schools to reopen safely.
The States tiers systems are based on two metrics: case rate and the percentage of positive tests. For Orange County to remain in the Red Tier, we will have to report between four to seven COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents per day and a positivity rate between five percent to eight percent.
Its important that Orange County continues to make strides in the right direction, said Supervisor Doug Chaffee, Fourth District. We know that many are tired of hearing it, but we see the fruits of people wearing face-coverings, social distancing and ensuring proper hygiene. Its important to continue to do your part.
For the Orange County to transition to the Orange Tier Tier Three the County will have to report between 1-3.9 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents per day and a positivity rate between 2-4.9 percent for at least two consecutive weeks. This is in addition remaining on the Orange Tier for a minimum of 21 days.
It is my goal that the County continues to take all the right measures and precautions to ensure the health and safety of our residents, while at the same time, allowing for the safe reopening our economy so Orange County can get back to business, said Supervisor Lisa Bartlett, Fifth District. This has been a challenging time for so many people in my district, including many of our small businesses. Its time for us to move forward and get our economy back on track so Orange County can once again thrive and come back even stronger than before, she said.
The Orange County school waiver process will not be impacted by the Governors new system. Schools can re-open on a widespread basis (without a waiver) once a county is in the red tier for at least two weeks. There will then be a 14-day wait for all K-12 schools in Orange County to be eligible for re-opening in-person education, which will put us on track for September 22, 2020. To view the current list of schools that have applied for a waiver and their respective statuses, please click here.
This article was released by the County of Orange.
Please follow and like us:
View original post here:
- Black Americans flock to gun stores and clubs: 'I needed to protect myself' - The Guardian - April 5th, 2021
- Palm Beach County Teacher of the Year brings together lessons of Holocaust, racism - Palm Beach Post - April 5th, 2021
- Suzanne Nicastro: Its Time to Tell the Truth about Public School Closures - Noozhawk - February 17th, 2021
- Gangland: a book about meth and the people whose lives it touches - The Spinoff - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the process of becoming a tattoo artist - Argonaut - February 13th, 2021
- Welcome to the Gross Room - INKED - February 13th, 2021
- Walter Suza: A city along the Mississippi seeks to defeat hate - Ames Tribune - February 6th, 2021
- Best of Jackson 2021: Community and Culture - Jackson Free Press - February 4th, 2021
- Eat my fear: Australian of the Year Grace Tame on surviving child sex abuse - Sydney Morning Herald - January 25th, 2021
- HIPAA Certification Online: Why Is It Worth It? - South Florida Caribbean News - January 24th, 2021
- State Is 'Battered, Not Broken' Kemp Says In State Of The State | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - January 15th, 2021
- Skin in the game: why getting a tattoo helped me achieve my goals - The Guardian - January 5th, 2021
- 20 touching photos from the Flint area in 2020 - MLive.com - December 28th, 2020
- What are the 'Tier 4' restrictions and will Harrogate be hit with tougher New Year Covid regulations? - Harrogate Advertiser - December 28th, 2020
- WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO FROM TODAY UNDER TIER 3 RESTRICTIONS - Island Echo - December 27th, 2020
- Tier 4 rules in full for Sussex: Heres what you can and cant do - Hastings Observer - December 27th, 2020
- Fusing the Flavors of the World - INKED - December 25th, 2020
- University of East Anglia, UK announces Sonny Mehta India Scholarship for budding Indian writers - India Education Diary - December 16th, 2020
- This 75-year-old from Madurai has preserved memories of the Dravidian movement - The News Minute - December 13th, 2020
- Tattoo training, online course - TattooTechniques.com - December 7th, 2020
- Licensed Tattoo Artist: Job Description and Education ... - December 7th, 2020
- Fun and Games this Holiday Season -- Gift Giving for Kids! - WISHTV.com - December 7th, 2020
- Emily Viti's son has MPS and the Framingham High volleyball coach is fighting to find a cure for the terminal disease - Milford Daily News - December 6th, 2020
- Through Positive Eyes: living with HIV and Aids - a photo essay - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- DepEd admits error in a module that says people with tattoo are criminals - Manila Bulletin - November 20th, 2020
- The Japanese Pilgrimage Where Horimono Tattoos Are Revered - VICE - November 18th, 2020
- Educator of the Week: Jeff Bergman - Racine County Eye - November 18th, 2020
- Jacob Free: 5 things to know about the Troy University football quarterback - Montgomery Advertiser - November 18th, 2020
- Even as traditional globalisation has slowed, a new kind has sped up - The Economist - November 5th, 2020
- California voters reject affirmative action ballot measure - Education Week - November 5th, 2020
- Morality, legality and tattoos - koreatimes - October 31st, 2020
- Europes Locked Down, but Schools Are Open - The New York Times - October 31st, 2020
- Seances, tattoos and the unbreakable bond between Mikaela Mayer and Al Mitchell - ESPN - October 31st, 2020
- Tier 4 lockdown: what would the rules be, and what UK areas could be affected? - The Telegraph - October 31st, 2020
- What can we do as the county stays in the purple tier? - Sonoma West - October 28th, 2020
- Post Covid-19 Impact on Smart Tattoo Market Share Forecast by Application 2020 Analysis and Forecasts to 2027- MOTOROLA CORPORATION, Google Inc, and... - October 28th, 2020
- Simulation Learning Market Set to Register robust CAGR During 2020-2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 28th, 2020
- Four in the running for 4th Senate seat - Journal Inquirer - October 24th, 2020
- Backlog of Test Results Is Reason for Todays Large Number of Reported COVID-19 Infections - WEHOville - October 24th, 2020
- Study outlines the link between tattoos and damage to sweat glands - News-Medical.net - October 21st, 2020
- QAnon-linked Save the Children movement is derailing local anti-trafficking organizations - The Arizona Republic - October 19th, 2020
- CURE's Inaugural Lung Cancer Heroes Program Honors Several Individuals Who Have Dedicated Their Lives and Careers to Improving Care for Patients -... - October 17th, 2020
- Herald building tenants raise fortunes of downtown area - tricitiesbusinessnews.com - October 16th, 2020
- V,I, Council on the Arts celebrated Arts and Humanities Month - Virgin Islands Daily News - October 9th, 2020
- Family of late Holy Cross rower Grace Rett speaks out, working to build a gym in her honor - Boston Herald - October 8th, 2020
- Meet the MBA Class of 2022: Jordan Hunt, Cornell University (Johnson) - Poets&Quants - October 8th, 2020
- Benjamin Keough Is Laid To Rest Next To His Grandfather Elvis At Graceland - - The Tech Education - October 4th, 2020
- IN CASE YOU MISSED ITSchedule of Reuters features from this week - Reuters - October 4th, 2020
- Anderson Luna Is Here To Make Tattooing Accessible To Other People Of Color - HuffPost - September 30th, 2020
- Heavily tattooed school teacher risks losing his job because of his appearance - Myjoyonline.com - September 25th, 2020
- A World to Be Discovered: Deaf artists of Omaha - Gateway - The Gateway - September 22nd, 2020
- People are getting coronavirus-themed tattoos of masks, toilet paper - Insider - INSIDER - September 20th, 2020
- Andrea Bolender Outlines Goals Of The Holocaust Memorial And Tolerance Center - Great Neck Record - September 18th, 2020
- Megan Connolly's winding career path a lesson in trust and faith - both on and off the field - Independent.ie - September 16th, 2020
- In Illinois, new survey finds 15% of millennials, Generation Z believe the Holocaust is a myth and did not h - Chicago Sun-Times - September 16th, 2020
- A look at how Trump's pointed rhetoric binds him to his tribe and it to him - Harvard Gazette - September 16th, 2020
- Creating Community: 7 Ground Floor Artists on the Art Scene in Birmingham - Bham Now - September 12th, 2020
- Portrait artist Akeem Hartman is one to watch - Stabroek News - September 12th, 2020
- The Black Lives Matter Movement Will Change the Future of Tattooing - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 11th, 2020
- Conroe man hit with huge 60-year sentence - Woodlands Online - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo Source: Social application for tattoo artists is planning to makes waves in the industry worldwide - Press Release - Digital Journal - September 7th, 2020
- Schalmont teacher going online to find '5 Minute Mentors' - The Daily Gazette - September 4th, 2020
- Tattoo Equipments Market Sets the Table for Continued Growth | Sabre, FK Irons, EZ Tattoo Supply, Kingpin Tattoo Supply - Bulletin Line - September 4th, 2020
- QuickBooks 101 Business Education Webinar on September 22 Open to All - PR Web - September 4th, 2020
- Education - atomictattoos.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Tattoo School | Tattoo Apprenticeships - Body Art & Soul ... - September 2nd, 2020
- Education - Virginia Arts Festival - September 2nd, 2020
- Learn How to Tattoo: Schools and Courses - September 2nd, 2020
- They came for us in the morning: What prison officials don't want you to know about the raid on 200+ incarcerated Black people at Soledad - San... - September 2nd, 2020
- Released from San Quentin, Rebuilding Their Lives - KQED - August 30th, 2020
- BTS: Jimin and his boat cap come to our rescue on this gloomy Thursday; Jiminie's '13' tattoo makes appearance - PINKVILLA - August 30th, 2020
- Global Tattoo Ink Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027) by Type, End User and Region. - Galus Australis - August 28th, 2020
- Dozens of mask complaints filed against Muncie-area businesses - The Star Press - August 24th, 2020
- In April, this educator lost her mother to COVID. Now NYC wants her to go back to work. - ABC News - August 22nd, 2020
- Daisy Johnson: Agents Of SHIELD Superhero! Know All About Her And Her Real Life! - The Tech Education - August 19th, 2020
- Breast Implants Market to Reach $3.05 Billion by 2027; Technological Intervention Has Played a Massive Role in Market Growth, says Fortune Business... - August 19th, 2020
- Smart Tattoo Market Growth Rate Forecasts to 2026 by Trending Industry Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications- MOTOROLA CORPORATION, Google... - August 19th, 2020
- 5 questions for Scott Gottlieb, Rick Hess, and Michael Strain on the next stage of the COVID pandemic - American Enterprise Institute - August 19th, 2020
- Welcome to the CPP (Crony Payment Plan) - The Platte County Landmark Newspaper - August 14th, 2020
- From piercing to pediatrics; Fargo doctor takes an inspiring career path - INFORUM - August 13th, 2020