KATIE PRICE has told of the horrifying moment she vaulted a small wall on holiday only to fall 25ft and smash both her feet.
Speaking to The Sun in her first interview since the accident in Turkey in July, the former glamour model reveals she feared she would never walk again. Now she is in The Priory because of the trauma.
Katie, 42, was at a theme park with new boyfriend Carl Woods, 31, and her children Junior, 15, and Princess, 13, when the accident happened. She had had a few drinks and was larking around.
Katie says: Im never ever drinking again and I wasnt even that p***ed.
We were just all mucking about.
It was just a small wall which had flowers on top and I thought it was the same height the other side but it was a 25ft drop.
I landed on my feet and it was like cement. I tried to get up and I couldnt.
Then this pain just hit my legs and Im screaming, My legs! My legs!
Then when the ambulance crew were trying to put me on the stretcher and touched my legs it was horrific pain.
I remember at the hospital looking down at my feet and they were sort of all bent. I cant remember too much after that because of the shock.
Then they were saying theyre broken and said I had a hairline fracture.
It didnt really sink in. I carried on the holiday in casts and in pain thinking, Oh, itll be all right when I get home.
I was trying not to moan about it but I was in pain.
After more detailed examinations doctors in Turkey told Katie she would have to have pins put in her feet to help her walk again.
She says: They wanted to operate over there but Carl was like, No no, no, wait to get back to England. Im like, No, no, Id rather just get it done.
They said it was a hairline fracture but if you saw my X-rays, its like my whole foot was rotated around the ball of my foot. Its been smashed like an egg. Theyve had to absolutely rebuild.
They fitted me with metal plates and screws.
They wanted to do keyhole surgery but when they got in they said they were so smashed up it was impossible. Thats why they had to do major surgery.
It took an eight-hour op to fuse the bones in her feet back together.
Katie adds: Usually when I have an op I know Im going to wake up with something better.
But this time I wasnt sure. I feared Id wake up without my legs and the pain just wouldnt go away. I still feel it now.
The doctors said Im lucky Im not dead.
I could have hit my head and I could have been paralysed, I am actually lucky I landed on my feet.
It was horrific pain. It felt like a nail gun hitting me continuously, like non-stop electric shocks.
I thought, Im never going to walk again. The doctors said theyve cut off legs before after seeing injuries like mine.
My feet are destroyed yet some people think Im faking it!
Fighting back tears, Katie adds: The only part of my body that Ive never had surgery on is my feet.
Ive always had small, dinky, perfect princess feet but now theyre completely mangled, with the most disgusting scars along the side.
They look like something from a horror film. The scars are so disgusting they look like Cornish pasties. I cant believe Ive done this to myself.
My feet will never be the same again. I have to learn to walk again.
I wouldnt even have the strength to stand, even if I wanted to, because Ive lost all my muscle through wastage.
Its literally learning to move my toes, trying to do the same with my ankle. Ive been through so much mental stuff, you know.
I was in The Priory at the beginning of the year and I came out a different person, then this happens. Its just bad, its just s**t. So mentally, its hard to cope.
I really have done my feet and then to hear people say, Oh, shes faking it, shes had her bunions done.
But the good news is I was going to go back in a cast, so I went two days ago and theyve now put me in an air boot because Ive healed really well. But it took them three hours to get the embedded stitches out.
Ive chosen to go under the knife a lot but this was the worst pain ever, a different level of hurt. I couldnt stop crying stitches in each foot, 50 or something.
But I will walk again. Its just a pain in the ass.
Katie is now back at The Priory being treated for anxiety and self-esteem issues following her latest setback.
She adds: Everything has hit me so hard, not only am I in a wheelchair but I have to learn to walk again and Im disabled. Its humiliating.
I feel so embarrassed being pushed around. People treat me differently and I dont know why my boyfriend stays with me.
I just hate it because Im helpless.
Its the most difficult thing ever getting in the bath. I have to lift my own body weight and I could drown if something goes wrong.
Going to the toilet is impossible. I cant even do proper cooking or get things down from the cupboards.
I am being treated in The Priory again because my mental health has been so badly affected.
Its hard to come to terms with not being able to walk across the room.
People think I was faking it because I was still going out and about or still looking chirpy and happy.
What the hell am I supposed to do, sit on the sofa and get mentally depressed that I cant do nothing?
Being pushed around in a wheelchair, people treat you differently.
I feel like saying, No, I just broke my feet, you dont need to give me the extra attention. Its fine.
And I feel sorry for Carl because hes such a 6ft 2in, handsome, gorgeous man, and I bet people look him and think, Look at you having to push her around in a wheelchair.
I look at the reflection in the shop windows, its demoralising, the heartbreak.
Katie, who says she has quit booze for good and plans to cover up the scars on her feet with new tattoos, is now hoping to marry Carl and have two children with him in a bid to finally have her happy ending.
While she is already a mum to Junior and Princess, along with Harvey, 18, Jett, seven, and Bunny, six, she has made no secret of feeling broody again.
Earlier this summer she revealed that a fertility doctor told her that if she wants another baby she needs to get pregnant within the next two years.
If she does end up tying the knot with Carl, it will be a case of fourth time lucky after failed marriages to exes Peter Andre, 47, Alex Reid, 45, and Kieran Hayler, 33.
Her last relationship, a rocky 18 months with fitness instructor Kris Boyson, 29, ended for good late last year.
But she is confident she has now found Mr Right, with Carl having more than proved his loyalty in the aftermath of her horror injury.
She says: I just feel sorry for him because we started our relationship and now Im in a wheelchair.
He is so good, Id be lost without him. If thats not love I dont know what is.
I just hate it because Im quite a strong bloody woman and now Im weak and vulnerable.
He stuck by me and that says a lot, and Ive changed a lot to be with him as well.
KEEG-ING FITMichelle Keegan shows off peachy bum in tight leggings as she heads to the gym
SCHO NoDec told I'm A Celeb bosses there was no way hed host with Phillip Schofield
FRAN'S PLANTowies Fran Parman covers up in a hoodie for filming after vowing to get fit
'Unbelievable!'Denise Welch hits back at Piers Morgan after he slammed 'dumb deluded' star
HEAVEN SENTJonathan Ross' daughter Honey calls herself a 'fat angel' in new photoshoot
Hes the first man to have changed me in every way. So many men have tried to change me and Im like, No one tells me what to do.
I dont want my boyfriend to be my carer, but at least I can keep Carl happy in the bedroom. Nothing has changed there.
I just cant do it standing up, I have to crawl along the floor so Im at knee height on him hes got no complaints!
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAILexclusive@the-sun.co.uk
- Getting Inked can impair sweating, make body to overheat - The Statesman - October 25th, 2020
- Deepdive: This is why #endsars trended this week - Mumbai Mirror - October 25th, 2020
- Male rappers are more than their music The Vermont Cynic - Vermont Cynic - October 24th, 2020
- Victor Ray Cruz Wanted to Turn His Life Around Then He Got the Coronavirus - Voice of San Diego - October 22nd, 2020
- Donations of blood wanted by hospital | News, Sports, Jobs - timesobserver.com - October 22nd, 2020
- The 40 Best Tattoo Ideas for Men Who Love Ink - menshealth.com - October 21st, 2020
- Women in Bhopal are getting tattoos of Goddess Durga to signify women empowerment - Free Press Journal - October 21st, 2020
- On Suits and Face Tattoos: The Black Community's Obsession with Respectability - The Southern Digest - October 21st, 2020
- Does Zac Efron Have Any Tattoos? The Answer Is Surprisingly Complicated - POPSUGAR - October 21st, 2020
- Dr. Dre and His Son Get Matching Tattoos - Rap-Up.com - October 21st, 2020
- I confronted my daughter's boyfriend but I was really confronting myself - The Guardian - October 19th, 2020
- 25 Carefree Bird Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 17th, 2020
- Three men with Canada wide warrants believed to be in Prince George area - My PG Now - October 17th, 2020
- Watch Brazen Burglars Steal Armloads of Laptops from Clovis Store. Police Seek Help to ID Them. - gvwire.com - October 17th, 2020
- Man believed to have Denham Springs ties wanted by Baton Rouge police for recent jewelry store theft - The Livingston Parish News - October 17th, 2020
- John Mayer's Royal Oak is the ultimate in low-key luxury - British GQ - October 17th, 2020
- TSR We Global: Members Of The ARISE News Crew Allege They Were Beaten By Authorities & Cameras Were Confiscated During An #EndSARS Protest... - October 14th, 2020
- Lifeblood say they can't bring in blood donation reforms earlier than 2021 - OUTinPerth - October 14th, 2020
- 10 of the best tattoos in the UFC (Photos) - FanSided - October 10th, 2020
- The art, meaning behind student tattoos | The Chimes - The Chimes - October 10th, 2020
- Proud Boys Rally Possibly Planned For Dolores Park (But Don't Assume These Jokers Are That Organized) - SFist - October 9th, 2020
- This Worcester beauty studio is on a mission to help breast cancer survivors move forward in recovery with a - MassLive.com - October 9th, 2020
- ACLU of Massachusetts will represent Bena Apreala, man stopped by unmarked officers while jogging in West Rox - MassLive.com - October 8th, 2020
- Boston leaders demand answers after Black man is stopped by ICE while jogging in West Roxbury - Boston.com - October 8th, 2020
- This former Rutgers star could have been shot by cops. Now he wants to become one. - NJ.com - October 8th, 2020
- Keeping His Eye on the Movement - INKED - October 8th, 2020
- ACLU Represents West Roxbury Man Stopped By ICE While Jogging - iHeartRadio - October 8th, 2020
- Katie Price admits she always kept a backup man on the side after ex-husband Kieran Hayler cheated on her - The Sun - October 8th, 2020
- Was the German unity celebrated Oct. 3 a good or a bad thing? - People's World - October 7th, 2020
- 'It hurts': Workers grapple with the mental impacts of Alberta's recession - WellandTribune.ca - October 4th, 2020
- 'I don't over think it' - Tarrus Riley on image, masculinity and music - Jamaica Gleaner - October 4th, 2020
- Preying on the Vulnerable: Half of Trafficked Women and Girls Are Immigrants - WTTW News - October 4th, 2020
- Chaplain Norris Burkes: Who's your BFF? - The Union of Grass Valley - October 2nd, 2020
- These are the internet's favorite memes from the first presidential debate of 2020 - NBC News - October 2nd, 2020
- New exhibition: 'Ink in the Lines': the art and meaning of military tattoos - Australian Photography - October 2nd, 2020
- DAWN Describes His Childhood, Relationship With HyunA, Meaning Of His Tattoos, And More - soompi - October 2nd, 2020
- How one man spent 34 years in prison after setting fire to a pair of curtains - The Guardian - October 2nd, 2020
- Katie Price says she's getting boyfriend Carl Woods' face tattooed on her arm after just four months of dating - Brinkwire - October 2nd, 2020
- Trump's election spurred B.C. painter David A. Haughton to focus on evil - Straight.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Bleak Resonance of 'Native Son' | by Gary Younge - The New York Review of Books - October 2nd, 2020
- Katie Price says shes getting boyfriend Carl Woods face tattooed on her arm after just four months of dat - The Sun - September 30th, 2020
- Will Smith Might Be a Superstar but He's Not Good at Everything, According To a Former Co-Star - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 30th, 2020
- Who are the Proud Boys? - Quartz - September 30th, 2020
- Man wanted in Toronto assault that left victim seriously injured: police - Global News - September 30th, 2020
- British Post-Punk Band Idles Are Throwing a Revolution, and Everyone's Invited - The New York Times - September 22nd, 2020
- 'Men get breast cancer too' | Ohio daughters raising awareness about breast cancer in men in honor of their father - WTOL - September 22nd, 2020
- Day 20: If You Live In The Rural West, You Better Fit The Part - KUNR Public Radio - September 22nd, 2020
- 15 Meaningful Dream Catcher Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - September 20th, 2020
- Men ghost me on dating apps when I tell them Im autistic I just want to be accepted - The Sun - September 20th, 2020
- Five Guys a Week, review: irresistibly voyeuristic dating show adheres perfectly to lockdown rules - Telegraph.co.uk - September 20th, 2020
- Final Fantasy XVI: 3 things you might have missed in the trailer - RPG Site - September 20th, 2020
- Miller & Carter turn away two men because their 'chavvy' outfits breach dress code - Somerset Live - September 18th, 2020
- London crime: The faces of 5 men wanted over drugs and firearms offences - My London - September 16th, 2020
- Central American refugees stopped by Trump, then by pandemic - Herald-Whig - September 16th, 2020
- Baltimore murder suspects protected by sanctuary laws, ICE says; 'This is the worst-case scenario' - Fox News - September 16th, 2020
- Pepe the Frog Mutates from a Far Right Meme Into a Lovable, Far Gone Figure in Feels Good Man - The Texas Observer - September 16th, 2020
- Wait, The 'If I Go Missing' Kit From 'A.P. Bio' On Peacock Is A Real, Law Enforcement-Recommended Thing? - Oxygen - September 16th, 2020
- Oconee County sheriffs blotter: Thieves on video, a middle finger and a glob of tobacco dip - Online Athens - September 16th, 2020
- The faces of the 7 most wanted men in the North West - Lancs Live - September 12th, 2020
- Oconee County sheriffs blotter: Thieves on video, a middle finger and a glob of tobacco dip - Savannah Morning News - September 12th, 2020
- Fourteen Martyrs in the Struggle Against Racist Terror and Trumpism-Fascism - CounterPunch - September 12th, 2020
- De'Andre Asbury-Heath Is a Baseball Pro and a New Contestant on 'Love Island USA' - Distractify - September 12th, 2020
- The Advice Goddess - Argonaut Online - September 9th, 2020
- Forsberg: Is Theis the best bang-for-your-buck contract in NBA? - Comcast SportsNet New England - September 9th, 2020
- Nowadays, Body Inclusivity Sells, and Brands Will Ignore It at Their Peril - Study Breaks - September 9th, 2020
- 31 Extra-Special Ways You Described Your Sexual Orientation on the 2020 Reader Survey - Autostraddle - September 9th, 2020
- Post Malone on how face tattoos and Supreme drops inspired his wine empire - British GQ - September 7th, 2020
- Model falls in love with childhood sweetheart after 30 years when pal picks him out for her on app - Wales Online - September 7th, 2020
- In the near future, what will restaurant adventures look like? Choose your own. - Kansas City Pitch - September 7th, 2020
- Commentary: I used to enforce the NCAA's exploitation - Massillon Independent - September 6th, 2020
- Whatever Happened To ... The Heavy Metal Mongolian Band Called The Hu? - KPCW - September 6th, 2020
- Model falls in love with sweetheart after 30 years thanks to app - Belfast Live - September 6th, 2020
- Commentary: I used to enforce the NCAA's exploitation - Suburbanite - September 6th, 2020
- A hero in the recovery community laid to rest - Concord Monitor - September 6th, 2020
- Model falls in love with sweetheart after 30 years thanks to app - MyLondon - September 6th, 2020
- Thieves Steal Firearms from Gun Show in Morgantown - Berks Weekly - September 4th, 2020
- Kick The Hobbit - The Free Weekly - September 4th, 2020
- Behind the Ink: Tattoo Culture at Yale-NUS College - The Octant - September 4th, 2020
- Jeffree Star's boyfriend Andre Marhold's Baby Mommy Responds To their Relationship - Dankanator - September 4th, 2020
- Chinese university dress code sends a wrong message. How other schools deal with campus clothing - Simcoe Reformer - September 4th, 2020