There are all kinds of questionable trends on TikTok.
Since the app shot to popularity back in 2018, it has grown into one of the most talked-about social media sites on the planet. Due to this popularity, users are always looking for ways to out-do one another. This has led to a range of extremely questionable trends and challenges. Many could lead to genuine bodily harm, while others are just inadvisable. Take, for instance, the people tattooing freckles onto their faces.
Tattoos are great, we get it. As are freckles. But tattooing tiny dots onto your facefor a shockingly high price, at thatdoesnt seem to work. In some cases, the new ink is transformative. Formerly blank canvases of skin end up looking sun-kissed and lightly speckled. In other cases, the tattoos look far more like tattoosnot exactly what these people are looking for.
Take TikToker @runitmomma, who recently uploaded a video detailing her less-than-successful attempt at changing up her look.
The video begins with a photo of a gorgeous young woman with natural-looking freckles and lightly tanned skin. In the background, a woman can be heard weeping.
This is what I wanted, OK, a TikTok sound bite begins as a finger emerges and points to the natural-looking freckles. This, the pastels. And this is what I got! The camera then switches to reveal @runitmommas freshly inked face. Her new look is very much missing the natural element she was looking for.
The video concludes immediately after. As @runitmomma explained to commenters, she has always loved freckles and wanted to enhance her look by getting a smattering of natural-appearing speckles on her face. Instead, she has permanent dots scattered across her cheeks, nose, and forehead.
A year and three laser tattoo removal appointments after @runitmommas unfortunate experiment she has a lovelyalbeit minorsmattering of freckles across her cheeks and nose.
Hopefully, anyone else looking to attempt this questionable trend will take @runitmommas disastrous experience as a lesson. According to a commenter on the video, there are more successful methods to obtaining the look. A cosmetic tattoo artist who goes by Jessica on the platform noted that freshly inked freckles are likely to look big and dark. Once theyve faded a bit, assuming they still look unnatural, Jessica recommended retinol products or salicylic acid products.
If youre looking to obtain the look @runitmomma was going for, Jessica recommends going to a cosmetic tattoo artist, rather than a traditional tattoo artist. The pigment and technique we use is meant to be more natural/fade over time rather than regular tattoo, she wrote.
Her lesson comes a bit too late for @runitmomma, but maybe someone else can learn from Jessicas advice and @runitmommas mistake.
*First Published: Aug 19, 2020, 8:25 am
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.
Read more here:
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 20th, 2021
- Soliton Named Best New Technology Award at the Aesthetic Industry Association Board Meeting - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2021
- Britains most tattooed woman covers half her skin with make-up to show what she looks like without ink - The Sun - February 8th, 2021
- Pure Ink Tattoo Studios - NJ Premier Tattoo Studio - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - February 6th, 2021
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - February 6th, 2021
- Integrity Ink Provides Fast, Effective, and Affordable Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal in Crosby, TX with the Astanza Trinity Laser - GlobeNewswire - January 27th, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- As Statues Of America's Racist Past Were Removed This Year, So Were Tattoos - NPR - December 31st, 2020
- New tattoo shop open in Torrington - The Torrington Telegram - December 28th, 2020
- How I Met Your Mother: Best Season 3 Episodes, According To IMDb - TheThings - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Celebs Who Refuse To Get Tattoos | TheThings - TheThings - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson Is Allegedly Getting All of His Tattoos Removed Details - Allure - December 19th, 2020
- 15 Best Tattoo Removal Creams That Works: 2020 Buyer's Guide - December 18th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 18th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Machine Market status and outlook: 2021 business development plans by companies, industry trends and restraints, market share and... - December 16th, 2020
- Why Kat Von D Covered Up Her Tattoos - PopCrush - December 16th, 2020
- What you need to know before getting a white tattoo - The Saxon - November 27th, 2020
- S.I. orange zone: This could be the end of my business, says gym owner - silive.com - November 25th, 2020
- Coronavirus: These businesses will close if NYC becomes an orange zone - SILive.com - November 20th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 10th, 2020
- The 'healing' power of tattoos - by artist who says studios are like confession booths - Birmingham Live - November 8th, 2020
- Celebrity tattoos that will inspire you to get inked - Times Now - November 5th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 4th, 2020
- How to Remove Fresh Tattoo Ink from Skin - Tips to remove ... - November 1st, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - November 1st, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 28th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal Treatments NJ | Laser Tattoo Treatment ... - October 21st, 2020
- Non laser Tattoo Removal: The most easy and cost effective way to remove tattoo - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - October 9th, 2020
- Reynolds ink: Why Rabbitohs skipper wants to 'start again' with tats - Sydney Morning Herald - October 8th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 4th, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 25th, 2020
- Bizarre: 44-year-old with several body modifications gets his nose removed to look like 'Human Satan' - Times Now - September 25th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - August 26th, 2020
- Tattoo Blowout: Appearance, Treatments, and More - August 26th, 2020
- Hackensack Medical Laser - Tattoo Removal New Jersey - August 26th, 2020
- Best Tattoo Removal NJ: Get Rid of Tattoos Today! - August 26th, 2020
- National Tattoo Removal Day: INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist And Hate Tattoos For Free - Latin Times - August 13th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Market Rapidly Growing in Healthcare, Competitor Analysis, Complete Study of Current Trends and Forecast 2020-2023 - The Daily... - August 13th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - PRNewswire - August 12th, 2020
- Groupons offering free removal to ink fans who have a tattoo of the wrong star sign following Nasas 13th hor - The Sun - July 15th, 2020